TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What are people using as a replacement SS splitter?

Now that Shelby has dis-continued the 07-09 SS splitters unless there is a warranty issue, wondering what people are going to use for replacements?

Frank,

You have a bigger problem in that this looks like it is a gen 1 splitter which was limited during the early days of the SS and 40th runs. I would have thought the gen 2's would still be available as this is a very high maintenance item.

What I have seen most people doing is ordering the stock gt500 front splitter and having it hydrocarbon'd. No one will be able to tell the difference unless they are looking for it closely.

(null)

Gen 1 and 2 have been dis-continued. I was told by Shelby you can not buy a SS spliter for 07-09 SS's without a warranty defect. Hitting a curb etc does not qualify. I'm partial to the curved at the corners, gen 2 splitters. Anyone have a boxed extra they want to sell? :)

What I have seen most people doing is ordering the stock gt500 front splitter and having it hydrocarbon'd. No one will be able to tell the difference unless they are looking for it closely.

(null)

I would think this would be your best option. Now, I do have a brand new gen 2 in the box with the Shelby receipt, but since Shelby is not selling them anymore, I think the price would be equal to the price of a KR splitter. :-) Just kidding, it's not for sale.

Although I have another Shelby front splitter set to arrive in July, I put the OEM GT500 splitter on...looks better and no problems with scraping...and you can add the 13 lowers if you want. The SS doesn't go CF all around anyway (side skirts, yes, but they didn't complete the design w/the rear diffuser.

I would go aftermarket. Take the factory splitter off and store it away.

I did that with my KR. I have a plastic GT-500 splitter on it now. Looking to purchase an aftermarket carbon fiber one.

• 2 weeks later...

You all might want to invest in this...looks to be a great preventative solution?

Front End Parking Assist Sensor

http://www.americanm...&adtype=pla&kw=

I have that on my 13 shelby. Works real good. Only problem is though it literally only works for the splitter. If there is something higher than that it won't sense it. Also it only works directly in front of the car and not to the sides or corners.

Although I have another Shelby front splitter set to arrive in July, I put the OEM GT500 splitter on...looks better and no problems with scraping...and you can add the 13 lowers if you want. The SS doesn't go CF all around anyway (side skirts, yes, but they didn't complete the design w/the rear diffuser.

Do you have a 2010+ SS carbon fiber splitter coming? If you perfer the stock one I will buy your carbon fiber one off you?

Yes, good point.

• 2 weeks later...

Shelby is still offering the 07-09 Super Snake packages right? So I don't get this at all, not only that but this is probably the most damaged part. Why would they do this?

I don't think it's right that we now have to buy an aftermarket splitter or have carbon fiber applied to the stock one because we can't get parts for our cars anymore? And, of course we want the SS stock original parts. Now I don't want anything to happen to my splitter so now I have to figure something out.

What's the longevity factor with hydro dipping? I've heard of the process but have never seen it in person. If one hydro dips their rockers, does it come off like paint when the stones hit it? How does it handle the sun?

Can you do the rear diffuser on the back bumper cover without harming the paint already on the upper half?

What's the longevity factor with hydro dipping? I've heard of the process but have never seen it in person. If one hydro dips their rockers, does it come off like paint when the stones hit it? How does it handle the sun?

Can you do the rear diffuser on the back bumper cover without harming the paint already on the upper half?

Hydro dipping is just as strong as the primer, paint, and clear coat used. I like to use PPG products. It is possible to get a rock chip on the part, but it can easily be fixed with some black touch up paint. The PPG products are plenty UV resistant, the sun won't be any more of a problem than on your typical paint job.

I havent done it yet, but I just got some 3M clear bra material too. I want to try and wrap one. Then it should really be durable.

The paint on the back bumper can easily be masked off to just dip the rear diffuser.

I can take some factory splitters and paint/hydro dip them for a fraction of the cost of a real CF splitter. Let me know if any of you guys need help or have any questions.

img1482cj.jpg

img1476x.jpg

dsc8365.jpg

dsc7306j.jpg

img2472u.jpg

Please call me at (386) 931-0392

Shelby is still offering the 07-09 Super Snake packages right? So I don't get this at all, not only that but this is probably the most damaged part. Why would they do this?

I don't think it's right that we now have to buy an aftermarket splitter or have carbon fiber applied to the stock one because we can't get parts for our cars anymore? And, of course we want the SS stock original parts. Now I don't want anything to happen to my splitter so now I have to figure something out.

Jester is right. If this is true it is a bad idea.

I'm sure there is a replacement recommendation in the SS owners manual, though- don't sweat it!

I can take some factory splitters and paint/hydro dip them for a fraction of the cost of a real CF splitter. Let me know if any of you guys need help or have any questions.

That hydro looks great!!! Sounds like we need to remove the stock cf piece and have you dip some stock splitters for us. No sense in taking a chance on damaging the stock splitter if they're not going to be available.

Archived