TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'13 Shelby vs. '09 Z06

most owners use their cars at the strip and for roll racing, very few actually track the car...its all in fun

Absolutely right.

I was just saying that the engineering is way apart between those cars.

The initial use intended for them is quite different.

It's like making a comparison between a top notch rodeo quarter horse and a horse racing purebred.

I don't know why people use the different classes excuse with a shelby and a vette. Maybe if we were comparing to an exotic then I'd say yea you can't compare this to say an aventador. Cars in the same price range should always be compared. So I would not compare this to a zr1 or maybe a new z06/z07. But certain the base models, grand sport, and base z06 models. The fact that this car can run with the zo6 shows an amazing leap foward in the egineering quality that went behind the car.

This car has ford gt super car levels of performance. Jamaal stated its faster around a road course and its faster in the 1/4 mile. Ford is following in the Nissan's foot steps like the GTR. Which is offering a super awesome ass car that either rapes or keeps up with ones 100k more than it.

This is how cars should be egineered. Carol Shelby was 100% right in saying a "super" car needs to be made that the working man can afford.

I don't know why people use the different classes excuse with a shelby and a vette. Maybe if we were comparing to an exotic then I'd say yea you can't compare this to say an aventador. Cars in the same price range should always be compared. So I would not compare this to a zr1 or maybe a new z06/z07. But certain the base models, grand sport, and base z06 models. The fact that this car can run with the zo6 shows an amazing leap foward in the egineering quality that went behind the car.

This car has ford gt super car levels of performance. Jamaal stated its faster around a road course and its faster in the 1/4 mile. Ford is following in the Nissan's foot steps like the GTR. Which is offering a super awesome ass car that either rapes or keeps up with ones 100k more than it.

This is how cars should be egineered. Carol Shelby was 100% right in saying a "super" car needs to be made that the working man can afford.

I still have to see a GT500 challenge a Z06 or a ZR1 on a road race track...given they are all driven by competent drivers. :hysterical:

But you are right when you introduce the price tag into the equation! I agree. The GT500 is quite a deal. :rockon:

I still have to see a GT500 challenge a Z06 or a ZR1 on a road race track...given they are all driven by competent drivers. :hysterical:

But you are right when you introduce the price tag into the equation! I agree. The GT500 is quite a deal. :rockon:

People thinking the shelby will have a chance against a ZR1 is just wishfult thinking. Given how the shelby is now faster around a track than a ford gt, one could assume it will hold its own against the z06 at least (untill heat soak). If it is true that the z06 and FGT were on the same level around a track which I believe I read or heard somewhere though I am not sure about this.

People thinking the shelby will have a chance against a ZR1 is just wishfult thinking. Given how the shelby is now faster around a track than a ford gt, one could assume it will hold its own against the z06 at least (untill heat soak). If it is true that the z06 and FGT were on the same level around a track which I believe I read or heard somewhere though I am not sure about this.

We shall see. There will be some tests I presume.

A good one such as the "2012 Road and Track at Laguna Seca with Randy Pobst"

There was a huge gap between the Z06 and the GT500 until now. Has it changed that much?

In my opinion the attractiveness of the new GT500 does NOT depend on that.

Cheers! :beerchug:

Whatever the outcome, the difference certainly isn't worth the $60B or so and the collateral damage inflicted to keep Z06 in the marketplace - especially after robbing the better part of the parts bin from an $80K 'Vette and a $70K Caddy to sell a $60K Camaro.

Whatever the outcome, the difference certainly isn't worth the $60B or so and the collateral damage inflicted to keep Z06 in the marketplace - especially after robbing the better part of the parts bin from an $80K 'Vette and a $70K Caddy to sell a $60K Camaro.

+1... err... I mean + $60B

• 2 years later...

Archived