TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 Shifter Balls

Staff

Robert,

Suggestion for the black ball.

If you can make the logo and wording silver, and leave the strip and numbers the same, the logo and wording may stand out better and repersention actual look of the black SS. just a thought.

JimC

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my shifter ball in the mail today. I'm i missing something here or what...how is shifter boot retained without an after-market part on my 2007 gt500. It sure would have been nice to have a note in the shelby performance parts discription that another part is needed to complete the install...love my ball,sagging boot not so nice

I got my shifter ball in the mail today. I'm i missing something here or what...how is shifter boot retained without an after-market part on my 2007 gt500. It sure would have been nice to have a note in the shelby performance parts discription that another part is needed to complete the install...love my ball,sagging boot not so nice

I thought I saw a link on this thread for a boot adapter for the 07 GT500 style shifter knob (with the big silver ring on bottom of the knob where boot attaches) but for the life of me I can't find it again :mellow: It even had a few pictures that showed what original shifter you had and which adapter to order... Of all the things i miss.. I miss my mind the most :yup:

sickspeed.com for spacer 22.95 black or silver

Thanks :) I was bored at work and found their site. Good thing I ordered today because they are going to be closed until next Wednesday. Since I ordered today it will ship out today as well.

What bcinu said, sickspeed.com. I know sickspeed will be closed from 7/21 -7/25 so you may have to wait till Thursday 7/26 to order :unsure:

My GT 500 shifter ball came today and I am not happy. It's partially my own fault though. I SHOULD have read the other posts about the boot retainer and ordered one but I didn't. :o Now I have to wait and I won't have it in time for the show on the 28th.

Not too happy with SPP as I think they should include SOME instructions, INCLUDE a boot retainer or at least make it available AND, the three adapters need to be marked as to what size they are. :(

Other than the above issues, the shifter ball itself is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to get it in the car. :happy feet:

Ordered a Grabber Blue knob with white stripes so that it is the opposite of my Performance White with Grabber Blue stripes. I think it will match the seats perfectly.

After reading all of these posts though, I am trying to gain clarity as to what is needed to make this a clean install on a 2012. I looked at AM, Sickspeed, CJ's, and everything on eBay, all of the boot retainers on these sites have disclaimers that they are not for 2010-2012 GT500's. I haven't received mine yet, but I wonder if anyone that has already installed this has taken photos of what you did to either remove the aluminum sleeve from the stock knob and re-use it, or if you used another boot retainer and who it came from. I am considering ordering a shift knob that I don't want just to get the boot retainer it comes with since it seems that these do not have one. Thanks for any info and sorry if I am being repetitive. I see the finished pics and they look great.

Can someone please explain to me if this ball can be installed and use the same factory hardware. So basically my goal is to have my shifter look the EXACT same but with a black ball instead of white. Is this possible with this piece? If it is, please explain what I need and how to do it.

Do not disturb your original shifter ball, buy a 10mm x 1.25 adapter/jam nut and install the new ball. I'm still waiting for my adapter/jam nut to arrive, CJ Motorsports on ebay has nice ones but you are looking at 2 weeks for arrival.

These are not made by SpeedDawg, however, we did reach out to him (and met him) to make these for us, however, he never followed through. They may be able to make custom ones, but they cannot use Shelby markings.

We will be offering black/white, black/red, grabber blue/black - GT500KRs and others too.

Waiting for either a red/black or black/red. Do you have an ETA?

• 2 weeks later...

Come on someone answer these requests please.

Like this one below except for Grabber Blue with Black shift pattern with 10MM x 1.25 THREADS

S7M-7213-C-8.jpg

DITTO! Grabber Blue w/Black Stripes for 2013 Shelby GT500.

HAVE MONEY WILL ORDER RIGHT NOW!

Bueler? Bueler? Bueler?

can someone from shelby america please help? i need a white with red stripe shift ball with the logos on it. i already have a plain white w/red stripe knob. i really would love the shift knob you guys are offering in my color. i have 2 other guys in my mustang club that would like one also. so can someone let me know if this will ever be avaible. thanks.

can someone from shelby america please help? i need a white with red stripe shift ball with the logos on it. i already have a plain white w/red stripe knob. i really would love the shift knob you guys are offering in my color. i have 2 other guys in my mustang club that would like one also. so can someone let me know if this will ever be avaible. thanks.

Let me check that out for you...

Jer

Archived