TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 50th East Thanks from the "Dodge" Shelby attendee

Denny Viola

Just wanted to post a note with my thanks for an incredible weekend experience with my 89 Shelby CSX and all of you TS members, and I cannot thank all of you enough for the hospitality. Several of us from the Shelby Dodge Auto Club discussed attending this event over on our forum, and I was the only one that actually registered and attended. Wanted to recognize a few of you that went out of your way to make me feel welcome. In chronological order there was Jim from Wisconsin who introduced himself at Summit Point almost before my car rolled to a stop Friday morning. Ray and Kevin from Ottowa were great friends in the show field all weekend. Frank and Jean from Florida made sure to include me into their conversations at the banquet, and Jean even showed others at the table pictures she had taken of my car. I met many others and cannot remember names although I will always remember the kindness, positive comments and good-natured ribbing. Special thanks to the TS member that gave me a copy of the Saturday edition of the Carlisle Sentinel newspaper that had myself and my car on the cover. Can't help but think some reporter is in hot water and undergoing remedial vehicle recognition training for putting a "Dodge" on the newspaper cover at the Ford event.....

Considering all the goodies, food, entertainment, etc. that was made available this weekend, I'm not sure how the event breaks even. An incredible value for the price. Many incredible insights and videos from the banquet speakers, and keeping dry during it all was a huge plus. Appreciate the opportunity to interact with you all, learn more about the many different Shelby models, and all of the lessons I learned about the many options available to Shelby enthusiasts. Had a couple rough spots with the Carlisle folks as several times I had to convince them my car was a Shelby - nearly missed the grand entrance and was not allowed to join with the Shelby group for the downtown parade. Had to register as a Shelby Mustang even though they told me we would work out the registration. These are just minor learning opportunities for me for future events. It is my sincere hope you will allow the Shelby Dodges to be included in future events as well. My take-away from this event are the insights into Carroll Shelby, the legacy that lives on in all his fans, and the good people that make up these fans..

Just a note to planners - I am local to Carlisle (live in Middletown, 20 miles away) and would be willing to volunteer any help for future events.

Mr. Keller and All, I extend a sincere Thank You again for the great experience and Regards.

Denny Viola

It was great to meet you Denny, glad you came out! BTW, I spotted a Shelby Dodge in Harrisburg (actually Steelton) on Front street. It was Blue and Silver and sitting at an old gas station.....looks like it needs to be saved!

Frank

That is 89 CSX 293 with myself on board. Pic was taken as I was pulling into Summit Point. Didn't get the gentleman's name as we just waved to each other while I was rolling to the line up. Thanks a bunch for sharing the pic. Was so impressed with the vehicles and occupied with chatting with the owners that I forgot to take any pictures during the brief time there Friday morning.

Thanks again.

Denny

It was great to meet you Denny, glad you came out! BTW, I spotted a Shelby Dodge in Harrisburg (actually Steelton) on Front street. It was Blue and Silver and sitting at an old gas station.....looks like it needs to be saved!

Frank

Was a pleasure meeting you and Jean as well. Made my day at the banquet. Will keep an eye out next time through Steelton, maybe someone could use it. The earlier ones usually are rusty beyond repair if they are sitting.

Denny

Denny,

Sorry I didn't get to meet you but thanks for joining us. If it's a Shelby, you are alright by me!

Appreciate the thoughts. The CSX rolled out of the Whittier, California Shelby facility which sadly is no longer standing. It has all the Shelby documentation and is titled in Pa.as a Shelby. 1989 was the last year of Shelby factory modification of Chrysler vehicles.

Archived