TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Replacement for Halogen Fog Lamps

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

berg, how did you find the part number for our fog lights? either way if these fit I wouldnt mind trying them, I too want the fogs to at least match closer in color to the HID's

Pulled them out of the PDF file for the GT500 Supplement - can't remember where I found the PDF's - thought there was a link somewhere in one of these threads. If you want to PM me your email - I can send you the PDF.

berg, how did you find the part number for our fog lights? either way if these fit I wouldnt mind trying them, I too want the fogs to at least match closer in color to the HID's

When I complained about this I got flammed for complaining and nagging about the car haha. Well to answer everyones questions. DONT GET HIDS. They will melt the housing. EVEN THE 25 WATT ONE FROM HIDGUY.NET And all LEDs I found online shine at 6000k so they will be blue and not project as much light. My shop has a white LED I will probably use that shines at 5000k. They are looking for a 4300k one. But I'll let you all know.

Anyone try any LED or HID replacements for the factory PS24N (5202) - such as :

Are you sure the 5202 is a direct replacement for the PS24N? The GM guys are having the same problems with some of the newer Camaro models and some of the trucks. They are saying the two bulbs are not the same and are not interchangeable.

I dont want HIDs for the fogs, just a different bulb with a different tint...thats about it

There are a lot of 5202 LEDs mostly all are the blueish light that comes with 6000k even though they are advertised as "white". Don't buy the LED before you see it.

I have the 5202 HID fog lights from HIDGUY in my car and have had them for over a year and no issues. Housing has not melted or anything. Im hoping it doesn't but if it comes down to it and it does ill just end up getting a new housing and throw in the led's. These are the 8000k HID's from HIDGUY.

008-1.jpg

I have the 5202 HID fog lights from HIDGUY in my car and have had them for over a year and no issues. Housing has not melted or anything. Im hoping it doesn't but if it comes down to it and it does ill just end up getting a new housing and throw in the led's. These are the 8000k HID's from HIDGUY.

008-1.jpg

Then your lucky? Go on fordgt500.com. There is literally a 30 some page thread there everyone has melted housing from the 35 watt and 25 watt HIDs. Their "solution" was to take off some sticker that goes on top of the bulb that keeps water and moisture out of the fog lamp housing. But if nothing has happened to you then I guess you are one of the lucky ones. But to all others buy at your own risk you've been warned.

• 2 months later...

The lens for your fog lights will melt. Don't put them in. Go to V-LEDs website and order a 5000k LED bulb. Go to fordgt500.com and use the search feature to find the thread or even google HID fog lights fordgt500. I'm sure the thread will show up in google. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

So the 5000K LEDs will not melt the lens?

LEDs run much cooler and will not melt your fogs... The negative is that they do not project light as well as the OEMs... at least none that I've seen.

Well I am running the 8000k bulbs in the heads and fogs and ran the fogs for a good 2 hours tonight. No melting. It is interesting how some people are having issues with the lens's melting. I've had mine for over a year and no problems.

The problem is the reflectors melting/bubbling, not the actual lenses... It's all covered in the link that I attached in post #16. I have pictures of mine contained within the thread (post #212). Mine melted within 10 minutes. Closely examine your reflectors. If they're not adversely affected, then you should be OK, especially since you've been running them for over a year.

As mentioned, some have had problems, while others have not. It could have been defectively ballast, bulbs, etc... Not sure of the reason, only of the negative effects resulting in having to purchase new housings at my own expense… and yes, this was the claimed “safe” 25 watt kit.

SteelTown, did you ever get the lights from v-led? I think they were 5000k version. I'd really like to get the white color for the fogs but I don't want to risk melting any part of the car to do it. It isn't that big of a deal to me. Also, I don't think I'm understanding if the bulbs that were causing the problems are the same as the ones some of us ordered off eBay for $10.

SteelTown, did you ever get the lights from v-led? I think they were 5000k version. I'd really like to get the white color for the fogs but I don't want to risk melting any part of the car to do it. It isn't that big of a deal to me. Also, I don't think I'm understanding if the bulbs that were causing the problems are the same as the ones some of us ordered off eBay for $10.

Not yet, but plan to... I believe that the $10 ebay bulbs are LEDs. The HIDs have caused some issues, but not the LEDs as far as melting...

Well I am running the 8000k bulbs in the heads and fogs and ran the fogs for a good 2 hours tonight. No melting. It is interesting how some people are having issues with the lens's melting. I've had mine for over a year and no problems.

You are a freak occurance lol. ALL the guys on fordgt500 who did this got melted housings. Read the link that was posted by someone else above you.

But yea the 5000k LEDs will not melt your housing and are better than the standard 6000k LEDs everyone else has been buying that do not match your headlights and just waste usable light. Anything past 5000k is a waste and you only get bad blue light.

V-LEDs is the only place I know that sells 5000k bulbs.

LEDs run much cooler and will not melt your fogs... The negative is that they do not project light as well as the OEMs... at least none that I've seen.

The problem is the reflectors melting/bubbling, not the actual lenses... It's all covered in the link that I attached in post #16. I have pictures of mine contained within the thread (post #212). Mine melted within 10 minutes. Closely examine your reflectors. If they're not adversely affected, then you should be OK, especially since you've been running them for over a year.

As mentioned, some have had problems, while others have not. It could have been defectively ballast, bulbs, etc... Not sure of the reason, only of the negative effects resulting in having to purchase new housings at my own expense… and yes, this was the claimed “safe” 25 watt kit.

The LEDs on the GT are pretty good.

The V-LED 5000k ones are not bright? Aren't they a 64 SMD LED bulb?

There bright, they just don't produce much usable light. The fog light reflector and lens is not designed to work with these LED's. It is not capable of focusing the light from multiple light sources.

The V-LED 5000k ones are not bright? Aren't they a 64 SMD LED bulb?

They have two versions of the 5K:

1) 7.5w with 219 lumens, and

2) 13w with 400 lumens

http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/fp/SFV/32481

Actually, 400 lumens is one of the brightest 5202 LED bulbs that I've seen, but still not bright enough to project usable light as compared to OEM halogen bulb (PSX24W), which is 24w and 900 lumens. Yes, that ugly yellow OEM bulb projects more than twice the light of the brightest known 5K LED bulb. Ultimately, in this type of application, it comes down to aesthetics over function.

You are a freak occurance lol. ALL the guys on fordgt500 who did this got melted housings. Read the link that was posted by someone else above you.

But yea the 5000k LEDs will not melt your housing and are better than the standard 6000k LEDs everyone else has been buying that do not match your headlights and just waste usable light. Anything past 5000k is a waste and you only get bad blue light.

V-LEDs is the only place I know that sells 5000k bulbs.

So every single person who put hid's in their fogs has burned them up? Every single one to buy hid's? I'm sure there's a lot of people who have them and haven't chimed in that they don't have an issue. I got the 25w bulbs idk if maybe that has something to do with it? I didn't go for the 35w. And that's not true about anything past 5000k is a waste because I have 8000k and they are not blue. They are white with a very small tint of blue. But it's not that stupid straight blue lights you see all the imports driving around with.

Just went out right now and checked the fogs again and absolutely nothing has been melted on them. Not the reflectors, not the lenses, nothing. Can't say why mine haven't and others are having issues.

I did read that thread on fordgt500 and yes it did seem like a lot are having issues. I looked at mine and mine does have the ventilation hole about the bulb. I seen the one pic Aviator posted and wow mine has none of that at all thank god. Also the bulbs in my fogs are thinner than that one. That thread was started back in 2009 so maybe the kits they sell now are updated to solve that problem.

Archived