TEAM SHELBY FORUM

aftermarket mods for safe hp increase

I just got a 07 gt500, I'm days away from installing a steeda heat exchanger, 2.7" pulley... a c&l CAI and had stage 3 input a tune into an sct tuner for me. After is said and done, I'm worried about the smaller pulley hurting my engine. Are their any more aftermarkets parts to make the engine stay safe and perform? I read in a 5.0 magazine about better ignitors, I read from eaton about cooling measures for the supercharger. What else can I do? Should I just save up and get a 2.3l whipple? Any and all help is appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

Congratz on the new purchase... Consider some changes:

Don't buy the Steeda Heat Exchanger... Buy the C/R unit with fans from Van at Revan Racing

Don't know anything about a "Stage 3 Tune"..

Most use the stock look 2.59 Pulley from VMP, or their interchangeable kit

Tune from Van, or VMP

Contact Van at Revan or BJ at VMP for a kit to meet all of your needs

With the correct Tune, you won't hurt your engine..... Good luck!!!

• 4 weeks later...

already have heat exchanger on, due to arizona being hot the steeda is more practical for a colder location. youre right... i imagine, im going for the afco heat exchanger that justin from vmp suggested. im tracking the ngk colder sparks but what about a throttle body now. is frpp 65mm tb good? or should i go for say, a 67mm tb from vmp? i want to try and keep all the upgrades around the same category and not throw off anything by 1 being stronger or weaker than the others. so far everythings going great just need the frpp handling suspension and frpp 2.3l supercharger. and with my c&l CAI, i dont need to worry about upgrading a MAF do i? to say, the cj 123mm?

• 6 months later...

so i havent been able to drive my car that much since im always away and now stationed over seas. i did drive it revently in jan and that thing starts to turn a liltle right even in 2nd gear. you spend a couple thousand and i think this cars esily at 650 hp at the crank, minus the camshafts mike is making me at l&m, i hve to wait for the supercharger $ to come for a kenne bell, 2.3l what was i thinking this is a 4.6? anyways im going with 2.8lc. mike says i wont have enough tire after all this is done and ill easily be at 800rwhp. im starting to get worried due to the will to preserve or keep the engine safe. anyways, ill have a steeda heat exhanger and pulley, and a jtl air intake for sale soon if anyones intrested. no long tube headers and a steeda pulley with tune? your at 12-13 psi easily on the blower. radiator reservoir is always much hotter than the heat exchanger reservoir so im sure the steeda works just fine, i just wanted a shelby heat ex. due to buying "my kid" the best candy. my cars always harrased for the 3 days im at home driving it by sedans, trucks or corvettes trying to tease it into a race, but pop it into 3rd and lets the kooks roar through a high flow cat? the harrasers calm down after that :D

I just got a 07 gt500, I'm days away from installing a steeda heat exchanger, 2.7" pulley... a c&l CAI and had stage 3 input a tune into an sct tuner for me. After is said and done, I'm worried about the smaller pulley hurting my engine. Are their any more aftermarkets parts to make the engine stay safe and perform? I read in a 5.0 magazine about better ignitors, I read from eaton about cooling measures for the supercharger. What else can I do? Should I just save up and get a 2.3l whipple? Any and all help is appreciated

We are also always happy to help. You will find there are many valued vendors making great mods for your car, that's what owning a Shelby is all about! Email me anytime.

Jer

Archived