TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 Shifter Balls

Staff

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably an oddball request...but red stripe on dark blue?

Depends. Here's why:

I'm trying to set up a "custom order" program, where customers can pick the logo, ball color, stripe color, etc... if I CAN'T, it's going to be WAY too much inventory complexity to manage effectively. So ALL the requests people have been submitting fall into this "maybe".

Jer

Depends. Here's why:

I'm trying to set up a "custom order" program, where customers can pick the logo, ball color, stripe color, etc... if I CAN'T, it's going to be WAY too much inventory complexity to manage effectively. So ALL the requests people have been submitting fall into this "maybe".

Jer

Thanks Jer. Kinda figured that. Hopefully the custom program pans out.

please get a white with red stripe ball. i would love to have one. and also some red wings for the fender. i would pay extra if the wings could be painted red.

I was looking for the same color shifter myself and the wings ? Bangastang has the white with red shift knob but no logo .

I was looking for the same color shifter myself and the wings ? Bangastang has the white with red shift knob but no logo .

yeah i got one with just cobra but i really like the look of the shelby gt500 name on with it. hoping they will make this color.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my shifter ball tonight and I am convinced they didn't send me the right parts. I got my stock shift knob off and took a look at the 3 adapters that come w/ the knob. 2 were way too big (just slipped on) and the third brass adapter will only thread 1 turn on to the shifter stick. Same with one of the nuts. 2 of them are too large and one won't even thread 1 turn.

I guess I should be thankful that one of the items actually worked correctly. I got the retainer adapter black (2010+ since i have the 2012), it threads on like a charm.

For the brass adapter for a 2012 GT500, can you pick this up at a hardware store? If so, what is the size. I'm talking about the copper sleeve with threads on the inside to go onto the shifter handle and threads on the outside to go into the GT500 shifter ball.

Crowley

I got my shifter ball tonight and I am convinced they didn't send me the right parts. I got my stock shift knob off and took a look at the 3 adapters that come w/ the knob. 2 were way too big (just slipped on) and the third brass adapter will only thread 1 turn on to the shifter stick. Same with one of the nuts. 2 of them are too large and one won't even thread 1 turn.

I guess I should be thankful that one of the items actually worked correctly. I got the retainer adapter black (2010+ since i have the 2012), it threads on like a charm.

For the brass adapter for a 2012 GT500, can you pick this up at a hardware store? If so, what is the size. I'm talking about the copper sleeve with threads on the inside to go onto the shifter handle and threads on the outside to go into the GT500 shifter ball.

Crowley

M12 x 1.25 fine pitch thread (Mine is a 2007)

M12 x 1.25 fine pitch thread (Mine is a 2007)

Thanks mine is a 2012 and it says the adapter for that is an M10 x 1.25 .. not sure of the thread type though. I'll have to call and see if I can get Shelby to send me another brass adapter for a 2012 to see if that works.

thanks,

Crowley

Thanks mine is a 2012 and it says the adapter for that is an M10 x 1.25 .. not sure of the thread type though. I'll have to call and see if I can get Shelby to send me another brass adapter for a 2012 to see if that works.

thanks,

Crowley

2010 and up all have 10mm x 1.25 TP.

'09 and earlier have the 12mm. Aftermarket are one pitch (fine or course, I don't remember which) and OEM have the other (fine/course).

Phill

2010 and up all have 10mm x 1.25 TP.

'09 and earlier have the 12mm. Aftermarket are one pitch (fine or course, I don't remember which) and OEM have the other (fine/course).

Phill

Yep .. unfortunately I think shelby got the wrong thread type in the ones they sent me ..

Crowley

thanks,

Crowley

Just checked you are correct

2010-2013 GT500 uses 10 MM x 1.25 thread handle.

For the brass adapter for a 2012 GT500, can you pick this up at a hardware store?

I saw a Hurst pistol grip shifter handle at Pep-Boys that included all of the different adapters with it. I'm not sure if they sell just the adapters or not but if push came to shove, you could buy a CHEAP Hurst knob just for the variety of adapters they come with.

Hmm. Maybe check Hurst on-line. I know they have the same pistol grip handle Pep-Boys had so maybe you could find the bad of adapters?

Phill

Try taking it to your local O'Reilys, Auto zone or Pep Boys they have shifter knobs and adapter kits, and should let you open one to see if there adapter fits.

Hell I have a kit If I have the right adopter I'll send it to you. you can buy me a pepsi or beer some day.

