TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clean Install for radar detectors in the 2013 GT500

Amazon won't ship there? The 9500ix is the best radar detector IMO. I absolutely love mine. Worse case, buy one and ship it to me, and I will then drop it in the mail to you.

eBay has some too. Here is one that ships to Canada:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1941c02f

$50.00 UPS Standard To Canada

sorta kills the deal.

I like your idea of drop shipping. I found one that is a bit more from amazon ($600 shipping included in that price)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Any of you installed a Rogue Mount yet? Looking for first hand opinion on quality, because they beat the blendmount big-time on price.

I cannot find it less then $69.99. It's only $20 cheaper. has the price gone up?

Yeah, they raised their prices. I got both of mine for $45 each (and that included the wire tap).

Can't blame them. Their only competition is charging $50 more than their new price; not much sense in not making $25 more per unit and still letting your customers feel like they're getting a good deal.

Let me know if you are interested. I have someone else who wants one too, so maybe I can ask the guy for a mini-group discount.

Mine is already shipped. I'll take any retroactive discounts you're able to negotiate! And if you can pull that off, I'll give you the number to my Shelby salesman. :D

the rogue site says you have to use a volt meter to figure out where to plug the wires. i'd have to go buy the volt meter...kinda kills the disount. the blendmount seems easier...tab a into slot b type of thing. do you really have to use a volt meter to do the rogue, or can i just put a certain colored wire into the proper colored hole? i have on 09'.

mirror tap is another name for the purpose built wiring harness to power your detector off the power mirror wiring. As others have said, look around the forum to find install posts which tell which mirror wire is hot and which is ground. Rogue mounting instructions won't be vehicle specific, they'll tell you to use voltmeter to find hot because that method works for ANY car.

I was measuring the circumference of the mirror stem and it is close to 2" around. However the diameter of the mirror stem is clearly 3/4" on my 09'. Rogue's website directions seem incorrect. There is no way possible the circumference of my mirror stem is even close to 3/4" or 7/8". Rogue must be talking about the diameter of the mirror stem when they say measure the circumference of the mirror stem. Thoughts?

Farmboy said the 3/4" rogue was too small to fit his 13' gt500. Anybody have a rogue setup for their 07-09' gt500?

Question

Hey guys, sorry for my ignorance on radar detectors,

Now, what good does a radar detector if a laser beam will detect your precise speed before your radar detector beeps!

I spent 700 Dollars on a Really HIGH tech Beltronics for my other car, did some tavelling and lucked out!

3K miles without a problem, then when I was back home, relaxed, early in the morning, no one in the highway, driving on the speed limit, and for just about 10 seconds I put 97 miles safely on a 50mph highway, and now it is a big headache! there was a cop with a laser... Beep beep, I slowed down momentarily, but I was already clocked!

Really, what is the use!

Thank you in advance for your inputs,

Braztang

Question

Hey guys, sorry for my ignorance on radar detectors,

Now, what good does a radar detector if a laser beam will detect your precise speed before your radar detector beeps!

I spent 700 Dollars on a Really HIGH tech Beltronics for my other car, did some tavelling and lucked out!

3K miles without a problem, then when I was back home, relaxed, early in the morning, no one in the highway, driving on the speed limit, and for just about 10 seconds I put 97 miles safely on a 50mph highway, and now it is a big headache! there was a cop with a laser... Beep beep, I slowed down momentarily, but I was already clocked!

Really, what is the use!

Thank you in advance for your inputs,

Braztang

Get a K-40 Laser Diffuser. I have used one in my Saleen for 10 years. I have watched many a policeman try like crazy to get a laser reading but they are never able. I just pound hard on the brakes then cruise by like a nice law abiding citizen. They even guarantee if you get a laser ticket they will pay for it. I just talked to a company rep last week about the install for my Shelby when it comes. It is hard wired into the car so it activates on engine start. Externally all that is required is the small send/receive unit mounted in the front with optional unit in back. You can look them up on the internet and find a dealer near you. :busted:http://www.k40.com/f...es-27.php#Laser

A RADAR detector works if the police are using it on traffic ahead of you and you get prior warning that you are going to get clocked when you get there so you slow down. If you are the only vehicle around and the policeman is up ahead waiting with RADAR and he hits you with it as you approach him you just got nailed. A LASER warning on a RADAR detector means you are busted. It takes miliseconds for them to know your speed. (Light and RADAR waves travel at 186,000 Miles Per Second) You cannot slow down in time! There is not a RADAR /LASER detector made that can save you. They are trained to hit you with laser (LIDAR) at 1000 feet. If you have the LASER difuser it starts transmitting as soon as a LASER hits your car. It confuses the gun with its pulses and the gun will read bad data in the display. Get on the brakes because as you approach the gun the 3 foot cone of light narrows and will eventually come off the difuser on your car. This gives you valuable time to haul in the galloping pony. Remember that they can hit you with RADAR from a full 90 degrees to the side and still get a speed on you. RADAR = RAdio Detection And Ranging. LASER used to require that the gun not be more than 10 degrees off target but the newer guns have increased that angle so they can nail you from an overpass. LASER is really LIDAR = LIght Detection And Ranging. So get a laser difuser and learn to understand what your RADAR detector is telling you. Remember you can always pick up a RADAR signal on your RADAR detector about twice as far away as the officer can get a reading. (This range is adjustable by turning power up or down at the gun) But remember if you are a mile behind somebody and he has the gun turned down he can sample them and you will never know it and when you approach you will get clocked.

Sometimes it just does not pay to be first. Get some bear bait out in front of you and let him set the pace. I have used this technique many times and watched as the police nab that driver while I hang a quarter mile back and don't even get a sideways glance as the cops focus all their attention on the front car. Knowing all this and using it to my advantage has been working for 31 years to avoid tickets. Also remember the police have their favorite spots to set up their speed traps. You can find those listed on the internet. Read about the ones in your area and prepare to protect yourself from the man!

so what do you do if you get pulled over in a state ur not suppose to have one in?

Unless I'm being obtuse, I'd do the exact same thing I'd otherwise do if I were using a different mount. How is the mount relevant?

I've thought about radar detection, but even the best can't out-resolve the problem of targeted laser. If it happens to pick-up someone else getting nailed that's terrific - but it's hardly protection, and only even likelier to make me prone to taking chances and getting popped myself.

For now, I'll stick to areas I know that aren't patrolled - fit and finish be damned.

• 1 month later...

Archived