TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Top 20 Best Of Show at Carlisle

1. Wow, what a great event!. Thanks Andy, Tony, and John and all the TS members for this amazing event. I was in shock to see three 40th's in the top 20 Best Of Show out of all those beautiful Shelbys. SSSNAKE, it was a pleasure talking to you and your son, your car was truly amazing and very well displayed. :salute: You guys sure did a fine job wipping it down. :poke: Congrats to Both Bobs for being in the top twenty and that other Florida boy John, with his White Super Snake 427. Flyboy, wish we had more time to do more hanger talk, you should have taken Slabo up with that bad mag. :hysterical2: Thanks guys for making this one the best of all car events I have been to. :drool:

The pic of my car was taken from ShelbyEra08 http://s1119.photobu...rd%20Nationals/

DSC_0249.jpg

Thanks Todd.. I was really looking forward seeing you and your car there but maybe some other time. Hope things are getting better with your family issues. From reading some posts and watching videos, I see the 40th's were something to be very proud of at Summit Point, wonder which 40th was the fastest?

It was great to meet and talk you Don and congrats as well! Your car was looking sweet! My wife and I had a terrific time and I agree the guys did a great job putting on this event. Here is my pic.

P1030487.jpg

Thanks Don, it was really great meeting you guys, my son and I had a great time!

Congrats on your win too as you have a very special car.

Bob, it was nice seeing you again and meeting your lovely wife Pam and your car is as beautiful as always (luvin that roll bar!)

Bob, (07REDGT500) great conversation as usual and the kids hit it off as I knew they would.

Anton, Great meeting you and I'll be talking to you about the "caps". You, Bob, the kids and I have to get together since we live pretty close to "yoose".

John, great seeing you and the wife again and congrats on your car being chosen for display and you're going to have to introduce me to your boy's down at Piper Motorsports!

Dan, where was you? You missed an incredible show!

What's so great about these shows are not even so much the fantastic machines but the camaraderie and wonderfull friendships forged in the process. We are really looking forward to the next big meet and It would be really great to get all the 40th guys (and girls) together for a family photo.

Just received a email with a picture of me receiving my award from John Luft, Gary Paterson along with the Shelby Girls. As soon as I figure out how to post it, I will. For now here is a pic of my award which is still hard to believe. Bob tell Pam it was great meeting her.

John, I put 5 miles on the car driving from the trailer to the show, hope that makes you feel better. Now I'm up to a grand total of 86 miles. :P

IMG_1287.jpg

Great finally meeting you Don and your daughter. Adam and I sure had a great time both on the track and at Carlisle.

Thanks for posting the pictures Bob.

Congrats to all the recipients of the awards.

Thanks for posting the pics Bob, I am totally techno-challenged. It took me a while to figure out who that old guy was holding the plaque. Oh yea, it's me. It is a good thing that you are only as old as you feel, instead of as old as you look. (When driving the Boss, I am 18 again.) As you can tell by the "deer in headlights" look, I was in total shock. What an honor.

I can't say enough about how great this show was and the surprises just kept coming. First, the perfect drive up to Carlisle, taking my daughter to Gettysburg, seeing all the wonderful cars, meeting 40th owners, who are an amazing group of people. Then out of the blue winning a top 20 award. After all that I had a wonderful time driving back to Florida. Thanks Bob for the help and all of you.

A special thanks to Scott, (stngfever), and Cliff (Rumors) for making this event special for Jenny and I.

Craig, sorry I SCREWED up yesterday, She is back in the garage, under cover, recuperating from that long 2300 mile trip in the trailer.

Bob, I think we won because of the double secret coil covers, and how come your picture has more Shelby girls in it? If I could have put the Boss on top of the trailer, I would have been on the track with you guys. It was a pleasure meeting you and Adam.

Once again thanks Andy, Tony, and John for this amazing event. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Don

Great meeting you as well, Don. Sorry we didn't have more time to talk - the weekend was a blurr. You really need to drive that car, dammit. It was so cool seeing Bob F. finally turning some good laps - and it cleaned up just fine. I think there's something to be said for the cars that actually see some track time. We can appreciate them both in the garage - and on the track. You should have seen Adam G. throwing Bob's baby around. Thing of beauty.

Great meeting you as well, Don. Sorry we didn't have more time to talk - the weekend was a blurr. You really need to drive that car, dammit. It was so cool seeing Bob F. finally turning some good laps - and it cleaned up just fine. I think there's something to be said for the cars that actually see some track time. We can appreciate them both in the garage - and on the track. You should have seen Adam G. throwing Bob's baby around. Thing of beauty.

Thing of beauty is right. Gary Patterson came up to us on the second day of tracking and was asking who was driving the red 40th. We all pointed at Adam. Then Gary said that it was some impressive driving. When Gary calls your driving impressive I think you have got some skills. Way to go Adam!

John, I remember Bob F talking about Adam being a good driver on the forum, but to catch Gary's eye he must be an exceptional driver. Well done Adam. I'm still trying to get the heel and toe braking thing down going into the apex. Well, the good news is when I was at Miller Motorsports Park nobody noticed me. After 15-20 minutes on the track I was exhausted and needed a two hour break and a big drink before the next session.

QA1O0764.jpg

John, I remember Bob F talking about Adam being a good driver on the forum, but to catch Gary's eye he must be an exceptional driver. Well done Adam. I'm still trying to get the heel and toe braking thing down going into the apex. Well, the good news is when I was at Miller Motorsports Park nobody noticed me. After 15-20 minutes on the track I was exhausted and needed a two hour break and a big drink before the next session.

QA1O0764.jpg

That must be your Boss Don, SAWEEET!

Can someone post pics of the 3 winning cars?

I don't think they have a pic of them together but they belong to members:

GT67

SLABO

07REDGT500

They all are regulars on this site (40th).

He will once he get's one! (Subliminal urging, he dosen't see this).

The whole "chev" thing just ain't workin 'round here. lol

Wondered how long it would take before someone made a comment about my forum name! Really should be luvcars! I do like many makes and models. Shelby fan for a long time but have yet to own one!

Wondered how long it would take before someone made a comment about my forum name! Really should be luvcars! I do like many makes and models. Shelby fan for a long time but have yet to own one!

Sure, I think most of us feel the same but (I for one) have always come home to the Shelby's.

But your screen name was too much to resist. :)

SO, when you buying that 40th?

Archived