TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 Stock Supercharger

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard of guys getting this through Tousley Ford for about $2100.

+1.....unless Ford has now raised the price. Tousley can set you up for about 2k....All you need is S/C and elbow. The gasket is now included w/elbow, so no need to order one seperately.

If you're talking about the intercooler I don't think they changed that. The heat exchanger is behind the grill.

I can't be certain, but I believe they did change the intercooler also(under the TVS). Believe it is bigger than all previous models.

I've read that the new design high flow elbow is backordered from Ford right now. Also I believe their are only subtle changes to the intercooler, but it is supposed to be more efficient.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're talking about the intercooler I don't think they changed that. The heat exchanger is behind the grill.

Yes, the 2013 intercooler will fit on the earlier GT500s. The outer dimensions are exactly the same. However, the fin design is different. The 2013 intercooler has 8 fins per inch, whereas the older intercoolers have 12 fins per inch. This results in a more open (and efficient) design.

Archived