TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50th Anniversary Fender Stripes

ShelbyKR664

I would like to know why someone removed my POST w/picture about making 50th Anv. Stripes. The 50th Stripe that I received at Carlisle will NOT fit my 2011 GT500 correctly. So I went to my Sign guy to copy the decal to make the Gold Stripes longer. Does it matter were we get the 50th Anv. decal ???. I thought this forum was to give information out.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks John, plan to sell a bunch of these. I think people really like the way they look.

+1

The TSNE team that handled the Shelby 50th Anniversary Tour stop at Carlisle did a fantastic job, especially the decals. Hats off to you all. :worship:

Keep your eye out for an email with the highlights of the 50th East event, a site where you will be able to purchase the fender stickers.........

So the Gold 50th fender stickers and stripes will be available to the general public?

I'm in for a set (right and left fenders).

Phill

Put my stripes on last night. I highly recommend using positioning spray or water with small part of liquid soap added. It only takes one person. Clean the fender of dirt and wax with alcohol. Then liberally spray the fender and the stripe with positioning spray. Don't forget to spray your fingers too. It is also nice to have a squeegy too. It was sold with my positioning spray (Griots Garage). The gold is really growing on me. Thought I'd miss the red ones, but it reminds me of the 50th anniversary cars with the gold stripes.

The equipment...

IMG_4585.jpg

The results! No bubbles and looks like it's done professionally.

IMG_4583.jpg

Thanks Dan... I have an extra one.

Gold goes great with Silver...

:hysterical3: Unless it is your front teeth!!!

I took the less exotic approach - Turtle Wax "ICE" Detailer and my AARP Memebership Card (gonna get some use out of it!).

The KEY is PATIENCE!!! This is delicate "surgery" - If you're in a hurry, I promise you will screw it up everytime.

...Of course mine was installed near midnight on the 6th Level of the Wyndham's Parking garage in Winchester, VA (with the help of a third hand of another TS member).

The problem is the "transfer" is flat, and the fender is a compound curve.

Start at the top... Point the upper left stripe to the 2nd dimple (from the front) in the "crumple zone" of the insdie finder.

Concentrate on the 50th Shield placement - this will anchor the stripes correctly - add more deatailer if necessary to keep the transfer free to move.

For ease of simplicity, I placed the shield on one plane, the "flair" of the wheel opening, just below the crease with the fender.

Work from the center outwards. Secure the top stripes next - they will have ~quarter to three sixteenths inch overlap down into the fender channel where the hood sets.

I found the lower stripes to be the most difficult (where the third hand came in). Remember to keep the spacing between the stripes as you fold the transfer over the fender flair.

Work from the center outward and downward on the stripes - Save the wheel opening radius for the last detail - It will want to bend the stripes closer together so take note.

I hope this helps you do it only once. -QC

Edit note: Mine is Tungsten Gray Metallic - We all call it "Silver."

Here's mine after wet install...

2012-06-21_12-22-18_40.jpg

Man, I really like those!

I've been on the fence about putting fender stripes on my car, mainly because of the choice of colors.

I think the Gold stripes look great and will go with ANY color of car. Well, except maybe a Gold car!

Eagerly awaiting their release,

Phill

:hysterical3: Unless it is your front teeth!!!

I took the less exotic approach - Turtle Wax "ICE" Detailer and my AARP Memebership Card (gonna get some use out of it!).

The KEY is PATIENCE!!! This is delicate "surgery" - If you're in a hurry, I promise you will screw it up everytime.

...Of course mine was installed near midnight on the 6th Level of the Wyndham's Parking garage in Winchester, VA (with the help of a third hand of another TS member).

The problem is the "transfer" is flat, and the fender is a compound curve.

Start at the top... Point the upper left stripe to the 2nd dimple (from the front) in the "crumple zone" of the insdie finder.

Concentrate on the 50th Shield placement - this will anchor the stripes correctly - add more deatailer if necessary to keep the transfer free to move.

For ease of simplicity, I placed the shield on one plane, the "flair" of the wheel opening, just below the crease with the fender.

Work from the center outwards. Secure the top stripes next - they will have ~quarter to three sixteenths inch overlap down into the fender channel where the hood sets.

