TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JUST GOT MY GT500

dridge09

Its Red with White stripes. Well I picked it up last Thursday but now have internet access. I had a 2006 gt and traded it in on the gt500. All I can say is DAMN its fast the only way I can describe the smile it puts on my face every time i get in it and then out after driving is, if I could bottle the thrill it gives you and sell it then I would be worth Billions. I got it from Ciener Woods Ford in Kernersville NC if there is any one on the boards from the triad area let me know. ill get pictures this afternoon if the weather holds.

Congratulation and welcome to the site. May I add excellent color choice! :)

Don't forget to send some pictures, weather permitting. Speaking of weather, we got some more snow here overnight (about 3-4 inches). Drove it only a few days so far but my feeling about the car is the same as yours.

Enjoy your new ride!

Welcome to the brotherhood ! .... U think its fast now ... ?? Wait till the mods .... OMG !

Great color too !

Its Red with White stripes. Well I picked it up last Thursday but now have internet access. I had a 2006 gt and traded it in on the gt500. All I can say is DAMN its fast the only way I can describe the smile it puts on my face every time i get in it and then out after driving is, if I could bottle the thrill it gives you and sell it then I would be worth Billions. I got it from Ciener Woods Ford in Kernersville NC if there is any one on the boards from the triad area let me know. ill get pictures this afternoon if the weather holds.

Congratulations! How do you like it? Any surprises based on your expectations? Planning any modifications?

I have rented a 2006 Hertz Shelby a couple of times and it was a 325hp blast to drive. Renting part time is not enough though! Great exhaust signature and handling on that car. Have been working on purchasing the GT500 for over 2 years! I finally join the owners club in about 2 hours. Ordered over 6 months ago. Was wondering if this day would ever come. :hyper:

Congratulations!! The dream of a lifetime for most...enjoy

What is the navigation like? I decided against it. I think it was a $2,000 add? Figured I could do some more important performance mods with $2,000. Do you watch DVDs while you're trying to drive, or what? My g/f's dad has the nav on his Mercedes AMG and he says it is annoying and difficult to operate especial while trying to drive. Might come in handy if you drive out of town a lot though eh?

How do ! Welcome to the brotherhood :yup::lurk:

Got the Shelby deliveried today with 10 miles instead of the 2 miles I was told after the inspection. Dealership is 600 miles away and they forgot to send the temporary registration, so I can't really drive it legally. They didn't send the title either so I can't register it yet. Anyone else notice rust/corosion on the rear axle area?

Looks good just have a few things to work out. I might have to take it for a spin eventhough I should wait two days to get the FedEx with the temp tag!..

First test drive: I drove down the mountain where I live in the Sierras. I was trying out the Shaker 1000 radio at a red light and there's a red 4 cylinder Jeep Wrangler waiting behind me. Reved up the engine a little too much before I popped the clutch because the radio was on a little too loud and peeled-out when the light turned green. So I drive up the other side of the mountain turn around and come back. As I am coming back down I pass the Jeep that was at the red light at the bottom of the mountain going the other way. And as I am passing the Jeep he flips me the bird. :rant: I wonder if I kicked up a few rocks, or what? :doh: I would now like to apologize for offending anyone who is against my offensive horsepower.

I don't think I have ever been in a brotherhood? What are the rules and codes? Is there a kewl handshake, or hats and vests? (j/k)

post-6152-1177004027_thumb.jpg

post-6152-1177004027_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Site I hope this weather settles down so we all can enjoy our Shebys Good luck.

Archived