TEAM SHELBY FORUM

6/24 Eastern Shore Run to Rock Hall

Rev Dennis

Meet at The Burger king in Elkton, MD at 11 AM Sun 6/24. Run down to Waterman's in Rock Hall for lunch. Crabs or sandwiches on the waterside dock of the Chesapeake bay. Then whatever. Just like the old days Mon! If this works please respond. About an hour or so from Elkton plus lunch time and back.

Anyone interested in a run? See above. We have had 4 cars. We have had 30 cars.

I wish i could Rev but my wife will just be gettinhg home from Western Md and its her bday so I know i can't make it

Have a great time though

Figires too as Rock Hall is not far from me at all ah well maybe next time

sounds like fun, but.... it's 2 hours for me to get to Elkton.... as crazy as I am and as much as I like to drive.... I think it may be a little too much. But I'll run it past the missus...

well I ran it past the missus...... her reply was "what the hell we drive further than that on one of our Sunday drives!" :hysterical: so it looks like we may be going! I'll have to hit the early service on Sunday morning and leave right away...... :peelout:

Ya Mon Doug. Great! Between what I am seeing here and on the other board where I posted this, and the private emails I have been getting, it appears we will have quite a turn out. Weather looks to be OK also. The Burger King in Elkton is at the intersection of 40 and 213. We shoot for an 11 AM meetup and hang out in the lot for awhile waiting for the stragglers. We take off between 11:30 and 11:45. If anyone is coming and is running late call me at 610 four one three 7725.

It's 1.5 hours for me to Elkton. Sometime we have a meetup south of Pottstown on route 100 earlier.

A Sunday run sounds good! Elkton is 1-1/2 hours for us too. Where are you Dennis? We are in York County.

Rev Dennis - Had a great time meeting everybody, thanks for getting this together. Hope to see everyone again!

Us too!!! as a matter of fact we just got home!!! We took our time coming home and stayed off all the interstates! The only bad part was the trip through Wilmington :banghead: .... next time I'll take the interstate just to miss the ghetto!!!

Let me check my notes. E40 in a white newer 500 would be Fred and Barbara. Thanks to you guys for coming. In an effort to reach "critical mass" I invited people from 2 different boards. It worked out fine, but smaller get together s are actually better in some ways because you get to know each other better. So in the future, as I discussed with most of the Shelby attendees today, we should have enough to do runs by ourselves. It was great to see such a turnout as we had today. We had 11 vehicles, most of which were Shelbys, and 1 motorcycle. In my previous experience, and I have been at this for 10 years 3-6 attendees is great, although more are always welcome. How many people can you talk to over a 2 hour lunch. Also - it does not have to commence in Elkton. Got an idea? Let's hear about it.

Doug_GT350 = Doug and Sandy. Thanks for coming. We can do runs up in your area too. Kevin in the red Boxster came all the way from Brooklyn! He is one of the early participants.

I would like to add that it was great to see so many women attend. My wife is afraid she will be the only one. I told her she can come next time, and feel comfortable.

Doug_GT350 = Doug and Sandy. Thanks for coming. We can do runs up in your area too. Kevin in the red Boxster came all the way from Brooklyn! He is one of the early participants.

I would like to add that it was great to see so many women attend. My wife is afraid she will be the only one. I told her she can come next time, and feel comfortable.

Only if we let her...... :hysterical: she better show up!!!!

And I think a pre-requisite should be that if you're going on a crab run, you should order crabs.... j/k really we had a blast!

Let me check my notes. E40 in a white newer 500 would be Fred and Barbara. Thanks to you guys for coming. In an effort to reach "critical mass" I invited people from 2 different boards. It worked out fine, but smaller get together s are actually better in some ways because you get to know each other better. So in the future, as I discussed with most of the Shelby attendees today, we should have enough to do runs by ourselves. It was great to see such a turnout as we had today. We had 11 vehicles, most of which were Shelbys, and 1 motorcycle. In my previous experience, and I have been at this for 10 years 3-6 attendees is great, although more are always welcome. How many people can you talk to over a 2 hour lunch. Also - it does not have to commence in Elkton. Got an idea? Let's hear about it.

You took good notes!

I've been looking for my unicorn a long time.... I did find my sock monkey though.

The kids were nice weren't they?

Tom M.

yes there were, I was impressed. It was a pleasure to see such nice well behaved children. You didn't even know they were there.

This is great. I enjoy running down to Maryland a few times over the summer. I don't get crabs, but I do get a crab cake sandwich. I am happy everyone had a good time. Next time you want to go let me know. And again - it does not have to be an Eastern Shore run. Anywhere within reason is good for me. We once went on the Cape may to Lewis ferry.

Archived