TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kenne Bell vs. Super Cobra Jet Throttle Body

Does anybody out there have any experience with swapping the KB TB w/the Ford CJ one? I have replaced 2 servo motors on my KB 3.6LC and my mechanic is recommending changing TB's to the Ford unit. The KB brass gears had alot of wear and metal shavings in it when the servo was removed. My mechanic is saying the with the new servo install, the tolerences in the gears is at the outer limits of what the fly-by-wire system can take. This componet has failed on me at the track both times and cost me valuable and exspensive track time. I dont want this to happen again, but I love the way my throttle currently responds coming out of corners and am concerned about the Ford unit being not as precise as it appears to be more for drag racing vs road racing.

I welcome others opinions and/or experiences.

Thnx

BJ

• 1 month later...

In my honest opinion, I don't think the stock motor assy which drives these throttle plates is NOT beefy enough for the larger displacement applications...

I'm pretty sure the same stock part has been used in pretty much every drive by wire application from 2005 on up... 4cyl, V6, V8 trucks etc.....

Note how hot these damn things get and the duty cycles required here and I'm betting under the heavier load of a 600 HP, supercharged application,

these things are failing at a higher rate... Hopefully someone will come out with a heavier duty version at some point... I've heard lots of people complain

about having to replace these motors.

Archived