TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Six Speed Shifter

I have a 07 GT500 SuperSnake. What is involved in installing the new

six speed shifter that is being sold by Shelby Performance Parts?

They say that instructions are included but not available to view prior

to purshase. Any body have any answers to my question?

I have a 07 GT500 SuperSnake. What is involved in installing the new

six speed shifter that is being sold by Shelby Performance Parts?

They say that instructions are included but not available to view prior

to purshase. Any body have any answers to my question?

Go to mgwltd.com

They have their instructions on a you tube video and you can watch them install a MGW. Very similar install.

But FWIW, Shelby uses a MGW on all of their Super Snake conversions, NOT their own shifter!

Phill

Thanks for your reply. I looked at my invoice from shelby that listed all

item numbers and it shows that a SVT Short Throw Shifter was installed.

# M-7210-B This shifter is shown in the Ford Racing Performance Parts

catalog. Is this a MGW shifter?

No, that's the Ford Racing Performance Parts shifter that Shelby put on their KR's...And apparently, on '07 Super Snakes. Not sure about previous years (prior to '11) but Roger Sorel posted in a thread that all Super Snakes now get MGW shifters so I *assume* that if you were to send your '07 in today to get the SS upfit, you'd get a MGW shifter too (as opposed to the FRPP or SA item).

Phill

No, that's the Ford Racing Performance Parts shifter that Shelby put on their KR's...And apparently, on '07 Super Snakes. Not sure about previous years (prior to '11) but Roger Sorel posted in a thread that all Super Snakes now get MGW shifters so I *assume* that if you were to send your '07 in today to get the SS upfit, you'd get a MGW shifter too (as opposed to the FRPP or SA item).

Phill

In the earlier cars, the FRPP short throw shifter was the standard add for the Super Snake build and the Scott Drake STS was the SPP upgrade (after the fact). The earlier version of the Scott Drake unit had the blue frame and the "SHELBY/CS" billet shift arm. The current Scott Drake STS offered through SPP has a black frame and a more generic looking shift arm.

OP - Do you have the earlier blue version of the SPP shifter upgrade? or the black version that is currently offered through Shelby Perf. Parts?

R

Nice post Robert. That is the same shifter I have. It was a Super Snake upgrade option at the time. I like it.

I would love a set of those instructions. Anyway to scan to PDF and email me?

I must have the earlier version. My shifter is a billet arm with "CS/SHELBY" on the side

I'm pretty sure the Shelby shifter arm will bolt onto a FRPP shifter so don't just go by that. If you can crawl under the car, it's pretty obvious. Maybe pull the shift boot and look from the top?

Phill

I'm pretty sure the Shelby shifter arm will bolt onto a FRPP shifter so don't just go by that. If you can crawl under the car, it's pretty obvious. Maybe pull the shift boot and look from the top?

Phill

Yes Phill, that CS/Shelby billet arm will bolt directly to the FRPP shifter, I have it on mine right now, shown below..........

0062.jpg

But the OP was specifically asking about the SPP shifter that they purchased, or may purchase, for their 2007 Super Snake.

R

Nice post Robert. That is the same shifter I have. It was a Super Snake upgrade option at the time. I like it.

I would love a set of those instructions. Anyway to scan to PDF and email me?

I have not installed mine yet, but it appears to be a much nicer built shifter than the FRPP unit.

I will check with my wife and see if she can scan them at her office.

R

That's what I have, a Shelby shifter arm thats bolted onto a FRPP shifter.

Right, that's what I was saying. You don't have the "early" (blue) or "later" (black) SPP shifter like Robert asked you about, you have a FRPP shifter with the CS shift lever on it.

My point was, just because you have the CS shift lever in the car does not mean you have the CS *Shifter* in your car. AND, that Shelby doesn't even put the CS/SPP shifters in Super Snakes anymore, they put MGW shifters in so I'm not sure why you would entertain using a SPP vs. a MGW (over the existing FRPP w/CS lever).

I *do* like that lever though. Oh, and I think you may have to change the shift boot back to stock if you go with a MGW. I know on the 2010 and later ones you have to change the boot for the CS shift lever but I'm not sure on earlier models.

Phill

That's what I have, a Shelby shifter arm thats bolted onto a FRPP shifter.

I don't recall a option to upgrade to a Shelby Shifter (03-09 when my car

was in Las Vegas for the Super Snake conversion)

I have not purshased a different shifter yet.

Ok, and that was the question I was answering to your original post where you asked......................"What is involved in installing the new six speed shifter that is being sold by Shelby Performance Parts? They say that instructions are included but not available to view prior to purshase. Anybody have any answers to my question?"..................and I would guess that if you buy the current SPP black shifter the installation instructions I included above for the blue shifter, would be the same. The unique Shelby/CS handle that you currently own may also fit the black shifter that SPP currently sells?

