TEAM SHELBY FORUM

new 2010 GT500 guy checking in

Chris410

Greetings, I purchased a 2010 GT500 late last month and came across this site. My car is a 2010 GT500 blue with silver stripes fully loaded. I am the second owner and I can say that the original owner really took great care of the the car because it is in absolute mint condition. Of course, I intend to keep the car in the best shape possible while enjoying it as much as I can. As for me, I've always liked Mustangs and my affair with the car started back in the late 80's in a 5.0. I used to race road bikes (cycling) and one of my sponsors used to let me drive his 5.0. I loved that car, through the years and owning various other fast/fun cars I always wanted to get another Mustang. Well, after going to an exotic car trackday and watching a GT500 hold its own against the likes of a GTR, Lambos, and some Ferrari's I was interested. So, I started to research the car and last month I came across the car I have now. I was honestly not expecting to buy the car until the spring (2013 GT500) however, the deal I found along with the dealership giving me a great deal on my trade-in which was an 09 370Z well, I could not say no.

After driving this car for nearly a month, I can say that I am honestly thrilled with it. I am not new to high horse power cars so, the GT500 fits me like a glove. I used to race the Pro-6 class in a 720RWHP 1997 Toyota Supra that I built and tuned on my own and I also raced road bikes (motorcycle) in the Superbike/Supersport class with CCS so now, I am simply enjoying the GT500.

I am in the Northern Virginia area and looking forward to meeting other GT500 owners.

Here is a link to pictures of my car from the dealer:

http://inventory.koonssterlingford.com/web/used/Ford-Mustang-2010-Sterling-Virginia/3535619/?condition_id=10426

-Chris

Here is your window sticker.

Did you get the car cover?

Yes I did, are you the original owner? If so, I cannot say thank you enough for taking such great care of the car. I can assure you that I will continue the trend you started :-)

Thank you everyone for the welcome!

Yes I did, are you the original owner? If so, I cannot say thank you enough for taking such great care of the car. I can assure you that I will continue the trend you started :-)

Thank you everyone for the welcome!

I'm not the original owner, if I were I probably would not have sold it. Nice car.

The VIN was shown in the link you posted and I thought you might like a copy of the window sticker.

Enjoy the car.

I'm not the original owner, if I were I probably would not have sold it. Nice car.

The VIN was shown in the link you posted and I thought you might like a copy of the window sticker.

Enjoy the car.

Very interesting, I looked at the link and noticed the vin as a parameter so thank you for providing the link.

I plan on joining officially soon, looking forward to the club and being a part of the fun!

Very interesting, I looked at the link and noticed the vin as a parameter so thank you for providing the link.

I plan on joining officially soon, looking forward to the club and being a part of the fun!

Welcome to Team Shelby! It is truly the best, most helpful, and friendliest Mustang site on the Internet.

Congrats on your awesome new ride!

Jer

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Chris - congrats on thee new ride. Love that Kona Blue! I'm in Maryland near Annapolis so if you hear of any Shelby gatherings in Northern Va, give me a heads up and I'll try to take a ride over to join you.

Sween

Archived