TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For those who are financing their '13 GT500....

For the new GT500 owners that are financing their car or have already gotten their car and have the financing arranged...what interest rate do you think you will get or what rate do you have if already financed? My credit union is offering 2.59%. Does Ford have 0% on these cars? Probably not!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whatever Ford gives me, im going to my credit union immediately to get a good rate. I might try to arrange the credit union financing ahead of time but ill give ford the chance to try and beat it....rates vary on length of term, right now mine has a 60 month for 3.4

If you're with a credit union, just tell them the rate that you've been offered from elsewhere and they sometimes will offer you a better apr. I always done that with all my vehicles and was always offered 1-2% below the apr that was offered through other financing agencies.

I am rebuilding my credit and it is barely in the 700s. I got a 3.79% Rate (Lowest I have ever recieved in comparison to my previous 2 vehicles 15.9% and 9.5%) for 48 months after putting down $35,000.00

So I am not sure what most people will get with good credit (I would venture to say the vast majority of prospective buyers applying for credit with the Shelby have WAY better credit than I)

I got my car for $64K Fully loaded Convertible. I got in on a great GREAT lottery deal to purchase under MSRP. So I have paid for more than 50% of the car before taxes, which I will just pay outright at delivery.

Most people have it way better than I. I just got lucky on the whole under MSRP thing, or I wouldn't have stood a chance I think!

For the new GT500 owners that are financing their car or have already gotten their car and have the financing arranged...what interest rate do you think you will get or what rate do you have if already financed? My credit union is offering 2.59%. Does Ford have 0% on these cars? Probably not!!!

my bank gave me a rate of 2.9% and the ford dealer said he would try to beat or at a min match it.

I'm going through SECU and have 1.99% on my Boss for 72. This is with the payment coming out of my credit union account. If not than it would be 2.24%. The best bank rate the dealer could get me was 3.21%.

Seen that Ford has these rates until July 2nd

1.9% for 24 months

1.9% for 36 months

2.9% for 48 months

3.9% for 60 months

5.9% for 72 months

My goodnes. Financing a car and in this case a non essential toy for 72 months is insane and even worse at that rate. A guy who finances say 50 grand here for 6 years @ 5.9% can endure 72 months of $826 per month. Yuk! What is even more ridiculous is the nearly $10,000 in interest charges. Absolutely crazy.

My goodnes. Financing a car and in this case a non essential toy for 72 months is insane and even worse at that rate. A guy who finances say 50 grand here for 6 years @ 5.9% can endure 72 months of $826 per month. Yuk! What is even more ridiculous is the nearly $10,000 in interest charges. Absolutely crazy.

So You will buy one at the Auction and get a beat POS that you will tell anyone that will listen, Ford builds Crap.. YEA Right!

Wow, is that intended to make sense or are you functionally illiterate?

Lets make this as Clear as possible.. You have nothing good to say about anything.. You PUT YOURSELF out there as some kind of authority on all kinds of subjects that it is more than clear you don't know a thing about..You have been called a troll by others on this board and yet you still try to sway members with your very negative BS.. If you don't get this MESSAGE than it is CLEAR who is Functionally ILLITERATE...

Meds didn't kick in today?

Ford has never incentivized price or financing for GT500. The closest they came was sneaking-in 2012 GT500 under X-Plan to give 2013 as clean a slate as possible.

Hand wringing over 2.5% just isn't worthwhile.

Really? Do you have experience with PenFed? Anyone can join??

Edit: Never mind. Looks like you need to be armed forces. :banghead::banghead:

No you can join for $25 and they just financed my 2013 convertible at 1.99% fr 60 months.

Yes, I became a member of PenFed a year ago by joining one of two groups for $25 which allows a membership application to be approved. I joined in anticipation of buying the best car I could afford in 2012. SVT made it an easy choice when the 2013 Shelby was announced. They just financed my 2013 convertible at 1.99% for 60 months. They offer this rate for used vehicles as well.

When you fax your buyers order and two pay stubs after approval, call customer service back to have someone physically look for your paperwork. Mine was "never received". I faxed it again last night and it was received. They answer phones until 11 PM Eastern. The same thing happened to a family member last year. She had to fax her docs a second time but received 1.99% on a used Toyota Corolla.

My dealer enthusiastically offered that I drive the car off the lot yesterday even though the check hadn't arrived. Now that I know it will definitely be here Monday or Tuesday, I just might do that today! I have a lot of patience but ever since seeing it at the dealership on Thursday evening it has been tough waiting! Triple black PP stripe delete at $1k below MSRP, which I thoroughly appreciated.

The dilemma; do I wait until Monday or Tuesday or do I pick it up today? What a fun dilemma to have!

No you can join for $25 and they just financed my 2013 convertible at 1.99% fr 60 months.

that's cool, I was looking at them as well, seems like you just have to sign up with one of the groups they mnetion: voices for troops or National Military Family Assoc

i was looking at the PenFed website, they have something called a Payment Saver Auto loan, it almost looks like a mix of loan and lease payment plan. I'm not a finance guy so can anyone explain how this works?

