TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Same day, Same dyno....no excuses

according to the GM guys, the mag ride will kill the shelby, forget the drag race they are giving lessons on to launch a automatic?! seriously? :hysterical:

either way if the shelby wins at everything the excuse will be : " well what did Ford run at the 'ring?" or " shelby is ugly or we sell more V6 camaros" its ridiculous at this point :rant2:

in due time, we will see....

They have very similar power to weight ratios.

Huh?

The Shelby GT500 has more HP and weighs less than the Camaro.

What am I missing?

Phill

I was comparing the '12 GT500 to the '12 zl1.

Ah, okay. That's the part I was missing.

Phill

Going to have to get one. It is putting down the same HP as mine compleatly stock.Just WOW!! December will be a good time to go looking for a new rag top. Time to build a second garage, guess the stable will be growing.

Would be integrating to see. Bet it would be close. During the "King of the Road" series they raced the 2012 GT350 against porche turbo, Lamborghini, Ferrari, and the z06. The z was the closest one but the GT350 beat it by 4 seconds which is an eternity on a road coarse. Some claim the GT350 had the advantage because of how good Gary can drive and his home track. Even if that is the case I don't think it was a 4 second advantage. Maybe 2 but not 4.

The GT350 should be pretty close in performance to the 13 GT500.

Would be integrating to see. Bet it would be close. During the "King of the Road" series they raced the 2012 GT350 against porche turbo, Lamborghini, Ferrari, and the z06. The z was the closest one but the GT350 beat it by 4 seconds which is an eternity on a road coarse. Some claim the GT350 had the advantage because of how good Gary can drive and his home track. Even if that is the case I don't think it was a 4 second advantage. Maybe 2 but not 4.

The GT350 should be pretty close in performance to the 13 GT500.

...on a road course.

For the bow tie boys that want to compare the same year only, then say ok, let's compare 2013 to 2013. The 2012 vs. 2012 is pretty darn close with the Camaro pulling ahead in some areas like HP. But others are pretty equal. 2013 vs. 2013, really no contest any longer there. Eventhough the Chevy vs. Ford thing here will always play out, it's great to see what is going on, as I can't imagine we will see much better. These are the good times!! Cherrish what we are being given now. Certainly both awesome machines!! I'm just glad to be in the blue oval camp right now!

...on a road course.

Shouldn't be that big at the 1/4 mile either. MM & FF claim mid Elleven's in their test and some say 12:00 flat. Launch control on 13 would defiantly help especially for the non-pro.

But the 350 was designed for road course rather 1/4. Hell...FORD had to try to best the 350 seeing it was faster than the 11/12 GT500. The 350 is supposed to better than SS on the Road course 2.

Well, on the dyno, the Shelby has it; the 1/4 mile would be a good test; I think the Z has it on the road courses.

the shelby is faster than the FGT around a road course. How could you think the pig ZL1 could best it on the road course when its faster than the american super car?

evolutions car...

You sure that's a '13? The only other '13 I've heard run a quarter had a long long LONNNNNG first gear on it and they're supposed to run the 1/4 in 3 gears, not 4.

Whatever that is, it sounds NASTY.

Phill

You sure that's a '13? The only other '13 I've heard run a quarter had a long long LONNNNNG first gear on it and they're supposed to run the 1/4 in 3 gears, not 4.

Whatever that is, it sounds NASTY.

Phill

Phill,

Click on the YouTube icon in the lower right hand corner so you can launch the video in full screen mode. Now freeze the playback at the 10 second mark. See the dual exhaust tips and recessed rear lights? Yep... that's the new 2013 beast!

Archived