TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Shelby/JBA Exhaust find on Craigslist!

For those of you who have been involved with the Super Snake since the early days, you remember the JBA exhaust that was mentioned as standard install on the Super Snake 725's. Well, we all know that by the time the finished product was received, the Super Snakes came with 2.5" Borla exhaust. The JBA exhaust was still a reality, but only through Shelby Performance Parts as a "Super Snake 700" optional exhaust.

The Super Snake 700 exhaust is long gone now. It was cool that for a period of time "Shelby by JBA" was available. I have the full mandrel Shelby/JBA 3" on my 725, I'll bet it would be REAL Cool on a 800 horse Super Snake!!

Anyway, a while back I was on Craigslist searching for little nothings and decided to put "Super Snake" in the nationwide search. I could not believe it, a NEW set of Shelby/JBA but instead of it being the 3" catback (which requires a 3" X-pipe), it was the 2.5"-3" that is specifically designed for use with the factory 2.5" catted system. I am always concerned that at some point Florida could become one of those emissions testing states and it would be nice to have the option of bolting my OEM front pipe back in place but still retain the Shelby by JBA at the rear. This is the set-up for that.

0016-2.jpg

The original SPP listing from a few years ago.......

0045.jpg

The front of the catback mid-pipe 2.5" to 3"........

0054-1.jpg

The original SPP exhaust listings for the "Super Snake 700" optional exhaust.........

0017-2.jpg

This 2.5" to 3" catback system is still available through JBA, but it says "JBA" on the tip(s) with no mention of "SHELBY".

R

Archived