Like Phill said, the MGW is the current Super Snake offering and there are great reviews on the MGW all over the internet.

Also, the SPP shifter upgrade was not offered as an option to be SA installed on the earlier cars, it was/is an "owner add" after the fact.

R

Also, the SPP shifter upgrade was not offered as an option to be SA installed on the earlier cars, it was/is an "owner add" after the fact.

I have the original blue SPP shifter installed by SAI during my SS conversion and it was offered as an optional upgrade,

http://www.shelbysto...s3z-7210-f6.htm

With this white Shelby shifter ball:

http://www.shelbysto...-7213-w6-75.htm

My Super Snake was complete Oct 13, 2009.

CSM 08SS0097

I really like the original blue SPP shifter. It works great for me. Zero issues.

BTW, I think RobertM has the best black SS shifter ball.

Ahhhhh, I see. But the old/blue ones aren't even available from SPP, are they???

Phill

I have the original blue SPP shifter installed by SAI during my SS conversion and it was offered as an optional upgrade,

http://www.shelbysto...s3z-7210-f6.htm

With this white Shelby shifter ball:

http://www.shelbysto...-7213-w6-75.htm

My Super Snake was complete Oct 13, 2009.

CSM 08SS0097

I really like the original blue SPP shifter. It works great for me. Zero issues.

BTW, I think RobertM has the best black SS shifter ball.

Mine was an early 2009 car. When mine went through, the only options were upper scoops or block-off plates...........polished or black KB............Eibach adj. or FRPP suspension, that was it. I do remember the shifter becoming an option, but I didn't remember when?

This is an original early Super Snake order form...............

0022-1.jpg

R

Ahhhhh, I see. But the old/blue ones aren't even available from SPP, are they???

Phill

The blue one is gone, but the black one, also made by Scott Drake is the current SPP offering, it appears to be very similar, except in black, and the unique billet handle that was included with the blue shifter has now become a generic OEM looking piece included with the black shifter AND for $124.95 additional you can "also" have a Shelby billet handle, sold seperately.

R

Hey Robert, I was looking at your post above where you took a photo of your build sheet. I know it's unrelated to this thread but you have mentioned before about the Eibach upgrade being only $100 on SuperSnakes. This was obviously the case with your model year but now it's almost a $1000 option as I think I remembered paying around $950 for the Eibach option on my '11. Just wasn't sure if you knew that the price had gone up that much.

On a side note somewhat related, I found out after ordering the "Shelby" shifter that it would not work on mine because i had the MGW shifter installed from the facility in Las Vegas at the time of my conversion and had to send it back. I believe this has the 10mm thread that will work. CSX mentioned something about needing a new shift boot adapter? Would I need this as well if ordering the new shift knob?

Hey Robert, I was looking at your post above where you took a photo of your build sheet. I know it's unrelated to this thread but you have mentioned before about the Eibach upgrade being only $100 on SuperSnakes. This was obviously the case with your model year but now it's almost a $1000 option as I think I remembered paying around $950 for the Eibach option on my '11. Just wasn't sure if you knew that the price had gone up that much.

On a side note somewhat related, I found out after ordering the "Shelby" shifter that it would not work on mine because i had the MGW shifter installed from the facility in Las Vegas at the time of my conversion and had to send it back. I believe this has the 10mm thread that will work. CSX mentioned something about needing a new shift boot adapter? Would I need this as well if ordering the new shift knob?

I'm not sure about the later shifter boots, but MGW does offer an adapter/grommet that fits the larger hole in the OEM shfter boot and the diameter shifter shaft that they sell with their MGW shifter.

No, I had no idea that the Eibach option had gone up that much. To me, when I ordered my car, it was a no brainer to add the coil-overs for only a $100 upcharge. The ride is Great in my opinion, and the option of adjustability is just that............an optional feature.

R

• 3 months later...

If you have this shifter.................

0047.jpg

0056.jpg

here are the instructions.........even in color!!

00110-1.jpg

0024-7.jpg

0036-1.jpg

R

Resurecting this thread for 2 reasons.

1) You can get this shifter at American Muscle. http://www.americanmuscle.com/shelby-6speed-0509gt500.html

and...

2) What is the difference between this shifter and the FRPP short throw originally used in the KR package?

I just installed the Shelby one from AMuscle. It's fantastic!

Resurecting this thread for 2 reasons.

1) You can get this shifter at American Muscle. http://www.americanm...-0509gt500.html

and...

2) What is the difference between this shifter and the FRPP short throw originally used in the KR package?

I just installed the Shelby one from AMuscle. It's fantastic!

The SPP shifter has the nice anodized billet alum construction..............the KR/FRPP shifter is the steel construction that in comparision is..............well........? more OEMish with a shorter throw? IDW?

R

Archived