TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PJ Saleen in 5.0 Mustang

MustangFanatic

Since it seems that the Boss Mustang is likely dead or at the very least on life support, it is great to see the PJ Saleen get the front cover of 5.0L Mustang and MM&FF. What a sweet ride, too bad I can't afford one.... :( For those of you fortunate enough to own one, enjoy your PJ's since it seems Ford can't figure out how to build such a beast.

Steve, long time no see!! ;-)

Ok, then, to cheer you up ....some vintage pics I took back in 1970 of George Follmer and PJ kicking butt at Watkins Glenn ...in the real deal ;)

...GF in #15, PJ in #16...

post-4902-1176871565_thumb.jpg post-4902-1176871580_thumb.jpg post-4902-1176871588_thumb.jpg post-4902-1176871607_thumb.jpg post-4902-1176871615_thumb.jpg

<edit:> The quality of the pix aren't great because I shot them from my old slides held up to a lamp with my camera, then color-corrected them in photoshop as best I could.

Dan

post-4902-1176871565_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1176871580_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1176871588_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1176871607_thumb.jpg

post-4902-1176871615_thumb.jpg

Since it seems that the Boss Mustang is likely dead or at the very least on life support, it is great to see the PJ Saleen get the front cover of 5.0L Mustang and MM&FF. What a sweet ride, too bad I can't afford one.... :( For those of you fortunate enough to own one, enjoy your PJ's since it seems Ford can't figure out how to build such a beast.

All the more reason I take mine out as often as possible and tear it up!!!

PJ#111 :doh:

All the more reason I take mine out as often as possible and tear it up!!!

PJ#111 :doh:

Stew, were you aware that there's another SU member with a PJ? #57, but can't remember his name right now ...if I recall it I'll post.

Dan

<edit:> if you click on search and then 'more options' and type saleen in the member name field, about 6-8 other saleen ids come up.... tho I've never seen any of them post. #57's ID didn't have 'saleen' in it tho.

Stew, were you aware that there's another SU member with a PJ? #57, but can't remember his name right now ...if I recall it I'll post.

Dan

<edit:> if you click on search and then 'more options' and type saleen in the member name field, about 6-8 other saleen ids come up.... tho I've never seen any of them post. #57's ID didn't have 'saleen' in it tho.

Dan, there are several of us PJ lurkers on this board. As a matter of fact, PJ #112 is on here somewhere, it came in at the same time at the same dealer in WA. I think Chuckdoc might be PJ #57.

PJ#111

Dan, there are several of us PJ lurkers on this board. As a matter of fact, PJ #112 is on here somewhere, it came in at the same time at the same dealer in WA. I think Chuckdoc might be PJ #57.

PJ#111

Yes, yes... Chuckdoc is #57 -- how cool is this site anyway!! ;)

Yes, yes... Chuckdoc is #57 -- how cool is this site anyway!! ;)

:banana piano:

Yes, I'm here! I also post on grabberorange.net ( a few PJs there) and mustang forums in the saleen / roush talk section.

Hard to keep up with all the boards. I was out at the Oklahoma Centennial Mustang National Show this weekend, (I had the only Saleen PJ entered out of over 500 stangs!!)

It was great, will post up pics soon.

Chuck

:banana piano:

Yes, I'm here! I also post on grabberorange.net ( a few PJs there) and mustang forums in the saleen / roush talk section.

Hard to keep up with all the boards. I was out at the Oklahoma Centennial Mustang National Show this weekend, (I had the only Saleen PJ entered out of over 500 stangs!!)

It was great, will post up pics soon.

Chuck

Sounds awesome Chuck! Hey, I was wondering if you know the guy that makes the magnetic # decals for our PJ's?

I think he is on the east coast but I'm not sure. If you or anyone else have any info, feel free to pass it on to my email.(stewdee@juno.com).

Regards,

stewdee-PJ 111

post-3754-1177345568_thumb.jpg

post-3754-1177345568_thumb.jpg

Stew, I just searched all over the net -- nada ...if I find anything I'll let you know.

-----

Hi Chuck! Yeah... pics would be great ;)

Dan

OK - I know Will at CarFX in Tulsa, OK - you can google the shop. They made exact vinyl replicas (perm), but their decal guy can do the same in magnetic if you want.

And as for the pics of the MCA national? Ask and you shall recieve...

saleen2120.jpg

saleen2001.jpg

saleen2025.jpg

saleen2095.jpg

saleen2091.jpg

saleen2032.jpg

saleen2014.jpg

saleen2006.jpg

:happy feet: :banana piano: :headspin::redcard::banghead::ohsnap:

Archived