TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My new '12 SS. Her name is Erika.

Thanks, she is the most enjoyable car I've ever had the pleasure of driving. Everybody enjoy these fine automobiles and most of all, be safe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is Erika wearing Michelin or Pirelli shoes?

Looks like Michelin Super Sport...

The newer Snakes are on Michelin's. Blackout's 2012 has Pirelli P-zeros on it.

I wonder when, and why Shelby changed to Mich's.?

Phill

Erika is a real stunner - congrats!

Phil - SAI was considering going to Pilot Super Sports as far back as January of this year. I'm glad to see they finally made the switch.

i have the Pilot S/S on my GT350 and they are far superior tires to the Goodyears. i presume that SAI came to a similar conclusion as to the PZeros.

Pat

One has to define what "better tire" and "quality tire" means.

Michelins are top performers when it comes to sticking to the road, but they are not always top notch when it comes to durability, comfort, noise and price.

I consider handling being the major (the only?) factor by which to choose a tire for a hi performance car but to some who do not have the use of a high speed tire, Michelins might not be their first choice.

i have the Pilot S/S on my GT350 and they are far superior tires to the Goodyears. i presume that SAI came to a similar conclusion as to the PZeros.

They've been using P-zero's all these years, on every Super Snake produced since the started producing them....and *NOW* they come to that conclusion?

I also noticed that the 2013 Boss 302 in my local showroom has P-zero's on it. I was wondering if that had some part in SA's decision (not to use a "factory" tire on a "SUPER" Snake).

Phill

Archived