TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012-06-10 Loveland Good Guys Car Show

twobjshelbys

Two significant thins happened at this show. First, the forest fire west of Fort Collins had started the day before. There are some pictures of the smoke at the end. I got there early and they were using the fairgrounds area as a collection point for evacuees' livestock (horses, alpacas, etc. all over the place, trucks and trailers all over). This fire was a really band one.

Second. The Good Guys shows are limited (I think) to pre-1972 models. Muscle cars, street rods, trucks, pretty much anything. However, this year (and I think it might be the first) they had an "open class" for cars newer on Sunday. I took the GT up. Cost to register was $35 with a $5 off coupon. Admission for two would have been $18 ea for $36. So I registered the car and got a primo parking spot to boot.... The location is the fairgrounds which includes the Budweiser Center.

At this show I'm betting more reflected photons of the GT were captured on flash cards in digital cameras than any other car at the site.

The GT won the best in class for the Sunday only competition :) I forgot to take a picture of the nice plaque they give you.

DSC_2773.jpg

DSC_2776.jpg

DSC_2778.jpg

DSC_2779.jpg

DSC_2782.jpg

You couldn't beat a power wagon for a work truck!!!

DSC_2783.jpg

This Boss 351 showed up at a couple of the other shows I've been too as well.

DSC_2787.jpg

DSC_2788.jpg

DSC_2789.jpg

DSC_2790.jpg

DSC_2791.jpg

DSC_2793.jpg

These AMXs were sleepers, never got no respect.

DSC_2795.jpg

DSC_2796.jpg

The GT500KR was parked in the lot across the street used as the staging area for the autocross. We did see it run but I didn't think the driver was too experienced.

DSC_2798.jpg

DSC_2800.jpg

DSC_2801.jpg

DSC_2804.jpg

DSC_2809.jpg

DSC_2812.jpg

DSC_2813.jpg

DSC_2814.jpg

DSC_2820.jpg

I like Avantis! I think they had a look for the time.

DSC_2822.jpg

DSC_2824.jpg

GT Super Sunday Award Winner !!!

DSC_2827.jpg

DSC_2829.jpg

DSC_2831.jpg

Photos of the smoke from the Fort Collins High Park fire. The fire was maybe 5 miles north and 7-10 miles west of the car show location. The smoke was going straight east. It was lightening caused. As of June 30, 2012 the fire was 100% contained, with over 87000 acres burned and a loss of 279 homes. Until the Waldo Canyon fire near Colorado Springs a few weeks later, the High Park fire was the most destructive in the state's (recorded) history. The pictures don't show it but on the way back home where some of these were taken you could see a reg "glow" of the flames reflected from the bottom of the smoke plume.

DSC_2834.jpg

DSC_2836.jpg

DSC_2838.jpg

DSC_2840.jpg

Archived