TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 how many to Canada for 2007 model???

OSHELBYO

15 per SVT dealership 29 SVT dealers across Canada, thats what it is for the 07's . :)

I understand that there are only 27 S.V.T dealers & each were allotted 15 Shelbys which js 405, & some have been given 2 to 3 more.For 08` the word is that each will get 15 but this could change.

I've heard many different things....how many are we getting in the great white north here. Anyone know?

Rick

Rick,At our dealership we signed for 15 cars at the beginning of the year.Towards the end of the year we got an additional 4 cars and lottery on 1 at the autoshow for a total of 20.I believe the other 2 dealers in the province got the same.The 07's are being built until mid May so I don't have the total for Canada as of yet.If I find out I'll Post the number.I'm hoping for 25 plus for 08 as my list for 09 is 30+.Scott

Ya we wont be seeing alot of them running around here. Most of them went out of town in Edmonton area from what i understand. I did see a Vista Blue/white stripes Coupe running around town the other day. They look way better on the street than in the show room. I hope to have the best view of all soon, through the windsheild. LOL.

I understand that there are only 27 S.V.T dealers & each were allotted 15 Shelbys which js 405, & some have been given 2 to 3 more.For 08` the word is that each will get 15 but this could change.

I knew there was 27 dealers in Canada when I purchased my 04 Term, which was in 04. But then Newfoundland got a SVT franchise and 1 more in Quebec, I believe....I could be wrong with the one in Quebec but Newfoundland that I know for sure. :shrug:

I knew there was 27 dealers in Canada when I purchased my 04 Term, which was in 04. But then Newfoundland got a SVT franchise and 1 more in Quebec, I believe....I could be wrong with the one in Quebec but Newfoundland that I know for sure. :shrug:

Hi,

There are two (2) SVT dealers in Quebec Chartrand Ford and Formule One ford. They both are asking alot for the Shelbys 07 and 08..

Alex

The two dealers in Quebec (Chartrand Ford in Laval and Formule Ford in Granby) have been SVT dealers for many years. I'm sure they were both in 2004 so I don't think there are any new ones in Quebec. With only 2 dealers (and around 30 cars) for a population of about 7 million, supply is low and demand is high (using the same cars vs population ratio, Canada as a whole would receive less than 150, and the US less than 1500). I remember inquiring about the car with Formule Ford in July of 2005 and even back then, they told me that they were not taking any additional deposits on the Shelby, as they already had more that 30 names on their list and 16 deposits (what they figured at the time would be their allocation).

Consequently and as Alex rightly said, they are asking big money for their cars, although I guess this is beginning to change. There was a used white one with blue stripes with around 4000km at Formule Ford this winter and the price was $80K. I just checked their website and they dropped the price of this one to $65K. Here is the link for those who might be interested.

http://www.formuleford.com/fr/usedcars/lis...0&year=2007

I picked up the car trader today and there is two coupe's for sale. One in Whitehorse ,Yukon for $105,000 and another one for sale in Moose Jaw, Sask for $90,000. OMG!!!. I don't think they will get it but Healy Ford in Edmonton had 4 shelby's in the show room. 1 vert, 3 coupes. The vert they were asking $100,000 and the coupes were between $85,000-90,000. I don't even know what to think anymore. LOL!!!. O ya, the vert and 2 coupes are sold for the price they are asking, that was last week.

Funky10, what do you figure the GT500 driving season would be in Whitehorse......maybe 8-10 weeks, plus the odd day here and there? You have to be crazy to pay $105,000 for a Shelby that far north. Also, I called Healy about a 500 Coupe they had in the showroom back in early January....$85,000 plus taxes. No thanks. There's one dealer selling for MSRP in Vancouver and even if they make these cars right thru 2009, I don't think everybody on their list will get one.

JR

Funky10, what do you figure the GT500 driving season would be in Whitehorse......maybe 8-10 weeks, plus the odd day here and there? You have to be crazy to pay $105,000 for a Shelby that far north. Also, I called Healy about a 500 Coupe they had in the showroom back in early January....$85,000 plus taxes. No thanks. There's one dealer selling for MSRP in Vancouver and even if they make these cars right thru 2009, I don't think everybody on their list will get one.

JR

Hey JR, i think the driving season is shorter than that!!! LOL!!!. But they do have longer days in the summer time, LMAO!!. I heard about the dealer in Vancouver selling at MSRP, that is awsome. I put my name in again at Freedom Ford (that is where mine is coming from in Edmonton) for an 08. That was 5 days ago and i am #111 on the list. How is that for funny chit!!. Ya if you want one bad, it is going to cost ya.

Hey JR, i think the driving season is shorter than that!!! LOL!!!. But they do have longer days in the summer time, LMAO!!. I heard about the dealer in Vancouver selling at MSRP, that is awsome. I put my name in again at Freedom Ford (that is where mine is coming from in Edmonton) for an 08. That was 5 days ago and i am #111 on the list. How is that for funny chit!!. Ya if you want one bad, it is going to cost ya.

I want one bad and it's costing me!! The lists are so long at the MSRP dealer in Vancouver, that even getting a 2009 is unlikely, but good on them for maintaining their integrity. I got in on the 4 car additional allocation at a non MSRP dealer. Order went in Feb 20/07. The car is built and the ETA in Vancouver is May 11, however the CN rail strike is causing problems, so could be late May. Price? Way too much, but seems like a real bargain compared to Whitehorse and Healy. GT500 prices seem to be escalating in Canada.

JR

O well a person can be spending his money on worse things that is for sure. There is no shame on buying something that is going to make you happy even if it is over msrp. Look at the prices of vehicles now a day. My truck almost costs as much and depreciating by the second but i need it for work. Atleast you live in southern British Columbia where you can enjoy it pretty much all yr around. What did you order JR?

O well a person can be spending his money on worse things that is for sure. There is no shame on buying something that is going to make you happy even if it is over msrp. Look at the prices of vehicles now a day. My truck almost costs as much and depreciating by the second but i need it for work. Atleast you live in southern British Columbia where you can enjoy it pretty much all yr around. What did you order JR?

Ebony Coupe w/Tungsten stripes and red interior accent. Still not sure about the red inside, but not too many of them up here, so it will be quite unique. I also didn't go for the Shaker 1000, preferring to listen to the car, not an $1900 optional sound system. I also think Ford really missed the boat on the stance of these cars. The rear end sticking up looks ridiculous and the explanation that it's because they squat down severly under hard acceleration is pretty lame, too. I plan to drop the front about an inch and the back 1.5. The dealer says Eibach is coming out with lowering springs specifically for the GT500, so I'll wait for those. At some point I'll probably install a CAI/tune package, too.

Just before dark last night I was driving back from the Okanagan Valley and heading east was a pickup hauling a new GT500 convert on a flat deck trailer. Car was black with white door stripes. Looked brand new, so he must have just picked it up in Vancouver and was taking 'er home. Lucky stiff!

JR

Hey KM i use to live in S'toon. I was actually born in Lanigan. Pretty small world. Good luck i hope it is yours since mine is a white vert. LOL!!!! And i dont think they are going to repaint it at the dealer.

Archived