TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carlisle Trip Stats

Rarecat

Before we left Gainesville, Florida for the event, I reset all the trip computer settings. Now that we are back home, I thought I'd post these up. The GT-500 performed well!

2242 total miles

19.8 MPG average

114.1 Gallons of gas used

44:12 Hours/Minutes seat time....

Before we left Gainesville, Florida for the event, I reset all the trip computer settings. Now that we are back home, I thought I'd post these up. The GT-500 performed well!

2242 total miles

19.8 MPG average

114.1 Gallons of gas used

44:12 Hours/Minutes seat time....

That's good!

For my round-trip from Connecticut in my Shelby GT:

960 total miles

36.9 gallons of gas used

26 MPG average

21.50 hours/minutes seat time

I averaged 21 MPG, which included some stop and go traffic and a lot of revving.

Had it not been for that I would have averaged 25-26 MPG at 75-80 MPH.

The Shelby is actually the most economical car I've ever owned. :hysterical:

25 mpg over 794 miles. Not bad considering quite a bit of time was spent sitting in traffic getting into the Carlisle Fairground and then of course there was the parade too!

Hard to believe that we SGT owners had to pay a $1,000 gas guzzler tax when we bought our cars back in 2007! Not that I'm complaining... I'll take the SGT over a Prius any day! :peelout:

yellow pony

I must have a aluminum car or something

I drove 898 miles, avg 27.7 getting there, 21.2 Fri/Sat 28.3 returning home avg 71mph home. I even hit traffic in DC. Stopped fully 3 or 4 times maybe 30 minutes of stop and go traffic. Great mileage for an 8 cyl.

I must have a aluminum car or something

I drove 898 miles, avg 27.7 getting there, 21.2 Fri/Sat 28.3 returning home avg 71mph home. I even hit traffic in DC. Stopped fully 3 or 4 times maybe 30 minutes of stop and go traffic. Great mileage for an 8 cyl.

Actually I got 28.0 average on the way down from CT to WV, however after the Poker Run to Carlisle, the 5 drag races at Quarter Aces, and the stop & go around Carlisle, my average went down to a mere 26.0!

Drove a little over 1600 miles round trip, filled up six times. Best mpg was one leg averaging 75 mph at 26.0 mpg. Worst was a 21.8 on the way back running 80 + (bounced off the rev limiter in 4th once) trying to get back for a late afternoon medical appointment (actually got there early). Amazed at the gas mileage. I think if I actually set the cruise at 60 mph and didn't touch it, I could get 30 mpg on level ground. A far cry from my 1970 428 SCJ Mustang with 4.30 gears 40 years ago. It got 5 to 7 in town and 10 mpg on the highway if you stayed under 60 mph and out of the four-barrel carb. Fantastic cars and mine's a daily driver with over 25,000 miles.

Drove a little over 1600 miles round trip, filled up six times. Best mpg was one leg averaging 75 mph at 26.0 mpg. Worst was a 21.8 on the way back running 80 + (bounced off the rev limiter in 4th once) trying to get back for a late afternoon medical appointment (actually got there early). Amazed at the gas mileage. I think if I actually set the cruise at 60 mph and didn't touch it, I could get 30 mpg on level ground. A far cry from my 1970 428 SCJ Mustang with 4.30 gears 40 years ago. It got 5 to 7 in town and 10 mpg on the highway if you stayed under 60 mph and out of the four-barrel carb. Fantastic cars and mine's a daily driver with over 25,000 miles.

Yep, I remember those MPG's as a kid. It's amazing what today's muscle cars are capable of with both power and efficiency. I wonder also what sort of MGP I would achieve w/ some level ground, like Florida for example. Mine is always hills and mountains included.

Archived