TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'13 for MSRP

mullens

No mark up. MSRP+destination= $54,995. Taxes and about 37k for my car brings the OTD price to 20k.

At MSRP they are making 5k on the car. I had to pull teeth to get it. Everyone else around here is getting 5-10k over.

Still thinking about it. Nothing in stone

Listen if you want the car and have the money buy it, you never know when the man above will take you, so enjoy life as if it was going to end because one day it will.

I want honest opinions. :rockon: It counteracts my impulsive side.

BTW money is not an issue...

Go for it! I traded my 2011 for a 2013. There are enough changes for me to justify buying the 2013. I had to give them my 2011 before receiving my, now ordered, 2013. I thought that was reasonable on their part, as its easier for them to sell my 2011 rather than have to try and sell it near the end of August when the 2013 may arrive. The 2013 has a boat-load of changes from the 2011 and I'm not even ordering the performance options. I ordered the heated seats and that was it. Should be an awesome car!

what insurance increase? my '13 is going to be literally a few bucks more than my 05' GT. Based on the trade amount, then you pull off the TVS and be able to sell it same day ( people want it) I say go for it! most people right now are running into lots of dealers asking insane mark ups...I got mine for MSRP also, and its almost here. Plus from a 2010 to a 2013 there are quite a few upgrades and its a SVT 20th anniversary car!

Very helpful responses...

I can think of 100 reasons not to do it but you do only go around once so I'm leaning that way. It appears as if some lucky member will get a killer deal on a TVS...

I want honest opinions. It counteracts my impulsive side.BTW money is not an issue...

Hi Mullens...as long as money is not an issue...why the heck wouldn't you do it? I would do it in a heartbeat as long as it is exactly what you want in terms of color, etc. Is this for an order, or is the car on lot already? I love my current car...but if I could, I'd get a '13 tomorrow - however, money is an issue for me.

Hi Mullens...as long as money is not an issue...why the heck wouldn't you do it? I would do it in a heartbeat as long as it is exactly what you want in terms of color, etc. Is this for an order, or is the car on lot already? I love my current car...but if I could, I'd get a '13 tomorrow - however, money is an issue for me.

It is an order. They are willing to lock in the trade price even though it will be at least 8 weeks till delivery. I could trade it as soon as they get a VIN but I'd probably wait till delivery. I'm one of the minority who will order no options. I don't need the track pack or even SVTPP. That's just me...

I think it's a total waste of money. As soon as I get mine, the government is going to reinstate the nationwide 55 MPH speed limit. Sorry about that. :o

Remember...its not how fast you go its how fast you get there.

It is an order. They are willing to lock in the trade price even though it will be at least 8 weeks till delivery. I could trade it as soon as they get a VIN but I'd probably wait till delivery. I'm one of the minority who will order no options. I don't need the track pack or even SVTPP. That's just me...

I have to be that little voice in your ear...."DO IT! DO IT!". hehe. Seriously, I would do the deal tomorrow...as long as you feel comfortable with the dealer and such.

That's what I would order as well, I don't need the extra options...not even the car cover...lol. I'm jealous that you are able to get a new car though, but happy for you!

Thanks for the support. I never understood that $395 for car cover either. Love the blue/white combo. Probably do Deep Impact Blue. Hope the dealer is true to his word.

Thanks for the support. I never understood that $395 for car cover either. Love the blue/white combo. Probably do Deep Impact Blue. Hope the dealer is true to his word.

So...you think you're going for it then? I'll proabably wait for the 2015 model before considering changing cars....hopefully will have enough money by then. And if for some reason I don't like the 2015...I'd shop for a used 2013 or 2014 model. Deep Impact Blue with white stripes is very striking.

For all you people out there that are thinking about buying a 2013 Shelby GT500, DO IT!!!!!!!

You will not be disapointed, I got mine on 6/15 and I have never been so impressed by a car as

much as this one The power this vehicle has will make you grin all day even when your just cruising around.

Knowing that you have all that power at your disposal make you giddy. The amount of tweaking and adding

different components to make this do what Carrol Shelby wanted it do is amazing.

I am so happy I bought this car and didn't settle for a Boss 302, though the Boss 302 is a winner too.

I came across mine just two hours after it arrived at the dealer. Some dealers in california are taking deliveries,

but are only allocated a few cars. Tried to order one but for some reason thats not an easy thing to do in california.

So, the bottom line, get one while you can. I believe the markup for these vehicles will go up as the production of them winds

down. No one in california that I know of has paid MSRP. Dealers are marking them all up, some as much as 25 to 30K over

MSRP. I think that number may go even higher as they become harder to get.

I Know that one was bought in california for 25k over MSRP and sold in Japan for around 200k.

Rumor has it that only 2500 are being made. The dealer I bought mine from also told me the same thing.

Just my two cents.

2013 Shelby GT500

White/Black Matte Stipres

Black Interior

All Options except moonroof and heated seats

Sorry about the Picture Quality, Post more later.

:wub2:

Ordered mine today, from Phil Long Ford (Chapel Hills location) in Colorado Springs. (I'm told mine is their first and only GT500 order, so far.) Down payment was accepted and I have a Vehicle Order Confirmation in-hand for a black coupe with SVTPP, Recaros, Electronics Pkg, Shaker Pro, and Stripe Delete. Cost was MSRP with NO ADM.

Order+14 week update: Phil Long Ford (Chapel Hills location) in Colorado Springs is not to be trusted. The lying bastards decided my 14-week-old Shelby order went from #1 of 3 in their priority stack to #3 of 2. They stopped short of canceling my order or refunding my deposit, however, because they're still "optimistic" the order will be filled. Any bets on what their "optimism" is worth?

Archived