TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Idle remains high

Anybody have this problem? Recently after driving for say 15 miles or more, when disengaging the clutch, the RPM's remain high (1600-1800). If the light is long enough, the RPM's will eventually lower themselves to normal. The next time I disengage the clutch, everything will be just fine and operating normally. This doesn't happen every time. My car is a '12 SS w/KB 3.6.

Anybody have this problem? Recently after driving for say 15 miles or more, when disengaging the clutch, the RPM's remain high (1600-1800). If the light is long enough, the RPM's will eventually lower themselves to normal. The next time I disengage the clutch, everything will be just fine and operating normally. This doesn't happen every time. My car is a '12 SS w/KB 3.6.

Be sure your throttle blade is closing all the way. I've seen a loose throttle blade act like that too.

Also check for vacuum leaks.

Phill

I found this thread which reminded me of what you were seeing...I have the same setup as yours only mine is an '11 model but have not had any issues with idling. My engine idles at around 900rmp on average.

Anyway hope this gives you some insight on the issue.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/68016-light-comes-on-for-electronic-throttle-control/page__fromsearch__1

Archived