TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50th Anniversary Fender Stripes

ShelbyKR664

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those that registered later in the event didn't get the bags. I've heard some complaining that they are worried they may never get them... Maybe I should start a thread. That aint right.

Disappointed and ain't right are using polite words. I registered for Carlisle late but nonetheless online goody bag package was paid for and accepted. Arrived and was told there were no goody bags for us! Sent John email as soon as I got home to remind him that he said I would receive it! That was almost 3 months ago and not even a courtesy reply email. The biggest disappointment our black and white 50th anniversary GTS 's were purchased and we won't have fender decals that were paid for as part of the event packages.

Disappointed and ain't right are using polite words. I registered for Carlisle late but nonetheless online goody bag package was paid for and accepted. Arrived and was told there were no goody bags for us! Sent John email as soon as I got home to remind him that he said I would receive it! That was almost 3 months ago and not even a courtesy reply email. The biggest disappointment our black and white 50th anniversary GTS 's were purchased and we won't have fender decals that were paid for as part of the event packages.

Linda,

You registered for the event just days before it occurred. It clearly stated that late registrants will not receive a goodie bag. No one actually paid for these bags with the money they paid to attend the event, the cost of the bags where picked up by our sponsors. There is no way to host an event like the 50th East for the money that was paid to attend the event and the budget for the bags only cover the people that register the first four months prior to the event.

Linda, you are a respected member of Team Shelby and your attendance and efforts are much appreciated. At the event I said I would see what I could do about a bag when I got home. We would love to give you a bag but then we would have to give all the late registrants a bag and it’s not in the budget that already had some overruns that where all picked up by me.

There are a few people that did register for the event in time but did not get their bags at the event. We have a list of these participants and will be sending their bags out soon.

Linda,

You registered for the event just days before it occurred. It clearly stated that late registrants will not receive a goodie bag. No one actually paid for these bags with the money they paid to attend the event, the cost of the bags where picked up by our sponsors. There is no way to host an event like the 50th East for the money that was paid to attend the event and the budget for the bags only cover the people that register the first four months prior to the event.

Linda, you are a respected member of Team Shelby and your attendance and efforts are much appreciated. At the event I said I would see what I could do about a bag when I got home. We would love to give you a bag but then we would have to give all the late registrants a bag and it’s not in the budget that already had some overruns that where all picked up by me.

There are a few people that did register for the event in time but did not get their bags at the event. We have a list of these participants and will be sending their bags out soon.

John

This was discussed in PM, and no need to further bring it out here. But if you want the facts known, I certainly will let everyone know that I paid for the Package with Goody bags as stated on my paypal receipt 2 weeks prior to the event while it was still listed on the event page. I also purchase several event t-shirts and paid all fees to participate in entire Carlisle event. Please don't make it seem as if I am looking for something that I was not entitled to receive as part of an event giveaway.

And as I stated privately, as a collector, I wanted to have what was included to keep as part of my journal of the 50th events that I attended. When I picked up my registration documents, I was asked for my name and it was added to the list for people who did not get them because "there were not enough". I fully understand the size of these events, the efforts going into planning and the last minute registrations which potentially throw off the numbers of participants. That was a minor issue compared to the lack of response that I received to emails, facebook messages and PM's on here. A simple message saying hey, Linda, I didn't forget or I'm working on it would have never lead to the post today. But seeing as others were still waiting too, my disappointment was made known.

I have a great deal of respect for all the work done on a personal level and by all the great sponsors, all I wanted was the courtesy of a reply.

Let bygones be bygones, I have the memories and friendships that I could never replace and I will continue to attend as many events as my work schedule permits.

In the end, it is being part of the Team that has the most value.

Have a good evening, see you on the road.

Linda

50th Anniversary fender stripes now available :happy feet: along with TSNE windshield banners.

Check out the highlights of the Shelby 50th Anniversary Celebration East.

And two TSNE events have been posted for the fall of 2012

Go to: WWW.TEAMSHELBYNORTHEAST.COM

I find the stripes on your site but have a question;

If I order "one", does that include left and right side or just the left side?

Is a right side available or if I buy two sets, is the sticker separate so I can mount it on both sides?

Thanks for getting this done!

Phill Pollard

I find the stripes on your site but have a question;

If I order "one", does that include left and right side or just the left side?

Is a right side available or if I buy two sets, is the sticker separate so I can mount it on both sides?

Thanks for getting this done!

Phill Pollard

Phill,

Left side only and the 50th sticker is part of the stripe just like the 50th East event stripe was but in higher quality. I don't think we will be doing rights.

Thanks,

JK

Paypal done, at least now I know I'll definitely have them !

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine today, thanks John. Unfortunately they bent the envelope in half to get it into my mailbox and the stripes are creased right across. I hope it comes out when I put them on the car but I have a feeling it won't.

Colin

Colin

The bubble envelope should have protected it enough slight creases should come out when you squeegee it on the car. This thicker vinyl is easier to work with and when the sun hits it small imperfections tend to shrink out.

Archived