TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Backfire sound coming from underneath 2010 Mustang Shelby gt500 backfire?

fastloader

I have a 2010 Mustang Shelby GT500 with approx 4100 km on it. I have Magnaflow Exhaust with 2.9 Whipple Supercharger, Tuned with small pulley. It puts out 650 HP and was running very well.

I hit the rev limiter one day and heard a loud back fire and a cloud of black smoke and the car idled very rough and I limped home. I ended up cracking 2 spark plugs, 1 and 5 were replaced and the car ran fine.

I normally drive the car easy because it is new but the rev limiter happened so fast it was purely accidental.

Now I have developed a new problem. I have an error code of P0104 MAF air sensor erratic or intermittent problem crk A.

i now have a backfire on the downshift only underneath the car, the last few I thought I could feel them on my ass.

The wrench light comes on once in awhile but I pull over and restart and it seems fine. I got everything professionally installed and tuned on a dyno with an sct tuner.

It seems the faster I go, and downshift the louder the backfire, say from 4th to 3rd or 3rd to 2nd...... gearing down from a good acceleration.

I am hearing a little ticking from my driver's side now but I am not sure if it is my mind playing tricks on me. I look under the car and the X-pipe seems like the welds are turning black, not sure if it was like that before or not.

Dasilva Racing blamed it on bad gas and retuned it and there is no difference.... any clues?

I figure and exhaust leak from the headers, or a bad tune?

Not sure, but hoping I am not hurting the car driving it.... once again it backfires only on the downshift.

Please help as this is the first full summer with my car and it is killing me that it is not running properly.

Sincerely,

FL

My 08 backfires all the time when d/s ....KR muffers 93 Tune..Lound rumble and crackle.. Sounds awesome..

actually with Blower Whine and Exhaust this Shelby sounds MEAN..Runs good too. Is there a Problem with the Backfire rumble and crackle????

Archived