TEAM SHELBY FORUM

side by side of my 2012 and 2013!

Got the Call from the dealership yesterday. I am picking it up today. :D stoked. I love the bumper changes along with the color match side skirts. Deff going to make cleaning this car much easier! I already have a bunch of videos of my Mustangs on youtube screen name: albee26 I will be putting some up of the 2013IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

Both awesome cars but like the rear of the 12 much better...Alot less going on I find...and like VaporDude says so glad they went back to the wide

stripes...Congrats awesome Stang.

I felt that way too but its grown on me. I love the fact its almost a one piece. They did away with that lower plastic part. This one will be easier to clean. I dont know how I feel about what I got from the dealership on my 12 though. they gave me 47K for it

Both awesome cars but like the rear of the 12 much better...Alot less going on I find...and like VaporDude says so glad they went back to the wide

I don't know how I feel about what I got from the dealership on my 12 though. they gave me 47K for it

I came really close to buying a new 2012 GT500 Red w/white stripes with SVTPP, nav and Recaros for $50,000 in Mar 2012. I don't know what options you had, but $47,000 sounds good. Do you get a sales tax credit for your old car?

I felt that way too but its grown on me. I love the fact its almost a one piece. They did away with that lower plastic part. This one will be easier to clean. I dont know how I feel about what I got from the dealership on my 12 though. they gave me 47K for it

Not as bad in black things blend in ..it's more noticeable on lighter colors..either way a beautayyy!!

+1...

Could you do a close up of the 13' rear, is that plastic that breaks up the stripe, honestly like the 12 better in that respect

Thx

Mine was fully loaded nav recaro svtpp. I did get the sales tax break.

I came really close to buying a new 2012 GT500 Red w/white stripes with SVTPP, nav and Recaros for $50,000 in Mar 2012. I don't know what options you had, but $47,000 sounds good. Do you get a sales tax credit for your old car?

Thanks for posting the pics of the two. One of the reasons I went to the Shelby meet in Tulsa was to get a first hand visual comparison of the two years as I had been strongly considering trading my 900 mile 12 off on a new 13 which I can do for 7K difference. Obviously, the 13 or 14 with 662HP will be the one to own 20 years from now but I still like the 12 better, visually speaking. I also wanted to check out the new Boss 302 thinking maybe just keep the 12 Shelby and get a Boss instead of the 13 Shelby. It was eye opening for me as while the Boss is a great car there is no substitute for HP and I have cooled on a Boss alltogether. My plan now is to wait and see what 14 brings. Boss 429??? If not I will likely go for a 14 Shelby even though I am not crazy about the rear tailight setup. Incidently, I still like the skinny 12 SVT stripes better but I opted for stripe delete on my car.

I agree what is that silver/white center between the tail-lights on the 2013, looks horrible IMO.

Other than that I like the 2013 better except the wheels, but that is easy to fix.

Its part of the plastic wrap that was on the car. The dealership literally called me as it was being offloaded and hadn't taken all the plastic off. Yeah looks like poo, glad thats not factory.

I agree what is that silver/white center between the tail-lights on the 2013, looks horrible IMO.

Other than that I like the 2013 better except the wheels, but that is easy to fix.

Archived