TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oil change advice/info????

erupff

Hey all,

Well, it is finally time for my first oil change for 08TRT0303 (since the Terlingua tranformation) and I wanted to know what suggestions you may have to keep it hopping smoothly.......THANKS!

I would put my trust in Motorcraft; Ford does not take the Ford logo on oil lightly, so I've always seen Motorcraft as all around satisfying. True, I don't have a Shelby, but Motorcraft oil holds its viscosity in my Lincoln just fine and that's a 5.0.

Look for anything that lacks 7th group periodic elements being too abundant and anything that prides themselves on holding it's viscosity and nature (ie polymeric viscosity index improvers, surfactants to lower liquid tension, etc.) Nothing that will get stuck or wad up 2,000 miles into it.

Hey all,

Well, it is finally time for my first oil change for 08TRT0303 (since the Terlingua tranformation) and I wanted to know what suggestions you may have to keep it hopping smoothly.......THANKS!

Hey Erupff,

Good to see you enjoying the bunny!

I Have been using the Ford synthetic and their racing filter series for the V6. Though likely any high quality syn and filter will work.

I change mine yearly as I do not put that many miles on. It has less than 4K and I think gasp between me and Quantum has had the oil changed 6-7 times already... better safe than sorry LOL.

David

Thanks Helix and Vorpal for your advice, glad you both concur! Went out and bought filter and oil today so ready to go! Again,

I appreciate the time taken to share your knowledge. Take care and enjoy your rides!

Evan

Archived