TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wounded Warriors SS Northeast

BlueByU

July 11th 2012 the Garnden State Region Mustang Club and others met in South Jersey at Haldeman Ford the Wounded Warriors Family Supoort Super Snake Shelby. :camera: Everyone should come out and support the great charity.

Check out the location near you. (MCA Mustang Times ) The GSRMC members alone gave $ 680.00

2012WoundedWarriors013.jpg

2012WoundedWarriors004.jpg

2012WoundedWarriors015.jpg

2012WoundedWarriors006.jpg

July 11th 2012 the Garnden State Region Mustang Club and others met in South Jersey at Haldeman Ford the Wounded Warriors Family Supoort Super Snake Shelby. :camera: Everyone should come out and support the great charity.

Check out the location near you. (MCA Mustang Times ) The GSRMC members alone gave $ 680.00

That's unfortunate because that is NOT the Wonded Warrior Project. This is reportedly, the closest thing to a outright scam there is, if not a outright scam.

Please read this:

QUOTE;

Just an FYI, this is not Wounded Warrior... This organization was sued by them and have had some less then favorable press recenty:

http://jalopnik.com/5900277/

Anton

END QUOTE:

Phill

Hi. Before you speak YOU should know a couple of thing about this Charity. First the Wounded Warriors Family Support is sponsored by the following, Barret Jackson, ( This SS Shelby will be Auctioned off in Legas ) Last year the SS Shelby raised over

$ 1,000,200.00 at the Barrett Jackson Auction. Ford donated the GT500 and Shelby America upgraded it to a Super Snake. This SS Shelby will be traveling around the US until the Barrett Jackson Auction. PLEASE check out the Woundedwarriorsfamilysupport.org website. Then talk about SCAMS.

The Wounded Warriors Project is one of our Charities of the Garden State Region Mustang Club too. Our GSRMC donated last year over $ 1,400.00 to the WW Project, Our July 29th 2012 Car Show Posted here (Notheast) is also for the WW Project.

Phil you think before speaking. This year the Wounded Warriors Project wants $ 99.00 up front before you can use their Name and Logo on ANY Car Show advertisement. Now that a SCAM.

Bill C

Hi. Before you speak YOU should know a couple of thing about this Charity. First the Wounded Warriors Family Support is sponsored by the following, Barret Jackson, ( This SS Shelby will be Auctioned off in Legas ) Last year the SS Shelby raised over

$ 1,000,200.00 at the Barrett Jackson Auction. Ford donated the GT500 and Shelby America upgraded it to a Super Snake. This SS Shelby will be traveling around the US until the Barrett Jackson Auction. PLEASE check out the Woundedwarriorsfamilysupport.org website. Then talk about SCAMS.

The Wounded Warriors Project is one of our Charities of the Garden State Region Mustang Club too. Our GSRMC donated last year over $ 1,400.00 to the WW Project, Our July 29th 2012 Car Show Posted here (Notheast) is also for the WW Project.

Phil you think before speaking. This year the Wounded Warriors Project wants $ 99.00 up front before you can use their Name and Logo on ANY Car Show advertisement. Now that a SCAM.

Bill C

I don't care WHO sponsors them and I don't know why it matters to you. What does a sponsor have to do with their credibility? The facts are outlined in the provided link. Did you read it?

As far as WWP wanting $99 for the use of their name...So what? Ask Shelby for a signature (a COMPUTER generated sig) and see how much that costs! The cold hard fact is, they HAVE to protect their name/logo/copyright & tradmarks because if they don't, they loose it. By "licensing" it (for a $99 charge) they protect it. That's the law.

For your assertation that BJ raised $1,000,200...That is addressed in the article. They have to pay WWP $4.x million for a law suit THEY LOST.

Look at the facts, Jack. And now look at how much actually goes directly to the "Wounded Warriors Family", and how much goes to line some fat cat's pocket.

Your argument is moot. It sounds to me like you're part of their BS because you sure are defensive when it comes to a operation that is PROVEN (in a court of law) to be deceitful (at best).

Phill

Ya know Phill.. Just because a website online (jalopnik) makes a claim. Doesn't make it fact. :nonono:

And what makes you so certain you can trust your church? Ilmor... :headscratch:

Any why are you so critical of Bill? Phill... If in fact his club was scammed the respectful thing to do would be to have compassion. Yes? No?

I know Bill and he is a great guy. A gentleman...

That's all... Gator out.

Ya know Phill.. Just because a website online (jalopnik) makes a claim. Doesn't make it fact. :nonono:

Understand and agree. But do you think they forged the legal papers?

Phill

Folks... Here's the reply I got from Steve Davis, President of Barrett Jackson. He copied General Folsom and General Sylvester...

================================================================

Peter,

Thanks for the photos, it was a pleasure to meet you and your son in Carlisle.

Your door makes a great display piece and represents quite a story…I love the stripes on the wall, they look awesome and really make a statement. I am honored to have signed your door and by doing so, become a part of your Shelby history.

Regarding your question about the Wounded Warriors Family Support charity, it is very difficult in this day and age to constructively deal with rumors, accusations, and innuendo that emanate from a Blog or website.

