TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 GT500 SVT Track Package Question

Snoopy49

No word yet. Though it would be nice for people who thought they didn't need it and then changed their minds. I wouldn't mind just having the transmission cooler. Though I think it looks ugly in the front grill area

Unless you drive at very high speeds for extended periods of time, I can't see much need for the rear axle & transmission coolers. I would be interested in the engine oil cooler if it could be proven that it would help on a hot day in stop and go traffic. I don't know how well it would work without an electric fan to help with airflow at lower speeds.

get a remote starter along with a badass viper alarm?

I already am :). Remote start is mandatory for black cars IMO

I may take this car twice a year to a road course just for fun. I doubt I need the track pack for that. And it was already stated drag strip guys don't need it.

Am I correct that shifter is slightly different on cars with "trac pack"?

I thought I read somewhere that the shifter balls were different between the SVT Performance Package and the Non Performance package cars. With SVTPP - no race stripes and Non SVTPP - race stripes.

2013 GT500 non-SVTPP with race striped shifter ball.

This is Chris!'s car from SVT Performance

536014_10150845535213339_1890418268_n.jpg

I don't like the stripes on the shifter ball. But thats because I think the shifter ball looks stupid in white in a black interior. It looks completely out of place in that color. If I could I would get that black shifter ball from MGW that has the grey stripes to match my car. But they only fit on the MGW shifters sadly.

I don't like the stripes on the shifter ball. But thats because I think the shifter ball looks stupid in white in a black interior. It looks completely out of place in that color. If I could I would get that black shifter ball from MGW that has the grey stripes to match my car. But they only fit on the MGW shifters sadly.

This may be a suitable substitute. Available with Cobra or 6-Speed pattern.

COMPOSITE RACE KNOB

Reverse is to the right and up on my '13. Begs a question - on my '05 GTO with the Tremec - there is a reverse lockout when the car is above 5 MPH - just so you don't accidentally hit reverse in spirited driving - does the '13 Shelby have the same thing? I have been a little cautious going into 5th because I don't know if it has the lockout.

From the 2013 Mustang Owners Manual:

Reverse

Note: The gearshift lever can only be moved to R (Reverse) by pushing the knob down before shifting to reverse. This is a lockout feature which protects the transmission from accidentally engaging R (Reverse) when intending to select 1 (First).

1. Make sure that your vehicle is at a complete stop before you shift into R (Reverse). Failure to do so may damage the transmission.

2. Press the clutch pedal to the floor to disengage clutch.

3. Shift into R (Reverse) by pushing the gearshift knob down, then moving the lever fully to the left, then forward.

Note: Do not press down on the shifter during any operation other than shifting to R (Reverse), as you may be inhibited from selecting your desired gear.

If R (Reverse) is not fully engaged, press the clutch pedal down and return the gearshift to the neutral position. Release the clutch pedal for a moment, then press it down and shift to R (Reverse) again.

The 2013 Mustang Owners Manual shows reverse on the left of the knob and the GT500 supplement shows reverse on the right. Go figure.

It looks like the reverse lockout feature on the GT500 prevents you from shifting into reverse when you are going for fifth gear.

Reverse is to the right and up on my '13. Begs a question - on my '05 GTO with the Tremec - there is a reverse lockout when the car is above 5 MPH - just so you don't accidentally hit reverse in spirited driving - does the '13 Shelby have the same thing? I have been a little cautious going into 5th because I don't know if it has the lockout.

every mustang now has reverse lock out. Besides you have to push the shifter in and to the right to get reverse anyways. Are you pushing the shifter in everytime you shift? lol

Not a fan of the push down reverse thing. Reminds me of my cousins old Volkswagen I had to drive it home from a party due to his alcohol consumption. Fortunately he was awake enough to tell me how to get the bloody thing in reverse. There's got to be a better way than push down reverse.

Joe

Thanks for the info.

I have been thinking of adding it to my order and just wanted to see what kind of wiggle room the dealer had on the price. The car is already ordered and this would be icing on the cake for the dealer.

Archived