TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500 Shifter Balls

Staff

There is a adapter on ebay that's where i got mine from. here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1438.12649

Appreciate the link. But....uh...."Immediate payment of US $522.95 is required" seems a little steap.

I went to http://sickspeed.com/pages/mustang.html and looks like it is 22.95 there. But would be nice if all in one package for sure.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to point out that I did meet with him personally and tried to contact him and received zero response. . .so we moved on to another supplier.

The Shelby pieces are made in the U.S.A.

MADE IN THE US!

Bravo! :salute:

Sick of these "Made in China" stuff...

But I know they are everywhere including on our OEM GT500... :redcard:

MADE IN THE US!

Bravo! :salute:

Which is also part of my thinking that they are MGW items.

Which would be a GOOD thing. MGW makes quality shi....stuff.

Phill

Hi Robert, just a quick follow-up any experience of thoughts on a shift boot adapter for those of us with stock GT500 shifters?

I know you probably can't comment on another manufacturer's product. All I've found so far is the "Shift Boot Adapter" about half way down the page and any thoughts and comments would be welcome and appreacted to make this spot-on perfect!

Oh, have I mentioned I love this car! :wub2:

We will be offering black/white, black/red, grabber blue/black - GT500KRs and others too.

Others too.

Yeah, Grabber Blue with white stripes and maybe a catch all generic type with just the Cobra or something for us soon to be GTS types and others.

These are not made by SpeedDawg, however, we did reach out to him (and met him) to make these for us, however, he never followed through. They may be able to make custom ones, but they cannot use Shelby markings.

We will be offering black/white, black/red, grabber blue/black - GT500KRs and others too.

Awesome !

I just wanted to point out that I did meet with him personally and tried to contact him and received zero response. . .so we moved on to another supplier.

The Shelby pieces are made in the U.S.A.

Hi Robert, I just wanted to comment that I think that knob company is crazy not to respond and do this for Shelby! I already tried asking Shelby a couple of years ago if there was any interest in the knobs I was designing and got a No. I will still be making them for mine still looks different compared to everyone elses, but I will say that those look really nice. Job well done Shelby!

After doing a google search, I found that I just have to keep unscrewing. I grabbed a ginormous pair of channel locks and a chunk of rubber. I wrapped the factory knob with the rubber and started to unscrew. My gt500 didn't want to give her up, but she finally gave in. The factory uses red lock tight - and man was it tight! The factory knob came off with the aluminum sleeve pressed in. I then put the new grabber blue knob on. It looked out of place without the sleeve. I knew I had to use the aluminum sleeve to make it look right.

I placed the sleeve in the vice (wrapped with a rag) and pulled. It came out of the knob easily. I ended up taking all of the knurled portion of the sleeve off except maybe 1/16" of an inch. I slid it on and had to adjust the nut a few times before getting it just right.

DSC00190.jpg

After doing a google search, I found that I just have to keep unscrewing. I grabbed a ginormous pair of channel locks and a chunk of rubber. I wrapped the factory knob with the rubber and started to unscrew. My gt500 didn't want to give her up, but she finally gave in. The factory uses red lock tight - and man was it tight! The factory knob came off with the aluminum sleeve pressed in. I then put the new grabber blue knob on. It looked out of place without the sleeve. I knew I had to use the aluminum sleeve to make it look right.

I placed the sleeve in the vice (wrapped with a rag) and pulled. It came out of the knob easily. I ended up taking all of the knurled portion of the sleeve off except maybe 1/16" of an inch. I slid it on and had to adjust the nut a few times before getting it just right.

DSC00190.jpg

That looks nice,and looks like it is on a stock shifter and shift boot, correct? So all you needed was what came with the new shift ball?

Oh, and what year is your Shelby?

Starting to look like I'm not going to need any other adapters, etc to make it look clean and OEM with the new shifter ball on it happy%20feet.gif

When I try to go from page 2 to page 3 and click on the "NEXT" page link or on the "3", I get a photo of a black ('07?) GT500 Super Snake convertable on a photobucket page so I can't get to the next page.

Here is the URL:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa282/jhe12345/Guys%20Day%20Out%20Trophy%20win/010.jpg

Is it just me?

EDIT: By posting this question, I got to page 3...but only by posting this.

Phill

When I try to go from page 2 to page 3 and click on the "NEXT" page link or on the "3", I get a photo of a black ('07?) GT500 Super Snake convertable on a photobucket page so I can't get to the next page.

Here is the URL:

http://i200.photobuc...y%20win/010.jpg

Is it just me?

EDIT: By posting this question, I got to page 3...but only by posting this.

Phill

It works for me. Were you logged in? I've seen that happen before if I am not logged in. Might want to try the latest version of Firefox if that is not what you are using too.

It works for me. Were you logged in? I've seen that happen before if I am not logged in. Might want to try the latest version of Firefox if that is not what you are using too.

I'm using IE and it's been giving me problems. I have a brand new MAC sitting in the box that my wife bought me for Christmas...a year and a half ago!

I just need to bite the bullet and throw my fear of MAC out the window....

Phill

I'm using IE and it's been giving me problems. I have a brand new MAC sitting in the box that my wife bought me for Christmas...a year and a half ago!

I just need to bite the bullet and throw my fear of MAC out the window....

Phill

Seems like you got hung-up with the thumbs in my sig. Try flushing your cache then reload the link.

Wait I am confused with all this shifter boot and adapter talk. Aren't these knobs suppose to just screw off the alumnium stick and then we screw the other one on?

What "aluminum stick" are you talking about???

Phill

The ball is screwed onto a steel shaft. The aluminum piece you see is a decorative sleeve to hide the shaft.

There ya go svt13. What he said.

Phill

The ball is screwed onto a steel shaft. The aluminum piece you see is a decorative sleeve to hide the shaft.

I see. So shouldn't this ball just screw onto the steel shaft without having to get any new pieces or stuff like that?

Robert.....any chance of a no stripe option....or custom orders with a premium? I have a GO no stripe 07. Was looking for a Tiffany GT500 logo on top / Shelby on sides. Really like the looks /quality of the Shelby ones and would be greatful for the option.....

Robert.....any chance of a no stripe option....or custom orders with a premium? I have a GO no stripe 07. Was looking for a Tiffany GT500 logo on top / Shelby on sides. Really like the looks /quality of the Shelby ones and would be greatful for the option.....

Check with Jonathan Eck - JonathanE@ShelbyAmerican.com

Archived