TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby Owner

Syndrome2010

Hi everyone,

My name is Andrew, I'm a car junkie. Until today I've had to drive cars that get the job done, I've never had a car that left the car that gets it done behind in an unapologetic smokey tire haze quite like this.

Today that changed. I spotted a 2010 Black and White GT500 in a local internet add and went to the dealer to take a look and discuss options. I had no real plans to buy. Thanks to my curiosity I'm now the owner. Once I sat in it I knew. No afterthoughts, no doubts.

She's stock as of today, 21000mi on the odo. Unless the previous owner did anything however I have not spotted any signs of modification. Dealer says it came with the GT Track Pack, however the window sticker does not verify that. Is there any way to tell without getting deep into the car?

So far I am more than happy. People do stare at it, BMW drivers get upset, 911's get out of the way on the freeway, and cops come out of nowhere. Not making this up, I just drove it home from the dealer and all these things happened in ten minutes.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow when I can, thunderstorms are forecast so it may be too dark to do the car justice.

I've been at it all day and it's barely soaked in that I drive a Shelby now. Hard work does pay off.

More to follow soon.

Thanks,

- Syndrome2010

I spotted a 2010 Black and White GT500

Dealer says it came with the GT Track Pack, however the window sticker does not verify that. Is there any way to tell without getting deep into the car?

The GT500 didn't offer the GT Track Pack, that was only on the Mustang GT's (V-8).

GT500's had a SVT Performance Package (SVTPP) but that wasn't available until 2011 so I think I'm safe to say, you have neither.

A dead giveaway on a SVTPP car is the narrow LeMans stripes and/or the SVTPP 19"/20" wheels with optional spoke pattern and Red colored Shocks/Struts. With some SVTPP cars being delivered with the Stripe Delete option, the stripes aren't near as telling as the wheels & suspension.

Welcome to my world,

Phill (also a 2010 GT500 owner)

Thanks for the replies, I drove it to work today. No doubt the best ride to work I've had in a long long time. Attached are the pictures, hopefully.

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

The best I could do with an iPhone, I'll try a man's camera tomorrow.

Welcome to TS, good luck with the new ride. From the pics, it looks to be stock except for the air filter.................enjoy !

My stock/OE 2010 GT500 air filter looks exactly like that. What's different about it???

Phill

Sorry guys I went out and took a closer look under the hood, Idle-Hour was right. It's an Air raid replacement filter. I swear it was the stock yellow filter when I looked at it in the showroom. The dealership must of put the air raid on when they were detailing it for me. Thats pretty cool of them.

Archived