TEAM SHELBY FORUM

need opinions

svt13

Does anyone think its a waste of money to put a carbon fiber spoiler on this car? I wasn't going to do it because I thought I had to buy a new stripe kit but ford does the strips in pieces so it would only cost like 150 to get the stripes for the trunk again. But I'm wondering would a carbon fiber spoiler look good on a black shelby with the black stripes going through the carbon fiber spoiler like on the regular spoiler? Thanks in advance for input.

I think that would look really cool, especially if you keep the look of the car "balanced". By that I mean, it would look better if you also had CF parts elsewhere on the exterior. Mixing CF & plastic parts might look incomplete. My 2 cents. Good luck and enjoy.

I think that would look really cool, especially if you keep the look of the car "balanced". By that I mean, it would look better if you also had CF parts elsewhere on the exterior. Mixing CF & plastic parts might look incomplete. My 2 cents. Good luck and enjoy.

Right now I have a CF hood vent, mirror cover, and rocker panel coming. I'm going to get the rear diffuser and front splitter when they are made. So I was debating on the hood but I would paint it to match the rest of the car, but the stock CF hood from Seibon is 1200 dollars, and I don't know if its worth that plus painting and installing just to lower the weight bias to 56/44 from 57/43.

So I was thinking though with the other carbon fiber parts since my car is black would a carbon fiber spoiler with the stripes like on the regular spoiler look good, or should I just keep it black? I feel the plastic parts being carbon fiber keep the 'balanced" look.

Plus I was debating having the center console, and radio bezel, plus the polished parts of the vents overlayed with REAL carbon fiber, not the fake vinly or any other overlay crap. This overlay gets clear coated and all that other jazz. What you think about that?

I would also do the dash but apparently I can not since if the airbag is deployed there is a chance the overlay would shoot right off.

Archived