TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire shine/black

ThomasL

I like. 303 Aerospace, great for all rubber, vinyl, and plastics. It gives a matte finish with one coat, satin with two. Think of it more of a preservative/protectant.

I like. 303 Aerospace, great for all rubber, vinyl, and plastics. It gives a matte finish with one coat, satin with two. Think of it more of a preservative/protectant.

a big +1

I've had good luck with Griot's Garage All Weather Tire Protectant. I like it because there is no silicone in it, it doesn't rub off on the car or the tire and stays on through several washings. It can be gloss if you want, but I much prefer a thin coat which is matte.

I agree with SGT0128. Don't care for shiny tires. I use Liquid Glass Connoisseur's Choice. Lasts much longer than any other protectant on the planet. See product at this link: http://shopmpt.us/liquidglass/lgcc.html .

I didn't know they made a tire dressing. I might try this. I posted up in another thread how much I also love liquid glass.

• I didn't know they made a tire dressing. I might try this. I posted up in another thread how much I also love liquid glass.

The Liquid Glass Protectant is hard to find. No store that I know of carries it. You have to order on line. It is for tires, black plastic, leather, etc. I have tried every other protectant available. None of them last as long as the Liquid Glass product. Put is on the plastic parts on the front of the car every 3 months and bugs will not stick. I have an 11 year old Dodge Ram. The black plastic parts and interior plastic looks like new. The guys at the Dodge dealer where I get it serviced can't believe the way the truck looks. (Click on attached photo showing Liquid Glass Finish on paint and some of the black plastic on the tail lights). It will do the same for your Shelby.

post-36842-0-88492000-1340839968_thumb.jpg

post-36842-0-88492000-1340839968_thumb.jpg

The Liquid Glass Protectant is hard to find. No store that I know of carries it. You have to order on line. It is for tires, black plastic, leather, etc. I have tried every other protectant available. None of them last as long as the Liquid Glass product. Put is on the plastic parts on the front of the car every 3 months and bugs will not stick. I have an 11 year old Dodge Ram. The black plastic parts and interior plastic looks like new. The guys at the Dodge dealer where I get it serviced can't believe the way the truck looks. (Click on attached photo showing Liquid Glass Finish on paint and some of the black plastic on the tail lights). It will do the same for your Shelby.

Very nice! :rockon:

Hey ingot. Can you give me the exai

ct name if that product. I googled it and didnt find the 2 products

Torched10: Not a problem. Here are the manufacturers links for the protectant, polish, and precleaner. Your may be able to find some for less money at other than these links. You will NOT be sorry you went to Liquid Glass. I will be putting the 8th coat on my 2012 tomiorrow. It possitively glows! I use the protectant on the tires and all the plastic inside and out every time I apply the polish.

Protectant: http://shopmpt.us/liquidglass/lgcc.html

Polish: http://shopmpt.us/liquidglass/lgpolish.html

Pre-Cleaner: http://shopmpt.us/liquidglass/lgpclnr.html

Tuf Shine - its a permanent tire shine product thats applied in steps. once you've applied the product all you have to do is wipe down the tires with some soap and water and it brings back the shine.

its not a greasy, wet-looking shine but rather a matte shine

tufshine.com

Ingot--thanks BTW have you ever tried PIG SPIT also hard to find, i got mine off Aamazon.com--its great on all the hoses etc, and looks pretty good on tires--My 65 GTO has lots of wires and hoses and the engine bay looks great.Theres less room in the GT500, but still looks good

Ingot--thanks BTW have you ever tried PIG SPIT also hard to find, i got mine off Aamazon.com--its great on all the hoses etc, and looks pretty good on tires--My 65 GTO has lots of wires and hoses and the engine bay looks great.Theres less room in the GT500, but still looks good

Torched10: Never heard of Pig Spit (But I have been wild pig hunting on the big Island of Hawaii. Does that count?) I use Liquid Glass Protectant to detail wires and hoses. I also use S-100 Corrosion Protectant on all under hood metal parts that could corrode or rust. Been using it on my HD Motorcyles for years. Not one spot of corrosion on any of them. You can get it at any HD Dealer.

Ingot Ok ordered them all--im planning on using it on my 2008STSV first since it needs some detailing bad--then ill use it on the GT500

You will be very happy you did. Don't pass up on the S-100. It is the best corrosion protectant out there. It sprays on clear. Just wipe off the excess and you will have no corrosion. I used it on my inboard boat engines for years in a salt water environment. People in my marina could not believe how good the engines looked.

Ingot--thanks BTW have you ever tried PIG SPIT also hard to find,

Just about every Harley-Davidson dealer I know of carries Pig Spit and Pig Snot.

It's used a lot by H-D riders for the wrinkle black paint on the engine/trans cases.

Phill

Adam's Polishes - VRT

I have a gallon of SuperVRT. I don't like it at all. It's durability is poor. It claims to be waterproof, but after a rain it streaks. And with in a wash or two it needs to be reapplied.

I've converted to Croftsgate USA Tire Shine. Much better durability and it doesn't leave streaks when it rains.

Tuf Shine - its a permanent tire shine product thats applied in steps. once you've applied the product all you have to do is wipe down the tires with some soap and water and it brings back the shine.

its not a greasy, wet-looking shine but rather a matte shine

tufshine.com

I wonder how that would work on my motorhome?? I use tire covers when it's in storage, but the problem is, I have to completely wash down the tires (using degreaser to take off excess tire shine) before I put my tire covers on...otherwise the covers get all dirty with black marks inside. Will this stuff leave marks on anything it touches? I usually just keep tire protectant on the RV when I'm using it.

That S-100 stuff sounds good too.

well i just applied the Liquid Galss to my Caddy STS V--my test car--- it went on super easy,let dry to haze, then takeit off easily--Really like how it kind of hides all the micro scratches that car has from peviuos owner--now, when it gets below 90 again, ill do the shelby

I wonder how that would work on my motorhome?? I use tire covers when it's in storage, but the problem is, I have to completely wash down the tires (using degreaser to take off excess tire shine) before I put my tire covers on...otherwise the covers get all dirty with black marks inside. Will this stuff leave marks on anything it touches? I usually just keep tire protectant on the RV when I'm using it.

That S-100 stuff sounds good too.

Jon: The S-100 stuff works very well for any type of metal that will corrode. I use in on all my vehicles under the hood, and under the car. It goes on light and clear and the excess wipes off easily. Just don't spray it on your belts, brakes or tires. Here is the link: http://www.s100.com/s100_cp.htm

Archived