TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010-2012 Shelby Starter Button Switch

2010-2012 Shelby Starter Button

S10M-11572-C-2.jpg

Sports cars these days come with a real nifty push to start button, and unfortunately Ford has not yet imbued its muscle bound GT500 with such an option. However Shelby Performance Parts can take care of that for you with this beautiful starter button. It can be ordered with either a red or blue button and the billet door has the GT500 side stripe logo engraved into the solid aluminum.

Wiring options allow the installer to set up for constant illumination whenever the key is in the ignition, or to function in conjunction with the emergency brake, allowing for the light to turn off once the car is started and the brake released, which improves night-driving visibility. Wiring can further be optioned to allow car to start from button only, or from either the key or button. All of this, and the wiring is still only three simple connections to make, with included quick connectors!

Each kit is assembled and tested for proper switch operation and illumination before being packaged to ship to you. All the wiring we use meets Ford's stringent quality specifications. Full instructions are included. Installation does require removal of stock power outlet in center dash (power outlet in center console pocket is still functional). Made in USA from domestic and imported components.

Key is still required to unlock steering column and disable PATS Anti-theft system.

Applications:

2010-2013 Shelby GT500

Release date:

New product release: 11 June 12.

Made in the U.S.A.

Click here for more information.

Note: "Shelby", "GT350" and "SuperSnake" branded options will be added shortly.

2010-2012 Shelby Starter Button

I like it.

I'm waiting for my list to grow so I only have to place one order but this will probably go in that order. Still tossing the SS hood around in my brain.

I was *hoping* for a button that went under the existing trap door but this one looks like it replaces the door.

Am I right or does it go behind the door?

Phill

Mi amigo Phil......I installed this button a year ago. I gues that comes from the same company where I got from. The owner of that company was working a deal with SP to use the GT500 trade mark....

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16280&category_id=276

post-33685-0-08431200-1339530198_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-08431200-1339530198_thumb.jpg

Mi amigo Phil......I installed this button a year ago. I gues that comes from the same company where I got from. The owner of that company was working a deal with SP to use the GT500 trade mark....

http://www.silverhor...category_id=276

Got my picture.

Not the exact same design, etc...of course, but same function and installation.

Thank you me Amigo!

http://www.silverhor...category_id=276

Okay, so it does replace the door rather than go behind it.

I like your hydrocarbon bezels. I was going to do all of mine in white but decided to put the $$$$ into go fast goodies rather than look good goodies.

Who'd you buy them from, JLT?

Phill

Okay, so it does replace the door rather than go behind it.

I like your hydrocarbon bezels. I was going to do all of mine in white but decided to put the $$$$ into go fast goodies rather than look good goodies.

Who'd you buy them from, JLT?

Phill

http://www.southeastcarbonworks.com/

Ask for Bruce and tell him that i gave you his name. Nice person to work with.

Super fast delivery, my button arrived today. Unfortunately with no directions. Can you help me out?

Look on the SPP page the button is listed on. I've seen instructions posted on SPP for other items so maybe.....

EDIT: I just looked. I don't see any posted. That's not good, I'd think you REALLY need instrutions for that item.

Phill

After I typed my message, I thought better of it and sent Robert an e-mail, I'm sure I'll hear from him soon. Are you going to do this mod? How about the 2013 grille? i'm in town now and it woudl be a good occassion to get together, kick some tires, install a few mods, drink a beverage or two. We used to do that type of thing in a truck club I belonged to, 8 trucks all parked in the driveway, interesting site.

1. Are you going to do this mod?

2. How about the 2013 grille?

3. i'm in town now and it woudl be a good occassion to get together, kick some tires, install a few mods, drink a beverage or two.

We used to do that type of thing in a truck club I belonged to, 8 trucks all parked in the driveway, interesting site.

1. Probably on the ign. switch

2. Very likely on the grilles and spoiler, just waiting for someone to complete both so I can learn from their mistakes!

3. My door is always open. Mike Sukach/Blackout has been by, maybe we can drag him out too. If you head out of Broadmoor Bluffs past the Safeway, over the 115 bridge and up Academy to Milton E. Proby, I'm just down MEP towards the Airport. If you go all the way to Powers, you can look to your direct left and see my house. I'm the tallest house in Soaring Eagles, the brown one with the tall chiminy that you see across the field. You'd have to turn left on Powers and come around on Hancock to Silver Hawk, then I'm at the end to the left (2 houses) on the last cross street.

3181 Poughkeepsie Dr.

I'm only a couple of miles from you and Mike is a probably about the same, but up in The Broadmoor.

