TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shelby review on ignition

svt13

I like how this guy notes that after doing one 60-0 test the shelby took longer to stop and had brake odor. This is probably due to that crap one caliper in the rear!!! Thanks for skimping on those rear brakes ford!!

And apparently theirs made 580 hp not 613 like DBK on SVTPP and they could get it to 196 not 202. Maybe this 202 number with ford happened with a lot of back wind? :)

Enjoy

You have a lot of criticism for a car that can do all that and is under $60k

That he says he has on order and is buying..........

Phill

cant see how anyone could be "negative" about this beast... Great video on an even greater car(Thanks Ford). Best sounding exhaust I've ever heard(even better than my '11/LOL). Amazing that this car is soooo much better than a ZL1, and unlike Chevy's "gas pig", there's no gas guzzler tax.....ME WANT!!

cant see how anyone could be "negative" about this beast... Great video on an even greater car(Thanks Ford). Best sounding exhaust I've ever heard(even better than my '11/LOL). Amazing that this car is soooo much better than a ZL1, and unlike Chevy's "gas pig", there's no gas guzzler tax.....ME WANT!!

Don't get me wrong I think the car is amazing. Mine is being built next week (hopefully delivered soon). It's just there are these itty tiny little things that bugs me that ford could have easily addressed. So I am 99% happy about this car lol. Bigger rear caliper and LEDs in the fogs and I'm in heaven. I'm not a ford fan boy that lives for only mustangs. I just like good cars hence why I am buying this one because its the best performance bargain out there. But like any car there are tiny things the manufactuers could have added but with this car some of them just seem bizare to me.

Maybe this 202 number with ford happened with a lot of back wind? :)

Maybe you didn't listen to Randy Probst when he explains it!

2,000' ASL elevation, Arizona heat and not enough straight-away. "Less than ideal conditions", says Randy and "This car IS a 200mph car".

Maybe it's hard for you to hear with your head stuck so far up there. Get a glass bely-button intalled and maybe you'll be able to see the light.

Geez dude, why do you even want this car with all the bitching you do about it?

I think you'd be better off in a Camaro.

Just My Honest Opinion/JMHO,

Phill

2,000' ASL elevation, Arizona heat and not enough straight-away. "Less than ideal conditions", says Randy and "This car IS a 200mph car".

Maybe it's hard for you to hear with your head stuck so far up there. Get a glass bely-button intalled and maybe you'll be able to see the light.

Phill

LOL about the camaro comment. You don't want me to start bitching about that car. I was looking into the ZL1 but too many problems to count. And as far as it going 200mph or 196 I could care less about that. I was just making a joke about it. If he said the car only does 150 I'd be like ok. I'm never going 200 mph. Who can really in America besides the texas mile and other places like that. Nah this car will see the drag strip and maybe road course twice a year.

Bigger rear caliper

DOH! You're either not capable of listening or you refuse to. A bigger/better rear brake isn't going to help the car any! He had 'brake fade' and that's not due to the rear brake calipers, it's due to the production/street brake pads on the FRONT of the car.

GEEZEUS, yer hard headed!

Phill

DOH! You're either not capable of listening or you refuse to. A bigger/better rear brake isn't going to help the car any! He had 'brake fade' and that's not due to the rear brake calipers, it's due to the production/street brake pads on the FRONT of the car.

GEEZEUS, yer hard headed!

Phill

So why haven't they complained about this problem with the camaro or any other car with a 4 piston real caliper? I doubt chevy puts a better street brake pad on the camaro. Though the guy may have just kept his mouth shut about it and the same thing happens on the zl1. I don't know.

LOL about the camaro comment. You don't want me to start bitching about that car. I was looking into the ZL1 but too many problems to count. And as far as it going 200mph or 196 I could care less about that. I was just making a joke about it. If he said the car only does 150 I'd be like ok. I'm never going 200 mph. Who can really in America besides the texas mile and other places like that. Nah this car will see the drag strip and maybe road course twice a year.

Well, at least you take critisisum well.

The car won't see 200mph on a standing mile. It didn't see 200mph on a flying mile and Probst said he needed another mile of straight. Mojave Mile is having a 2 mile event soon, *maybe* it can hit 200 on a standing TWO mile course...but Mojave is at altitude and has high heat too so I'm not holding my breath.

Phill

And apparently theirs made 580 hp not 613 like DBK on SVTPP and they could get it to 196 not 202. Maybe this 202 number with ford happened with a lot of back wind? :)

Enjoy

Seemed pretty clear that they gave them the 4MPH with lower altitude and cooler temperatures. Nardo ain't in the high desert.

(As others noted while I was composing my reply - a batch all in about 3 minutes :) )

I agree that this is not a 200MPH standing mile car. Neither is the Ford GT without doing twin turbos. A TT 2013 GT500 is jut going to happen. It would be cool if someone could do it before the next Texas Mile.

Well, at least you take critisisum well.

The car won't see 200mph on a standing mile. It didn't see 200mph on a flying mile and Probst said he needed another mile of straight. Mojave Mile is having a 2 mile event soon, *maybe* it can hit 200 on a standing TWO mile course...but Mojave is at altitude and has high heat too so I'm not holding my breath.

