TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50th Anniversary Fender Stripes

ShelbyKR664

Did anybody mess up applying their fender gold anniversary fender stripes? I applied mine at the track and put two tears and a hole trying to get the bubbles out. They have really started to grow on me. I love the look of the stripes and what they represent. Are there any extras we can buy? I did see a few other cars with the same issue.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John is the owner of Sequoia Supply so yes that is his work email but like any business owner it's his primary contact for anything...

He is still in post-Carlisle mode and had a business function last night plus will be attending SAAC 37 through Sunday.

These gold fender stripes are widly popular and I do know he has a supply of them, My suggestion is to email him at john@decksupplies.com right away but wait for a response next week before emailing again.

Please give him some time though as with buisness and the NE events he is a bit behind. He'll respond but it might take a bit.

I spoke with him for literally a minute last evening and he is aware how popular these are. They do look awesome!

Just fyi - don't know if people were putting these on 'dry' or not, but best results are putting them on 'wet'. Just use a slightly soapy solution to spray on the fender and the stripes. Then lightly apply, move into place, and then gently squeegy. If you don't get it right, simply peel back, spray more solution and try again. Always spray squeegy as well. This works well for door stickers, and even static stickers on inside of a window. Always gives a better appearance than just applying dry...

John is the owner of Sequoia Supply so yes that is his work email but like any business owner it's his primary contact for anything...

He is still in post-Carlisle mode and had a business function last night plus will be attending SAAC 37 through Sunday.

These gold fender stripes are widly popular and I do know he has a supply of them, My suggestion is to email him at john@decksupplies.com right away but wait for a response next week before emailing again.

Please give him some time though as with buisness and the NE events he is a bit behind. He'll respond but it might take a bit.

I spoke with him for literally a minute last evening and he is aware how popular these are. They do look awesome!

Email sent.............thanks.

Just fyi - don't know if people were putting these on 'dry' or not, but best results are putting them on 'wet'. Just use a slightly soapy solution to spray on the fender and the stripes. Then lightly apply, move into place, and then gently squeegy. If you don't get it right, simply peel back, spray more solution and try again. Always spray squeegy as well. This works well for door stickers, and even static stickers on inside of a window. Always gives a better appearance than just applying dry...

Great advice...

Also, wash your hands to eliminate dirt and spray your fingers with the solution too!

I thought about putting mine on, but I don't really want the silver / gold stripe mix, and anyway my daughter said "Daddy, don't put those on your car!!" :lol:

Out of consideration for John, and everyone else you encounter on Internet Forums, please go back into you posts and edit the email address for john so every spamming machine does not bombard him. soandso@email.com = not good. so and so a t email dot com = good.

Good advice on the application. I put my on dry as a gentleman at Summit pt said it would be easier. His result was better than mine but he had sone several according to him. Live and learn..

I am at SAAC 37. If someone wants to help me put mine on the wet way I would appreciate the assistance. I have never done it that way. Otherwise I will give it a go when I get home. I'll be in the SAAC field tomorrow at The Glen with a white/silver 07 gt/sc.

I took a shot at applying mine. Lots of water and lots of patience. It turned out well I think. This counts as my first mod for the car. :) First of many I'm sure. I would like to get a hold of an extra one just to put away in a safe place.

The stickers look great on our vista blue convertible also. A word of advice for anyone trying to do it dry, a second set of hands helps to keep a slight tension on the sticker as the first person smooths it out. I helped another SGT vert. owner Saturday morning in the show field and it worked really good dry with two people. Wet is by far the easiest way.

I think that was me you helped Jeff , thanks. unfortunatly the fender decal did not withstand the rain and 82mph speed . it started

peeling and by the time I could safely pull over it was all tattered at the top. Hoping to get a replacement one . Have an email out to

John Decker for that purpose. It was nice metting you and Wendy. Don & Gina

On the behalf of Team Shelby Northeast I would like to personally thank everyone who attended The Shelby American 50th Anniversary Celebration East it definitely will go down as a historic Shelby event. Keep your eye out for an email with the highlights of the 50th East event, a site where you will be able to purchase the fender stickers and other TSNE items and details on this year’s TSNE Rocktoberfest.

Thanks again and see ya at Rocktoberfest 2012

On the behalf of Team Shelby Northeast I would like to personally thank everyone who attended The Shelby American 50th Anniversary Celebration East it definitely will go down as a historic Shelby event. Keep your eye out for an email with the highlights of the 50th East event, a site where you will be able to purchase the fender stickers and other TSNE items and details on this year’s TSNE Rocktoberfest.

Sounds great John. Thanks!!!

Dan

sounds great, can't wait to find out where and when ( please don't be between Oct 5th & 12th will be in the Bahamas).Anyways I do want to get a new 50th fender stripe.

I just bought the silver stripe (Pit Stripes) kit on ebay . But now that I know the 50th fender stripe will be available, I will not apply them till i get the 50th and then maybe I'll do

the silver pit stripes only on the passenger side

Thank you my 40th brother.

Archived