Ping me at phill.pollard@comcast.net and we can connect. This weekend probably isn't the greatest, wife is heading to CA on Monday so I have to be with her for some strange reason.....SHEESH, WIMMEN!

Phill

FYI, directions were sent via PDF to me late yesterday afternoon. Thanks Robert!

Is it plug-n-play or do you have to splce?

Phill

After I typed my message, I thought better of it and sent Robert an e-mail, I'm sure I'll hear from him soon. Are you going to do this mod? How about the 2013 grille? i'm in town now and it woudl be a good occassion to get together, kick some tires, install a few mods, drink a beverage or two. We used to do that type of thing in a truck club I belonged to, 8 trucks all parked in the driveway, interesting site.

I too feel the GT500 is a bit of a truck to drive! :hysterical:

And yes it feels lighter and nimble after a drink or two :hysterical:

Look on the SPP page the button is listed on. I've seen instructions posted on SPP for other items so maybe.....

EDIT: I just looked. I don't see any posted. That's not good, I'd think you REALLY need instrutions for that item.

Phill

It's not easy mi amigo Phil...I was lucky that the manufacturer lives in Port Canaveral and I stopped by there on my way to Justin (VMP Tuning). The owner installed mine for a small fee.....It works perfect! You have to unassembly the conosle, the whole dash and below the steering wheel. He did in a couple of hours but he is the owner and the manufacturer so he knows what he is doing....

Jorge

Got my picture.

Not the exact same design, etc...of course, but same function and installation.

Thank you me Amigo!

Mi amigo Patrick....is the same design and the same manufacturer where I got from. He confirmed me this. The difference is that SP is the only one who can sell those whay says GT500 engraved in the plaque. When mine was purchased and installed the owner (Marcello) was trying to make a deal with SPP to use the GT500 trade mark....

Jorge

PS. Marcello is a great guy and he will help for installation....no doubts!

Start button looks sweet, but you still need the key in place to unlock the steering wheel.

Doesnt that defeat the purpose of not having your keys jingling around the column when driving?

As a good rule of thumb you should only have ONE key on your ignition ring. I've replaced many many MANY ignition tumbler assemblies over the years from people hanging a bunch of keys on their ring.

I carry my house keys (man door, garage door, mailbox, etc. etc.) on one ring and ONE KEY (the ign. key) on another ring. I have a different key ring for each of my cars with each key ring being different so I can identify the vehicle it is for.

The only thing that dangles from my igniton key is the key fob for that particular vehicle and they are pretty light/small.

I bought the one for my GT500 from Shelby in LV and the others from the Ford dealer so they're specific to the vehicle.

Just a bit of friendly advice,

Phill

I guess it's true that you could help eliminate people destroying their ignition with 50lbs of crap on their keys (although if you still need the key to unlock the wheel...), but pressing a button doesn't give you the satisfaction of turning a key. ;)

ignition with 50lbs of crap on their keys

And there's the bottom line.

Have you ever seen those peeps with every freakin' thing on their ring but the kitchen sink? And some would try to get that on there!

Phill

I get the "all things on the ring" deal, and the push button looks neat, but its not for me. I agree w/ Helix, like the "turn" to start ignition.

My wifes grocery getter has the push button to save you the extra hassle of putting keys in the ignition at all, as long as the keys are in the vehicle somewhere, the starter works with the push of a button.

I dont want anyone who happens to be in the vehicle able to push the button and start it.

Yes, the steering column will still be locked, but that doesnt prevent someone from putting a car in gear, pressing the gas or anything else.

To me, seems like a security risk. I know everyone reading this will say " Well I dont let just anyone in my car," but unexpected things happen.

Having said all that, the push button starter does look cool.

• 8 months later...

I ordered one for my 2013 GT500 and did the install today. I do have an issue I need to get some help with. The wiring diagram in the picture doesn't match my car. The pictures and instructions show 5 wires going into the ignition harness with instructions to tap into the blue/white and blue/gray wires.. Mine has a good 12-13 wires in it only one matches the color combo the instructions call out. It has power which is good and turns on and off with the ebrake so I know I wired it up OK for the most part. The specific issue is the blue/grey wire for the ignition itself. I have no blue/gray colored wires. I tried counting the PINS based upon where the blue/white wire was for the power but must have guessed wrong. I also didn't think to take a picture of it before putting it back together as I was in a hurry. I( also couldn't find any ignition wiring diagrams online so I'll need to contact Shelby directly for some help on this.

Archived