Just checked you are correct

2010-2013 GT500 uses 10 MM x 1.25 thread handle.

So I think the brass adapter and one of the nuts that came with the kit are 10 MM x 1.5 instead of the 10 MM x 1.25. I went to lowes just to see what they had and found 10mm x 1.5 nuts and it screws on just as far as the nut supplied w/ the kit and binds just like it ..

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to hit up autozone etc to see what I can find.

thanks,

Crowley

Good deal, When you are there get a small tube of the light weight (purple color) lock-tite to use on the adopter. Some use blue and that is fine it just means you will need to use a punch to remove the adopter if you ever need to replace you adapter. After you insert the adapter into the knob wait and give the lock-tite time to dry and cure so it does not spin loose on you.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hoping Jer might be able to comment on this problem. Just went to install my shift ball today and found out the threads in the three adapters I received do not work on my shifter. After taking some measurements my shift handle is 3/8 16 thread and all of the adapters are metric. I have the short throw shifter and handle like in the KR cars. I looked on the Shelby Store website to see if there is a different adapter and the only one I could find was a Hurst shifter adapter kit, but it doesn't tell you what the inside thread size is????? Might be nice to have that in the description of the product on the website. Jer, do you guys have a 3/8-16 adapter that will fit the new shift balls, or do I now own a new, but very attractive paper weight?

Thanks in advance.

I'm hoping Jer might be able to comment on this problem. Just went to install my shift ball today and found out the threads in the three adapters I received do not work on my shifter. After taking some measurements my shift handle is 3/8 16 thread and all of the adapters are metric. I have the short throw shifter and handle like in the KR cars. I looked on the Shelby Store website to see if there is a different adapter and the only one I could find was a Hurst shifter adapter kit, but it doesn't tell you what the inside thread size is????? Might be nice to have that in the description of the product on the website. Jer, do you guys have a 3/8-16 adapter that will fit the new shift balls, or do I now own a new, but very attractive paper weight?

Thanks in advance.

What brand shifter do you have, specifically?

I'll do my homework Monday.

BTW, no, you don't have a paperweight. We'll get it worked out, sorry for the issues.

Jer

What brand shifter do you have, specifically?

I'll do my homework Monday.

BTW, no, you don't have a paperweight. We'll get it worked out, sorry for the issues.

Jer

Thanks Jer,

The shifter and handle are from Ford Racing. It's their short throw shifter and the stainless handle also from Ford Racing. It should be the same shifter and handle that was used in the GT500KR program. Threds on the handle are 3/8x16. The car this is for is a 2007 GT500. It actually would make a fine paperweight, and I might order one for just that purpose for my desk. I will call it ART.

I have the same problem. Spoke to Jonathan a couple of weeks ago about it. He is supposed to be sending out the correct adapter. See this thread: http://www.teamshelb...ge__hl__shifter

Scott

"A couple of WEEKS ago"? Let me get with Jonathan on this.

Jer

I received the correct adapter kit from Shelby Performance parts yesterday, and now everything fits correctly. If you order anything other than a KR shifter ball for a KR shifter, you will need to get the KR adapter. It does not come with any of the other shifter balls. Much thanks Shelby and Jer for taking care of my problem so quickly. Great service on this one.

I received the correct adapter kit from Shelby Performance parts yesterday, and now everything fits correctly. If you order anything other than a KR shifter ball for a KR shifter, you will need to get the KR adapter. It does not come with any of the other shifter balls. Much thanks Shelby and Jer for taking care of my problem so quickly. Great service on this one.

Anyone whose shifter ball does not fit: Call Jonathan Eck at 702-405-3500 or email JonathanE@ShelbyAmerican.com

Jer

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jer,

Can you help me out with this? Jonathan sent me new bushings, but they were the same ones I already had and none of them fit the shifter handle. As I see it, the shifter is 3/8 -16 and I need a bushing that will adapt that to fit the GT500 shift knob I purchased this past summer. I have the FRPP shifter handle (M-7213-K).

Thank you,

Scott

Hi Jer,

Can you help me out with this? Jonathan sent me new bushings, but they were the same ones I already had and none of them fit the shifter handle. As I see it, the shifter is 3/8 -16 and I need a bushing that will adapt that to fit the GT500 shift knob I purchased this past summer. I have the FRPP shifter handle (M-7213-K).

Thank you,

Scott

Back in the office Wednesday, I'll get more info for you.

Jer

Archived