TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Chevy guy needs your opinion on buying buying Shelby GT 500 supersnake

mrbass

I need some education and opinion on buying a 2007 Shelby Gt 500 Super Snake 850 H.P.converstion . The car (built last year with 75 miles on it ) it now has 3000 easy miles and the owner is a relative of mine. I have colected 1969 z28's for years and was looking to add another classic collectable to my garage. Because of the economy I have been offered this car for arround $50k . I know that is a great deal but how collectable will thee car be in the future and will it be a depreciating asset I have plenty of those and really don't want anymore . Your opinion and input would be greatly appeciated .

I need some education and opinion on buying a 2007 Shelby Gt 500 Super Snake 850 H.P.converstion . The car (built last year with 75 miles on it ) it now has 3000 easy miles and the owner is a relative of mine. I have colected 1969 z28's for years and was looking to add another classic collectable to my garage. Because of the economy I have been offered this car for arround $50k . I know that is a great deal but how collectable will thee car be in the future and will it be a depreciating asset I have plenty of those and really don't want anymore . Your opinion and input would be greatly appeciated .

If I could answer that question I would have millions in my pocket from winning the lottery over and over. My opinion is if you want a car to drive and have fun with buy it. If you're looking for something to sell years from now for a profit it's a gamble. I know I'll be dead long before my Shelby will be worth much more than I paid.... maybe my kids will get rich off it :shrug:

You never know what any car will be worth in the future, I can remember when the collector car market fell off and then it picked up again, buy the car for now and enjoy it, who knows what the future holds. I had a 1965 GTO, a 1967 GT500, a 1956 T-Bird and a 1968 Dodge GTS and had a great time with them all. Today if I had them they would all sell for a lot more than I paid for them but I did not buy them to collect but to enjoy. So have a good time with the car thats what counts in life. As far as the price of that GT500 super snake it seems fair to me.

Welcome to the site. As I've stated on here before, I love the 67-69 Camaros.....other years too.

1. Make sure this is a real GT500 SuperSnake by checking with our registrar.

2. What color is this and what are the options?

3. I think that the GT500 SuperSnake will be a very collectible model in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, it sounds too cheap. If this is a legit deal, then I personally think you could buy it , enjoy driving it, and sell it for the same money or more.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to thank you guys for your opinions I bought the car and it is unreal ! I have never had a Ford before but driving this car puts a smile on my face thats hard to wipe off .

Thanks again

Welcome to the light! Glad you're enjoying it.

Finding a photo to download is harder then buying the car I will try to get some better one this evening .

mrbass,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your new Super Snake! Here's a link that will help you to post-up some pics. Good luck.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/9559-how-to-host-your-photos-with-photobucket/

Stay tuned here for TS activities and events in your region: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/263-southern-plains/

Archived