TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Bra

bluebyou

Last summer I got passed by a truck on the freeway that kicked up some rocks and damaged the stripes on the front end of my '08 SGT Vert. The body shop had a hard time getting the replacement stripes from Shelby but they eventually did. Don't want to go through that again so I'm thinking I will get a bra to protect it on long drives but apparently these things are hard to come by for SGT's.

Anyone know where to get them?

post-12659-0-54001800-1341117744_thumb.jpg

post-12659-0-54001800-1341117744_thumb.jpg

I bought mine from Colgan Custom (949) 955-0038. Part numbers are PR1474.1 for the hood and bumper kit and MC1414 for the side-view mirror covers. I paid about $220.

It's a really good kit - it fits really well and offers great protection for road trips.

Kevin

Thanks everyone for the replies. Any photos you care to share?

Thanks for the link to the older thread 07SGT. I did perform a search for, "SGT Bra" and it turned up nothing. Thanks Dig-it and Springer for the feedback on Colgan.

I really appreciate the helpful attitude of this community.

BTW, last weekend I participated in an MCA National show in Concord, CA and took a second place in the Specialty Mustangs category. The guy who took first place had a Grabber Orange Super Snake that was insured for $125,000. The MCA judges don't care how much HP or bling you have. They judge on how well you take care of your ride. I felt really fortunate to get an award.

There were quite a few GT 500's that didn't win anything. My ride ('08 Shelby GT Vert like Dig-it's) was the only SGT in the show. I've owned mine since December 2007 and I have not made any mods to it. It's totally stock the same way it arrived in 2007. There were around 200 Mustangs in the show. They said in about a month I can get a copy of my score sheet to see where I got points for and against.

I have owned the Shelby bra for my SGT for at least a few years, but it didn't come with any instructions on how to attach the main portion. So even though I tried several times I was never able to get both sides and the lower part attached.

The part that goes over the tip of the hood is easy to attach and I use it for any long road trips. It takes about 1 minute to get it on and when it's on it is tight and there is not much chance of it scratching. I always remove it once home.

If anyone ever comes across any installation instructions for the Shelby bra be sure to post them here.

And I'm not sure if those 3M clear covers will work with vinyl hood stripes. Has anyone researched that?

post-24985-0-68064500-1341305491_thumb.jpg

post-24985-0-79867600-1341305534_thumb.jpg

post-24985-0-68064500-1341305491_thumb.jpg

post-24985-0-79867600-1341305534_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

I'll see if I can find those u-nuts and screws...

Page 4 looks like it could use a whole lot more instructions (in words!) but I'll give it a try.

How did you make out does it fit?

• 1 month later...

I finally got my bra and installed it this weekend. Heading on up to Lake Tahoe and Reno on a Mustang Run next weekend so timing was great. At first the thing wouldn't fit right and I thought I received a bad one. After finally reading the instructions (duh) I left it in 90 degree sun for two hours and was able to stretch it to fit. The parts included some u-clips that I could't figure out why they were needed so I didn't use them and it attached nicely without them.

15918003_large.jpg15918004_large.jpg15918005_large.jpg

:stirpot:I love the classic white and I love the fastback. However, I would have chosen the blue convertible if I had the money. I had to settle for the white fastback. I keep telling myself I couldn't afford the new blue convertible but at least I wasn't stuck with "that other color in 2007." You know, plow horse black. :stirpot:

Archived