TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Morgan's GTS build

Morgan19d

Alright guys and gals, mine is already complete. I have been out of town on business with the Army and then out of town on vacation with the family, so this is my first chance to post up pictures of the build. LBJ has his build thread and his is a fully optioned out build, so it's not nearly as exciting, but I LOVE the way mine turned out! It is the second grabber blue ordered and the first one completed. So without my further babbling here ya go!

NewCar001.jpg

the day I brought her home

DSC03392.jpg

DSC03394.jpg

DSC03395.jpg

DSC03396.jpg

DSC03447.jpg

DSC03448.jpg

DSC03449.jpg

DSC03452.jpg

DSC03453.jpg

DSC03455.jpg

DSC03454.jpg

DSC03457.jpg

DSC03458.jpg

photobucket has frozen... I'll add more in a few.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now for the completed shots! I will be picking her up this Friday. Yep, Friday the 13th... Good thing I am not superstitious. I will post up many more pics once I pick her up.

DSC03668.jpg

DSC03664.jpg

DSC03666.jpg

DSC03665.jpg

DSC03669.jpg

What is the one picture with the shiny chrome thingie with Shelby on top.

Is that the top of the exhaust pipe tip?

I like that.

Nice thick beefy looking front sway bar too.

I wish we could see a picture of the blow holes in your deep draw hood.

Mine doesn't have a hood yet.

Not that it matters significantly, but can you detect any changes to the rear facia?

It is listed as standard on the "build one" sheet online but so far I can't tell if there is a change.

I like that.

Not that it matters significantly, but can you detect any changes to the rear facia?

It is listed as standard on the "build one" sheet online but so far I can't tell if there is a change.

Already covered the tips, lol. he change on the rear fascia is from the stock one to the GT500 fascia.

Here is the after

DSC03668.jpg

and the before

SAM_3151.jpg

It is definately more aggressive, but isnt a HUGE change. Not the best pics for it, but the best I have. I also, wish I had some more pcs of the hood. I will be picking it up on Friday and will post a bunch then. I am sure that your hood will probably be on and you'll have pics by then though.

I am still having a hard time seeing the change.

I guess it's true: There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Is the surround on the tail lights different?

I am still having a hard time seeing the change.

I guess it's true: There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Is the surround on the tail lights different?

Look at the lower valance, the black piece, that is just a little different.

Thanks, I was having a hard time seeing that.

I wonder if they can put that on a GT that came with the parking sensor thingies.

When I look closely at all the pictures of your build, there appear to be 2 or 3 other GTS models here and there.

The red GTS convertible shows up a lot.

I never see mine though. It must be tucked away in a corner somewhere.

I like that.

Nice set up Morgan19D!!! I love that grabber blue color. I couldn't convince my wife to like it as much as I. Regardless she loves the red/black scheme. My 500 is black/red. We drove to Pearl Harbor and downtown Honolulu on Saturday in both cars. We got great looks until is started raining. I was disappointed my 500 didn't get noticed as much as hers!!!

I hope you ordered the front license plate bracket from Craigs Custom brackets!! I love mine ... no drilling and goes on and off easily.

lbj, close up of hood.

post-35354-0-23151400-1341895415_thumb.jpg

post-35354-0-23151400-1341895415_thumb.jpg

Thanks Tjys! I am super stoked to pick it up and have a fun drive back home from Vegas to Idaho! I keep forgetting to order the front bracket! Maybe I will get to that tomorrow. I will just put it in the front window for now. I love the GB and black combo, but the color must be a woman thing, beacuse my wife doesnt like the GB that much either... oh well, just means she wont want to drive it as much, lol.

Thanks for the build pictures. Your car is very sharp. Awesome

I think you need to be ready to answer a question many will have. Is your car a Terlingua? Those that know the history of Terlingua, know that it is perfectly fine/ok to have bunny decals on any Shelby. Pretty long explanation. I noticed them on the before picture, but now they are on a SHELBY. Nice feeling isn't it?

Thanks for the build pictures. Your car is very sharp. Awesome

I think you need to be ready to answer a question many will have. Is your car a Terlingua? Those that know the history of Terlingua, know that it is perfectly fine/ok to have bunny decals on any Shelby. Pretty long explanation. I noticed them on the before picture, but now they are on a SHELBY. Nice feeling isn't it?

It absolutely is. I've had people asking about Terlingua ever since I put it on there and thats what I wanted! I really wanted to have a Shelby Terlingua but they quit making them before I could. So I decided to do a GTS with some TRT flavor.

Has it sneezed on you yet like PatenetMan's has.

Oh yea!! Once you wash it water collects in the openings and blows out on start up. That's not the end of it of course, after the initial "sneeze" you're OK until you get to about 45-50mph and then whatever was left inside the openings ends up on the hood and windshield. I now carry a clean micromesh rag for any driving immediately after the wash.

Maybe sometime this month I will be able to experience it for myself.

I probably won't be laughing quite as hard as I did when first read PatentMan's post.

But I will laugh just the same.

Then, I too will carry a cloth, and dry the screening out beforehand.

You mean I'm not that crazy?! Great! Sorry to hear about the sneezing though. :-)

Both Grabber Blues look exciting.

Another deep-draw hood issue to look out for...

I needed to replace a windshield washer spray nozzle, but it was impractical because everything is epoxied in place, being a carbon fiber hood. The local Ford dealer did not want to touch it. Thank goodness for the SAI warranty. A local repair shop disconnected the hoses from the hood and cleverly re-routed the hoses under the cowl and installed two new nozzles.

Nice info on the washers. I'm having trouble with the odometer since I got the car. It was off by 20% and the local Ford dealer got it down to 10%, or 1/10th of a mile with each mile gone by. You may want to check your odometers if you got the wheel/tire package. I'm not sure why this is so tough to calibrate but it's giving the local Ford dealership fits to fix.

Mine GT came with 18s so I figure there should be no change when I get it back regardless what 18 inch wheels they put on it.

I don't see how that would get mucked up.

In today's computerized car, I guess anything is possible. Gone are the days of physical switches like wipers and things where there was a direct link between the actuallswitch and the mechanical mechanisms involved.

My BMW is a classic example, turn the wiper switch on that then tells the computer to activate the wipers.

Turn the car off, then on again and while the wiper switch is still in the on position, the computer doesn't know it and the wipers are off.

lol, thanks guys! My bag is already packed and by the door and I still have to work all day tomorrow before ehading to the airport... I don't think I will sleep a whole lot between now and the Friday morning pick up. I am goint to try and get some good pics at SAI when I pick her up and also along the way back to Idaho. I have never been to Zion NP before but think a quick detour off of I-15 into the Kolob Canyon portion of ZNP would be nice. Military doesnt have to pay for access to the national parks this year so I won't lose out on the money for a like 30 minute drive in!

Archived