TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shifter Arm

I have the new MGW shifter on my SuperSnake and there is a noticable difference over stock. Not sure versus the discontinued unit but I was a little dissapointed when I found out that that older shift handle and ball would not work on the new MGW unit.

I have the new MGW shifter on my SuperSnake and there is a noticable difference over stock. Not sure versus the discontinued unit but I was a little dissapointed when I found out that that older shift handle and ball would not work on the new MGW unit.

No, the "Shelby" billet shift arm doen't fit the MGW, it fits the OEM and FRPP shifters but the MGW has a completely different mounting style.

The MGW does have two different threads for their handles, one is 12mm x 1.25 and the other 12mm x 1.75. A change of handle may be the thread you need for the other knob.

R

The MGW does have two different threads for their handles, one is 12mm x 1.25 and the other 12mm x 1.75. A change of handle may be the thread you need for the other knob.

Actually Robert, there's three. From 2010 up the GT500's used a 10mm shaft so they make a 10mm for using the stock shifter ball too.

And the Shelby shift lever won't work on a '10+ because the early GT500's (which the SPP lever & FRPP lever is for) had two bolts that come in from the front of the shift lever but the '10+ have two bolts that come in from the side. You would have to mount the SPP/FRPP levers turned 90d to use them on a 2010 and newer GT500.

Phill

Actually Robert, there's three. From 2010 up the GT500's used a 10mm shaft so they make a 10mm for using the stock shifter ball too.

And the Shelby shift lever won't work on a '10+ because the early GT500's (which the SPP lever & FRPP lever is for) had two bolts that come in from the front of the shift lever but the '10+ have two bolts that come in from the side. You would have to mount the SPP/FRPP levers turned 90d to use them on a 2010 and newer GT500.

Phill

Thanks Phill.

MGW only lists the two 12mm. I have been shopping for an MGW recently.

R

Thanks Phill.

MGW only lists the two 12mm. I have been shopping for an MGW recently.

They don't mention it in the main body description but just under the price there's a gray box that says:

How to choose the shift knob handle for your MGW shifter...

If you are planning to use your STOCK OEM shift knob on the 2007-2009 GT500 you will want to choose the M12 x 1.25 fine pitch thread handle. Also, our MGW GRIPPER and COMPOSITE RACE knobs also have the correct fine pitch 12MM x 1.25 thread.

If you are using the white and black striped ball that comes in 2010-2012 GT500, then you will want to choose the 10 MM x 1.25 thread handle option.

If you are planning on purchasing one of our Classic RALLY or MGW logo shift balls you will want to order the COARSE PITCH 12MM x 1.75 threaded handle!!! These are only available with this thread.

If you pull down the drop down menu where it lists "Extra Handle", it shows the two 12mm (1.25FP & 1.75CP) and a 10mm X 1.25 Pitch for the 2010 as options for purchase.

IIRC, you have a '09+E, not a 2010+L so this is all moot for your application...Correct?

HTH,

Phill

Archived