TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 Shifter Balls

Staff

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robert,

Will these screw onto the MGW shifters? I just installed mine last month and it has the course thread shaft for their ball.

Thanks

The product description says they come with 3 different thread adaptors so they must.

There's only 3 that MGW makes (10mm and 2-12mm's).

Phill

Well I received my shifter Knob yesterday. Good and bad.

Robert nice design I ordered the back shifter knob, I was leary about it, as the photos makes it look very faint as if it would be very difficult to see the design in the best of light during the day. That was not the case, it is however like looking at a pearl design over- laid on top of the paint on your car and it may be some what hard to see at night, but it is nicely done the flakes make it pop.

But at last we come to the bad. I called parts first think this morning to get my RMA # . Robert, please have them pack the knob better. The adoptors and lock nut kit was packaged in the same box with the shifter knob, it appears they came into contact with each other and the knob came out on the losing end, it has a few knick in it. Sadly they were in highly visible locations and even I could see them without glasses on. So now I will send it back and wait for a replacement.

Over all: Nice design that captures the sprit or essences of the car. Requires better packing, remove the hardware from the box the knob is in, or make sure they can not come into contact with each other at all.

PS. The The ghost effect of the flake is a perfect match to my car. It is as if you have seen my repainted car and copied it.

Can’t wait to get the replacement.

Thanks

Jim

Nice feedback Jim. I can't wait to see pics.

It appears that the black stripes, logo and numbers disappear into the black ball.

On the black ball, it would be nice if the stripes, logo and numbers could be silver gray color.

I am still debating the purchase.

Just a question can anyone order a super snake shifter ball or have you got to prove you own one by your CSM number

I've been wondering the same thing. They are not *THEE* Super Snake shifter knobs so I suspect anyone can buy one. What I mean is, they aren't the knobs that come on a SS when you pay to have it upfitted (as far as I know).

If SA is smart, they'll start marketing the crap out of the Super Snake name, ala the GT350 COP covers.

Money's money.

Keep their "SS Exclusive" parts exclusive but sell the SNOT out of SS badged items (they own the name so MARKET IT!)

JMHO,

Phill

I second the packaging, at least bubble wrap if put in the same box. Another point, if you don't want to disturb the factory shifter ball, you have to search for a shifter boot adapter/jam nut, should have been offered as a package.

Well I received my shifter Knob yesterday. Good and bad.

Robert nice design I ordered the back shifter knob, I was leary about it, as the photos makes it look very faint as if it would be very difficult to see the design in the best of light during the day. That was not the case, it is however like looking at a pearl design over- laid on top of the paint on your car and it may be some what hard to see at night, but it is nicely done the flakes make it pop.

But at last we come to the bad. I called parts first think this morning to get my RMA # . Robert, please have them pack the knob better. The adoptors and lock nut kit was packaged in the same box with the shifter knob, it appears they came into contact with each other and the knob came out on the losing end, it has a few knick in it. Sadly they were in highly visible locations and even I could see them without glasses on. So now I will send it back and wait for a replacement.

Over all: Nice design that captures the sprit or essences of the car. Requires better packing, remove the hardware from the box the knob is in, or make sure they can not come into contact with each other at all.

PS. The The ghost effect of the flake is a perfect match to my car. It is as if you have seen my repainted car and copied it.

Can’t wait to get the replacement.

Thanks

Jim

Jim - sorry about the packaging. We have addressed this issue.

Just a question can anyone order a super snake shifter ball or have you got to prove you own one by your CSM number

These are available to anyone.

Newbie here, first post, ordering my Shelby within 6 months, getting Grabber Blue with black stripes.

Can a shift knob be made in this same color?

We are working on custom applications. GB and Black should be something we stock though.

Nice feedback Jim. I can't wait to see pics.

It appears that the black stripes, logo and numbers disappear into the black ball.

On the black ball, it would be nice if the stripes, logo and numbers could be silver gray color.

I am still debating the purchase.

Yes they do disappear no doubt about it. The effect is similar to the pearl ghost flame look you see on some cars. I have a convert with the top dropped the strips, logo and number will show just fine and the flake used (blue in particular) matches my car so it will work for me.

BUT

In a coupe it may be a hole different game, the strips logo and numbers may be bare visible or not visible at all depending on the lighting.

The gray with black strips was my second choice but it really doesn't match with a black car.

To your suggestion;

If they could keep the same black with colored flake scheme, only make it a bit easier to see the black would be PERFECT.

A number 1 must have money maker.

Once I get my replacement I will install it and take and post a photo.

Jim - sorry about the packaging. We have addressed this issue.

No problem I called it in they took care of it no issues. Its already on its way back.

Problem happened, problem address and resolved without issue; all is good.

Thanks

Jim

Got mine today and disappointed that no adaptor to keep shifter and cover flush, no instructions , of.course I pulled the idiot move and grabbed the first insert and wrong diameter now can't get it out of ball. Sounds like plumbers tape around shifter will have to work. Will go get washer paint black and slip in cover and hope it gets it flush with shift ball. Finish is great , ashame the lack of information on what you need to make product have fit & finish some what disappointing . Lesson learned read forum first. Get it in gear next time no pun intended .

I'm kinda disappointed... :cry: I ordered mine on 7/10 cause the website was having issues. Now the folks there did give me the 15% TS discount :yahoo: and said it would go out by Friday (today). Unfortunately I got an email today, stating my knob (grabber orange with black lettering ) was OOS and backordered to be sent in the next 2-4 weeks. :waiting: I wanted to have for 2 upcoming car shows, but I guess that will give me more than enough time to get the correct adapter... :headscratch:

i did same as mike66 except i knocked mine off with a rubber malet, and a few good shots and you start to see the threads then pull it right out, what i did was turn the sleeve the other way so the threads are under the shifter boot so you cant see them the put on supplied nut, and thread, then just play with the threads until you get the knob at the right place looks great will get pictures tommorow if i can figure that out

Got mine today and disappointed that no adaptor to keep shifter and cover flush, no instructions , of.course I pulled the idiot move and grabbed the first insert and wrong diameter now can't get it out of ball. Sounds like plumbers tape around shifter will have to work. Will go get washer paint black and slip in cover and hope it gets it flush with shift ball. Finish is great , ashame the lack of information on what you need to make product have fit & finish some what disappointing . Lesson learned read forum first. Get it in gear next time no pun intended .

i did th get the same thing with the thread there should be a stop on it, but i did get it out with a small tool that works the opposite of a plyers ,so you can put the tools tip in the center of the thread nut on turn until you catch the threads the just reverse it out

Any tips on getting the stock shift lever cover off of the stock shifter ball?

I forcefully got the shifter ball off the shifter, but can't get this little accent piece off.

2011 GT500. Black track stripe delete, black with grey shifter ball.

Thanks in advance,

CV

Any chance on getting a red with silver stripes?

Rudy

Yes. We'll add those to the order.

How about one for a GT 350 2011

Yes, these have already been ordered.

Any chance of getting kona blue with silver stripes

Yes. Those have been ordered too.

Finally, we will be able to make some custom pieces, i.e. stripe delete, Tungsten etc. We just need a little time to configure the site and make sure it's a smooth order and production process. :)

Archived