TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012-07-07 Northern Colorado Mustang Club Car Show

twobjshelbys

The All American Car Show sponsored by the NCMCC is another one I try not to miss. It is held annually at the Loveland Outlet Malls. The groupings are by year of manufacture. Cars from all over the area, including a couple from Wyoming, were there. The GT was entered in and won best in class for 2005 and newer. Again, I got a better treat at the end of the show with details later.

This 66 GT350-H belongs to a fellow I know only from the shows. We went on a photo shoot with his GT and my Cobra a number of years ago.

DSC_3029.jpg

Here's that Boss 351 again.

DSC_3030.jpg

DSC_3031.jpg

There were two '07 Shelby GTs.

DSC_3032.jpg

DSC_3034.jpg

57 Chevy's sure are cool.

DSC_3036.jpg

Again, lots of pictures and stories about the GT :)

DSC_3037.jpg

DSC_3038.jpg

This Shelby GT had just been bought by its owner - it is "her" car - a week or two before. It was an 80 mile "garage queen". They bought it for mid-20's (with no actual number disclosed). Pristine!!!

DSC_3041.jpg

DSC_3042.jpg

DSC_3044.jpg

One of the show's sponsors is Hearts and Horses (who benefit from the fund raiser part of the show). They brought two of the cutest little miniature horses (note they are real horses, not ponies)

DSC_3046.jpg

DSC_3047.jpg

DSC_3056.jpg

DSC_3057.jpg

So here's the Special Treat portion of the show.

The Loveland Fire Department always comes with a couple of their rescue vehicles. This year they brought their 105' ladder truck

DSC_3040.jpg

They extended the ladder.

DSC_3048.jpg

Near the end of the show they came on the PA and asked for someone to go up on the ladder to take pictures. I wandered over expecting the NCMCC photographer to show up. He didn't.

So I strapped on a safety belt and a helmet and climbed the steps to the top of the ladder - all 105 extended feet, but as I reckon up about 70-75' off the ground - to shoot the "field".

Climbing to the top of a firetruck is probably any kid's dream. I grew up on a farm and in construction so heights don't bother me - but it was fun. I still don't know how they figured a civilian with no training or knowledge of my history could just go for a hike up a ladder truck, but I decided I was going to hurry them and get over 1/2 way before they changed their minds :) There was a fireman who followed me up. I'm sure here was there to catch me if I fell [NOT] :)

If you've never been up one, it was amazingly "stable" - there was no side-to-side sway (but there was no wind) and the ladder with two of us on it only sprung 3-4 inches at the very end.

This was the best show of the year. A win and a treat!!!

Anyway, the shots from the top.

DSC_3050.jpg

DSC_3051.jpg

DSC_3052.jpg

DSC_3053.jpg

DSC_3054.jpg

DSC_3055.jpg

Tony,

Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing.

PS: Did anybody get a picture of you at the top of the ladder?

Yes, Chuck (with the GT350H) said he got some. He was supposed to email me one but I haven't heard from him and can't find his email in my history. Sigh...

• 2 months later...

Archived