I found the lower stripes to be the most difficult (where the third hand came in). Remember to keep the spacing between the stripes as you fold the transfer over the fender flair.

Work from the center outward and downward on the stripes - Save the wheel opening radius for the last detail - It will want to bend the stripes closer together so take note.

I hope this helps you do it only once. -QC

Edit note: Mine is Tungsten Gray Metallic - We all call it "Silver."

You're alive! happy%20feet.gif

Looks great Rob. And you make a good point about keeping the 50th on one plane. I was too busy centering it extactly from top to bottom. :doh:

Man, I really like those!

I've been on the fence about putting fender stripes on my car, mainly because of the choice of colors.

I think the Gold stripes look great and will go with ANY color of car. Well, except maybe a Gold car!

Eagerly awaiting their release,

Phill

Not sure if I'm sold on the gold stripe mix with my silver 40th stripes...

Strips will be available soon awaiting approval from SA they are very protective over their logos. Thanks for your patient

Weren't these a give away at Carlisle?

I'm having a little bit of a problem understanding why Shelby American would be protective of something they gave away, unless someone was making a profit from them and not giving SA or CSBC a share of it....

I mean, if they GAVE them away, they didn't expect to make anything on them in the first place, no?

I'll wait patiently over here in the corner for them to be released....or not.

Phill

Weren't these a give away at Carlisle?

I'm having a little bit of a problem understanding why Shelby American would be protective of something they gave away, unless someone was making a profit from them and not giving SA or CSBC a share of it....

I mean, if they GAVE them away, they didn't expect to make anything on them in the first place, no?

I'll wait patiently over here in the corner for them to be released....or not.

Phill

Phill,

A little perspective here... Carroll Shelby has always and fiercely protected his "Brand" and everything related to it - This policy has been in place for over 50 years.

SAC President, John Luft, was the former VP of Licensing, so don't expect any changes.

As a owner, and Team Shelby member from its inception, I expect no latitude regarding trade marks, images, quotes, anything related to SAC.

I suspect this is why "BluByU" got his post pulled. He was advocating an unauthorized reproduction of a SAC owned trade mark.

Additionally, these 50th Anniversary fender stripes were NOT a give-a-way, freebee, or any other valueless item.

TS members spent hundreds of dollars to attend the TSNE Carlisle Event where these fender stripes were first introduced. They were part of the "goodie bag."

There were only one per primary registered member, period. This is why such care was needed to install, or secure them; they are very rare (at this time).

• 2 weeks later...

Phill,

A little perspective here... Carroll Shelby has always and fiercely protected his "Brand" and everything related to it - This policy has been in place for over 50 years.

SAC President, John Luft, was the former VP of Licensing, so don't expect any changes.

As a owner, and Team Shelby member from its inception, I expect no latitude regarding trade marks, images, quotes, anything related to SAC.

I suspect this is why "BluByU" got his post pulled. He was advocating an unauthorized reproduction of a SAC owned trade mark.

Additionally, these 50th Anniversary fender stripes were NOT a give-a-way, freebee, or any other valueless item.

TS members spent hundreds of dollars to attend the TSNE Carlisle Event where these fender stripes were first introduced. They were part of the "goodie bag."

There were only one per primary registered member, period. This is why such care was needed to install, or secure them; they are very rare (at this time).

Good points QC. Speaking of goodie bags. Did those that didn't get the goodie bags at the event ever get them? :headscratch:

I got my registration packet, the door decals and the fender stripes. Was there supposed to be more than that?

Yeah Chuck, there was a "goodie bag" also filled with brochures and catalogs, decals (In Honor of Carroll Shelby) I had a black 50th edition diecast in mine. I was handed mine when I got the registration packet and door decals.

Yeah Chuck, there was a "goodie bag" also filled with brochures and catalogs, decals (In Honor of Carroll Shelby) I had a black 50th edition diecast in mine. I was handed mine when I got the registration packet and door decals.

Those that registered later in the event didn't get the bags. I've heard some complaining that they are worried they may never get them... Maybe I should start a thread. That aint right.

Archived