The fact is, you stated you met General Sylvester, that alone, should speak volumes as to the quality of the people involved in this organization, also the fact that Fox recognized the efforts of the organization, and the High Five Tour, is representative of the work and legitimacy of their effort and their cause, and by the way ,this is not the first time this charity has been recognized.

I have had a great working relationship with Colonel John Folsom who runs Wounded Warriors Family Support and know firsthand that he is available to discuss with anyone the merits and the efforts of his organization.

I am passionate about supporting the men and women in uniform and their families, and have championed that cause, both as president of Barrett-Jackson, as well as personally. I am very proud of these efforts, and my track record in that regard speaks for itself. As a result of that passion we have supported many military charities, in addition to Wounded Warriors Family Support, including: Wounded Warrior Project, The Armed Forces Foundation, Purple Heart Foundation, Disabled American Veterans, Ironman Foundation, and many others, and have helped raise millions of dollars to support these worthy organizations and the veterans and families they represent.

Ironically we have supported both the Wounded Warrior Project, and Wounded Warriors Family Support in our promotional materials showcasing their respective vehicles and causes, with a comprehensive story on the High Five Tour Shelby in our 2012 Scottsdale catalog showcasing the fact that it was going to sale at our 2012 Palm Beach event, so not to impact or cause confusion with the Wounded Warrior Project vehicle that was also featured in that catalog and going over the block for sale at the 2012 Scottsdale event…if you read that catalog, there is clearly no confusion on what car, and what cause was being represented.

Barrett-Jackson will continue to support a wide-range of charities and create awareness for their worthy causes, it is ultimately up to the person making the donation to determine what charity is worthy of their consideration and what causes are important to them.

But hopefully there is one thing we can all agree on, and that is…

God Bless our troops and their families for their sacrifice… God Bless America…and God Bless Americans !!

Take care Peter, and all the best to you and yours.

Sincerely,

Steve Davis

Steve Davis

President

Barrett-Jackson Auction Company, L.L.C.

7400 E. Monte Cristo

Scottsdale, AZ 85260

P. 480.421.6694

F. 480.421.6697

sdavis@barrett-Jackson.com

www.barrett-jackson.com

And here's a reply to both Steve and I from General Folsom...

=======================================================================================

Thanks, Steve...

I appreciate your speaking up for us.

For the record, we were founded first, incorporated first and received our 501 ©(3) designation from the IRS first. It’s all public record, so it can be verified. Funny how it has been characterized that we imitated another organization. Had we spent hundreds of thousand of donated dollars on marketing things may be different.

So much for facts on the internet. It’s sad that people will accept whatever they read as truth when often is not. We have been vilified by a blogger. A blogger, not a journalist. No need to fact check as facts get in the way of an opinion.

That being said, we donated $100,000 to the Gary Sinese Foundation, which were proceeds from the April Barrett-Jackson auction. We also donated $40,000 to Air Compassion For The Veterans and $25,000 to USA Cares, $2,500 to Take Flight Farms, $5,000 to Quality of Life Foundation and $10,000 to Project Sanctuary.

We have pledged another $100,000 to the Gary Sinese Foundation to help build a “smart home” for Lance Corporal Tyler Huffman, USMC (ret) who was paralyzed by a sniper’s bullet. We will donate another $100,000 to build a third “smart home” for another soldier. We will distribute all of the proceeds in direct support of military families that need our assistance. Every dime that we realized from the auction will go to program services.

We would not have an individual the caliber of Lt Gen John Sylvester, USA (ret) as a board member if our organization was not legitimate.

We will weather the tempest and do the good we can do with the resources that we are blessed with.

I consider myself a lucky man to have Steve Davis who knows me better than those who post without regard for the truth.

All the best!

John D. Folsom

Colonel, USMCR (Retired)

Wounded Warriors Family Support

920 S. 107th Avenue

Suite 250

Omaha, Nebraska 68114

402 502 7557

402 490 7875 (cell)

You can't beat that. I'm a former Marine so coming from a USMCR Colonel and an Army LtGen those letters speak pretty loud to me. I was able to visit severely wounded TBI Marines and Soldiers at the VA hospital in Washington DC, and even give to some of them personally, so any organization that supports these heroes on a large scale is fine in my book.

Getting back to the original post...Nice car! Love the American flag!!

It's unfortunate that this is going on between these two organizations. As a former marine myself, OEF and OIF, I really appreciate what these organizations are doing for our service members. I agree with mustangcollector. Any organization that supports our troops the way both of these organizations are doing it is fine in my book.

• 11 months later...

If anyone other than me is interested, The Wounded Warrior Family Support High Five Tour will be in Waldorf Maryland at Waldorf Ford this coming Monday July 15 2013 from 6-8PM Our Local Mustang Club " Southern Maryland Mustangs" will be there and God willing and if my Surgeon releases me to drive after my back surgery last week my KR and I will be there to support them / our troops in anyway I can.

the web site to look for locations they are visiting near you is www.highfivetour.com

Tim

Archived