Payment Saver Auto Loans:

How It Works

With Payment Saver Auto Loans, you will be able to make a lower payment than what the conventional auto loan would offer, yet at a higher interest rate. Then, at the end of the loan, you will owe the remaining balance of the loan itself. At this juncture, you may choose to pay off the loan or sell, trade, or refinance the vehicle.

Your Payment Saver Auto Loan payment is calculated based on the loan term, the amount you have requested, and the residual value of the vehicle. The residual is the expected value of your vehicle at the end of your loan term.

The difference between your loan amount requested and the residual value is amortized over the loan term, resulting in a low monthly payment without the danger of your becoming upside-down in the loan.

*Internet only special rate. Higher rate will be assessed if you do not apply online.

**Not a guarantee to refinance. Refinancing subject to Pentagon Federal current creditworthiness standards.

The residual value of the vehicle after the loan term is an estimation. We cannot guarantee this value. The residual value is subject to current used car market conditions and depends on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the mileage the car has been driven and the condition of the car at the end of the loan term.

Trucks, Vans, Crossover Vehicles, Smart cars and SUVs are not eligible as Payment Saver Loan vehicle types. This restriction includes hybrid trucks and SUVs as well.

Pre-approved drafts no longer available for Payment Saver loans.

NEW VEHICLES: Never titled; Current and previous model year.

USED VEHICLES: Current model year and up to 2 previous model years, as well as all new vehicle model years.

The vehicle mileage may not exceed 15,000 miles per year based on the model year.

Loan terms from 24 to 60 months and depend on model year and amount borrowed. Used car loan value based on NADA Retail Value. Other restrictions may apply. Call 800-247-5626 for details.

Loan Payment Example: A $40,000 new auto financed at 2.74% APR; 60 monthly payments of approximately $329 each, with a final balloon payment of approximately $25,054. $40,000 new auto financed at 2.24% APR; 48 monthly payments of approximately $287 each, with a final balloon payment of approximately $29,637.

i was looking at the PenFed website, they have something called a Payment Saver Auto loan, it almost looks like a mix of loan and lease payment plan. I'm not a finance guy so can anyone explain how this works?

Payment Saver Auto Loans:

How It Works

With Payment Saver Auto Loans, you will be able to make a lower payment than what the conventional auto loan would offer, yet at a higher interest rate. Then, at the end of the loan, you will owe the remaining balance of the loan itself. At this juncture, you may choose to pay off the loan or sell, trade, or refinance the vehicle.

Your Payment Saver Auto Loan payment is calculated based on the loan term, the amount you have requested, and the residual value of the vehicle. The residual is the expected value of your vehicle at the end of your loan term.

The difference between your loan amount requested and the residual value is amortized over the loan term, resulting in a low monthly payment without the danger of your becoming upside-down in the loan.

*Internet only special rate. Higher rate will be assessed if you do not apply online.

**Not a guarantee to refinance. Refinancing subject to Pentagon Federal current creditworthiness standards.

The residual value of the vehicle after the loan term is an estimation. We cannot guarantee this value. The residual value is subject to current used car market conditions and depends on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the mileage the car has been driven and the condition of the car at the end of the loan term.

Trucks, Vans, Crossover Vehicles, Smart cars and SUVs are not eligible as Payment Saver Loan vehicle types. This restriction includes hybrid trucks and SUVs as well.

Pre-approved drafts no longer available for Payment Saver loans.

NEW VEHICLES: Never titled; Current and previous model year.

USED VEHICLES: Current model year and up to 2 previous model years, as well as all new vehicle model years.

The vehicle mileage may not exceed 15,000 miles per year based on the model year.

Loan terms from 24 to 60 months and depend on model year and amount borrowed. Used car loan value based on NADA Retail Value. Other restrictions may apply. Call 800-247-5626 for details.

Loan Payment Example: A $40,000 new auto financed at 2.74% APR; 60 monthly payments of approximately $329 each, with a final balloon payment of approximately $25,054. $40,000 new auto financed at 2.24% APR; 48 monthly payments of approximately $287 each, with a final balloon payment of approximately $29,637.

This looks like a lease with a new name to me.

Penfed is the best, No doubt about it. I use them for my main bank and with their Penfed cash rewards visa card, you recieve a 5% statement credit each month for all gas purchases. That saves you .20c per gallon on gas at $4.00 per gallon!

• 2 weeks later...

I got 2.49 for 5 years From ford financing and msrp on my '13. Ofcourse i had very large deposit. Had been saving for a carrera s (unsuccessfully,) boy porsche is proud of their stuff huh? thank goodness for the new steal of a supercar! Im in love with a car! And a little timid (actually a lot.) and i used to do 100 mph wheelies on interstates.

Archived