TEAM SHELBY FORUM

strut tower brace question

svt13

I see ok ty, then definitely not buying it especially since its 400 dollars.

Four hundred dollars? From who? I thought they were like 200-ish.

Don't waste your money. From 2011 up they don't even make one. I have the 2010 version which fits the late model 2010-2013 GT500's but my hood hits it and it lifts the hood up about 1/4" on both sides so I took it off.

Mainly for looks, it might help *slightly* (on a 2010) with handling. Nothing I could feel in the seat of my pants, that's for sure.

Phill

Four hundred dollars? From who? I thought they were like 200-ish.

Don't waste your money. From 2011 up they don't even make one. I have the 2010 version which fits the late model 2010-2013 GT500's but my hood hits it and it lifts the hood up about 1/4" on both sides so I took it off.

Mainly for looks, it might help *slightly* (on a 2010) with handling. Nothing I could feel in the seat of my pants, that's for sure.

Phill

Yea I'm not getting it.

• 1 year later...

on my 2010 vert i could feel it in corners at speed.My 14 is arriving on Friday--its also a vert and was wondering if the 10 brace would fit--my sense reading this is it wont--am i right,ie the 10 brace wont fit the 14.

I put the strut and shock braces on my 14. I didnt track it or drive it hard before they were put on but anything to increase rigidity will have effects on handling. I did not have issues with it lifting my hood up but it does rub on the hood matting. No other modifications required and I paid 330 for it.

on my 2010 vert i could feel it in corners at speed.My 14 is arriving on Friday--its also a vert and was wondering if the 10 brace would fit--my sense reading this is it wont--am i right,ie the 10 brace wont fit the 14.

As far as I know, they're all the same clip and the brace interchanges from '10 to '14.

Phill

Phil. Thanks. So your comments about fitment were for theford product not jlt

Oh. Yeah. For the Ford Racing Perf. Prod. brace/s. Although since the front clip is the same, I'd think any STB would interchange??? (I say, I THINK???)

Phill

When I get my car Fri. I'll see if it fits. J guess ill hear a noise or feel resistance indicating it doesn't fit supposed to rain here Fri AK may not lick it up til Sat. I'll .post pics. Deep blue with white. Only non recaros blue left

Clip is the same.

Blower clearance can be different.

Jer

If its the blower clearance it should be obvious I hope because the bar will hit the blower I checked the current clearance with the bar and reAlize ill have to put the jlt cai back on because the stock cai hits the bar I sure don't need the HP and the improved driveablity isn't that great so if its a pita ill just sell mine

Archived