TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2006/07 HERTZ CAR REGISTRY

That would be part of the registry which Shelby has been working on for quite some time. However, with the modern legal issues with identity, privacy, etc., I'm guessing will make that probably never happen. There may be a registry with known CSM number and location (state), but that may be questionable also.

I started tracking the 2006 cars on the 2006 site several years ago. Have not done anything with it for several years. Could create a spread sheet that folks could enter their location next to the CSM number. I can say the cars do move around and many folks are not even on this site. There may be others who have maintained their own lists that may be willing to share.

To that end, have fun and yes, register with Shelby at a minimum.

lets come up with a name. Once that isdone and started, we can contact Mustang Monthly and see if they mention it on their magazine. this may get those missing cars registered.

Harald, sounds like you could be the host for the registry

"I say we start our own. something like www.s197hertzregistry.com Someone can keep track of all 1000 shelbys. After 6 years...I dont see any registry (SGT, SGT-C, Hertz, etc) ever been made"

The reason there is no registry is very simple, Shelby has not figured out how to make money on it. I suspect it will never happen. There is a format to enter the info and this should be very simple to organize, I use to buy into protecting all the vin info etc. but it shows up on ebay all the time. I am tracking the SGT/BJ cars and slowly as I see them on ebay I am putting the CSM with the vin and options, this is really a shame and I no longer even ask. Its proprietary info, so what are you going to do.

GG

Yeah Glen, when I had my SGT-C, I was tracking all of the locations and owners. SAI has good intensions, but its not going to happen in my opinion. SAI might not like it, but they cant stop it, since every individual who owns their car has the wright to give out their CSM and VIN. So once the registry is made, little by little it can be built. Were only talking 1000 cars...not thousands

I agree, its a real shame and I really hate to be critical of Shelby when they do so many things right. I have the complete list of every 08SGT/BJ car with its options by VIN, what I don't have is the corresponding CSM number and order they were built in. I offered at one time to help them track the BJ cars, but I believe it is not a high priority at this time for whatever reason.

The registry in my humble opinion will need to be a computer program as the cars are having modifications made. It should be read only access to members of this forum, who have registared their cars so they can look at what other members are doing.

I would think the Shelby Hertz GT-H would be a pretty easy project over time with 500 of each car to track.

Cheers GG

• 2 months later...

At a show today and got to talking with a nice man and his who own 07H159. They are from NY and the car is still in great condition (Like most Shelby's it has found a good home). They bought it out of Ohio about 2 years ago with 25,XXX miles on it. He hasn't registered it. I informed them of Team Shelby and it's benefits - hope they join.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone started this yet?

I started my own for the KR's and was wondering if there was a better way to do it.

I am using the windows excel program. I have over 300 cars in it so far. I am on my phone so I can't provide a screen shot so I will try to explain it.

On the main page I have the cars listed in CSM order. Next to the CSM is all of the available info on the car to include..... The VIN, color, options, is it signed by CS, owner name and location, last known mileage, if it's for sale the price.

For more detailed info you can click on the CSM and see pictures of the car, the window sticker and any known history on the car.

The problem is that the excel document with all the info and pictures is huge and it can't be easily shared.

There has to be a better way.

Edit added screen shot.

KRlist_zps430c12a3.png

If we had a site to post the excel document. The paid side of this site maybe.......

It could be posted in a read only format. All the sensitive info like the VIN or owner info could be hidden from public view.

There could be an opted out option as well.

I just think it would be cool for an owner 30 years from now to be able to see their newly purchased Shelby in the first owners garage, or at SAI before it was shipped. Maybe read the history on their car where has the car been. Where did the pervious owners buy it and why did they sale it.

We have been doing this type of thing at my work for years. I don't see why they can't do it here.

Archived