TEAM SHELBY FORUM

One Free Clutch Anyone?

RStangsOC

Hey there,

LONG time since I have posted (no more Mustangs) :(

Anyway, I have a friend who works for Advanced Clutch Technology (ACT). They are looking for a 2007-2010 GT500 to install a new clutch they have developed for the car. My understanding is that this is a free deal. They would need the car for up to a week, They are located in Lancaster, Ca. From what I understand you can drop the car off there, or they can trailer it. You would need to speak to Chris for details/specifics. He says that including installation, this is about a $2000 freebie.

If you are interested, or know someone who is, please contact Chris at cbernal@advancedclutch.com.

Sounds like a great deal - hopefully someone from here can take advantage of it.

Take Care

Page

I will be dropping the car off at ACT tomorrow. If I get any pics throughout the process I will put them up. Once I have the car back I will let you all know what I think of the clutch. My last import that I had one in had over 300 passes at the track when I had to pull the transmission for some work and the clutch looked barely used. It was also a daily driver with almost 400 at the front wheels so it was abused. 7000rpm launches on slicks. Hope I have the same luck with this one.

Got the car back today!! ACT was a class act to work with, I got a new clutch, new oe release bearing and a full tank of gas when I got my car back. The pedal effort on this clutch is far better then the stock one and it is a lot more predictable. So far it grabs really good but I need to break it in. I will keep you all posted. So far it is great.

Yes. They provided a flywheel and a new oem throw out bearing. The one they put in my car runs $1326 and some change. It includes the clutch and flywheel. I will keep everyone posted as I use this clutch. So far it is drastically better than stock.

• 4 weeks later...

Figured I would post a reply here first. Sounds like they are looking for another GT500 - this time a 2010-11. They MAY be looking for a Mustang GT also, but I will have to find out what year. Any takers with a 2010-11 GT-500, same contact info as in the first post in this thread.

Archived