TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mid America

doc scott

Mid America is only a week and a half away, looking forward to seeing lots of old friends and making new ones! Local weatherman has stated we should be in a normal pattern, lows in the mid-upper 60s and highs around 90, lets hope they are right!

We kick off with Oklahoma Ford Dealers Driving School on Wed at Hallett and keep rolling until the Car Show on Sunday!

Can't wait!

Doc Scott

You will find out why we are in our 38th year, the event that never sleeps, and why Mustang Monthly always lists us as one of the top event in the US!

Not that we are proud or anything....

Doc Scott

07SGT0547, on 07 June 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

So what's up with the SA2010 Helmet Rating??? Shouldn't it be the current SA2005 as a minimum???

2012 Survival Guide (pg. 6) even says "A 10 year life is reasonable for a helmet."

So if I bought my SA2005 rated helmet in 2007, why is it out of date only 5 years later???

Should be acceptable until at least 2015... Maybe this was just a typo

To clarify:

Mid America has SA2010 helmet requirements for HALLETT. If you have a SA2005 we will tell you the helmet is approaching its life span and needs replaced soon (you can run).

We do this in advance to give plenty of notice, but more important if someone looking to buy a helmet doesn't buy the one on sale cheap because it is almost outdated and only use it a couple of times. SA2000 helmets or older will not be permitted.

I hope this helps and be safe!

Randy

I was ask to pass on the 2010 issue, I have, better safe than sorry, note Randy has 2 new 2010s ready to go, Drag racers, a Collander and leather strap works!

Ok not really, you need a helmet, no motorcycle helmets, but 2005 is Golden!!

Doc Scott

I don't make the news, I just report what I'm ask to report

Carry On!!

I was ask to pass on the 2010 issue, I have, better safe than sorry, note Randy has 2 new 2010s ready to go, Drag racers, a Collander and leather strap works!

Ok not really, you need a helmet, no motorcycle helmets, but 2005 is Golden!!

Doc Scott

I don't make the news, I just report what I'm ask to report

Carry On!!

OK, so does this mean that I can use my 2005 in addition to the brand new 2010 that I bought for track days at Hallett?

Our insurance wants 2010, drags cool with leather football helmets, Hallett at COMA events, 2005 good, Heathcock Ins says 2010, I have been ask to pass this on, personally I feel my vintage easy rider Capt America should be good, I don't make the rules, just don't get to play if I ignore them!

Positive note, daughters 96 Cobra in and out of shop, Rocky Hale got new flywheel, clutch, and clutch cable so she can beat on boys!!

Doc Scott

Archived