Phill

Oh I know stock it won't go 200 in the texas mile. It would definitely need some mods to get there. I was just using the texas mile as an example of where people can get up to 200mph safely in the US. Too bad we don't have an American autobahn

Seemed pretty clear that they gave them the 4MPH with lower altitude and cooler temperatures. Nardo ain't in the high desert.

(As others noted while I was composing my reply - a batch all in about 3 minutes :) )

I agree that this is not a 200MPH standing mile car. Neither is the Ford GT without doing twin turbos. A TT 2013 GT500 is jut going to happen. It would be cool if someone could do it before the next Texas Mile.

Yea probably. Again I was just making a joke for humors sake not to be taken seriously.

Guilty as charged!

He got my blood boiling for a second....Now I have knots all over my head from banging it on my desk!

Phill

You guys that can are very fortunate to be able to drive your Shelby's at such high speeds!

Where I live I rarely even get on the interstates, and might hit 45 or 50 once in awhile :hysterical2: I haven't gone over 100 since my track day at Summit Point 3 years ago...

Fortunately I'll be able to wind it out a little bit more during my trip to the 50th East meet and the Quarter Aces Dragway.

So, if was were fortunate to own a new GT500 I would not be worried at all about those rear brakes (even if they were a real problem).

I have read many reviews of the 205 mph ZR1 where it failed to reach 205 mph as well. Obviously, there is a huge difference in going 200 mph and going 200 mph in the standing mile. I think the car lives up to its hype and everyone knows the fast 1/4 mile times will come from New Jersey anyway.....

(Sorry for the slip up. Sometimes I forget this is the internet and all statements are fact checked for accuracy within 99.9999999%)

I am now convinced that the OP is a member of camaro5

the car is a beast....and the review was good and fair! the Car is going to dyno differently on different dynos and different days...I mean if the lowest it puts down is 580 thats what the crank horsepower is for the ZL1...just for reference

Phill

I was going to mention a Bowtie product for him as well. The complaining is getting out of hand really, Look I have read sooo many complaints over the past few days. At the Mustang Forum They are doggin Shelby owners because they paid too much for a name. The Camaro guys are butt hurt because the the Shelby performs a little better, even though they really do have an excellent car all things considered. And here SVT....If that's your REAL name LOL....Is complaining about everything under the sun. Me personally, I'd like to praise the positive accomplishments of Ford. I am not even talking about 200MPH, or HP and TQ. I am talking suspension, LEDs, Carbon Fiber, Aerodynamics. Those are the things that show advancement. I love the 07-11 Shelbys too, but look how far it has come. Ford did an excellent job. This car will go, and it will stop, ,for what 99% of people will use it for. Because the rear calipers might not "look" cool isn't of issue. If you own a Shelby YOU ARE COOL, regardless of what the guy next to you is driving! You drive AMERICAN HISTORY TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION!!!!

Now that is EXCITING!

SVT, you are going to forget about all your worries and troubles when the rubber meets the road! Just be patient and you will have a BLAST!

I am now convinced that the OP is a member of camaro5

the car is a beast....and the review was good and fair! the Car is going to dyno differently on different dynos and different days...I mean if the lowest it puts down is 580 thats what the crank horsepower is for the ZL1...just for reference

Your an idiot if you think that. I'm not drinking any kool aid. Plus that Drake kid is a f***ing idiot. I hope I run into him on the street since he lives near me

I was going to mention a Bowtie product for him as well. The complaining is getting out of hand really, Look I have read sooo many complaints over the past few days. At the Mustang Forum They are doggin Shelby owners because they paid too much for a name. The Camaro guys are butt hurt because the the Shelby performs a little better, even though they really do have an excellent car all things considered. And here SVT....If that's your REAL name LOL....Is complaining about everything under the sun. Me personally, I'd like to praise the positive accomplishments of Ford. I am not even talking about 200MPH, or HP and TQ. I am talking suspension, LEDs, Carbon Fiber, Aerodynamics. Those are the things that show advancement. I love the 07-11 Shelbys too, but look how far it has come. Ford did an excellent job. This car will go, and it will stop, ,for what 99% of people will use it for. Because the rear calipers might not "look" cool isn't of issue. If you own a Shelby YOU ARE COOL, regardless of what the guy next to you is driving! You drive AMERICAN HISTORY TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION!!!!

Now that is EXCITING!

SVT, you are going to forget about all your worries and troubles when the rubber meets the road! Just be patient and you will have a BLAST!

Well your probably right. I got an ETA of june 11 today yay for me. I guess I'm a bit too much of a perfectionist. The car will be a blast no doubt about that

Don't get me wrong I think the car is amazing. Mine is being built next week (hopefully delivered soon). It's just there are these itty tiny little things that bugs me that ford could have easily addressed. So I am 99% happy about this car lol. Bigger rear caliper and LEDs in the fogs and I'm in heaven. I'm not a ford fan boy that lives for only mustangs. I just like good cars hence why I am buying this one because its the best performance bargain out there. But like any car there are tiny things the manufactuers could have added but with this car some of them just seem bizare to me.

Well for just a lil extra money you can make this car 100% for yourself. putting on bigger rotors and led's in the fogs won't cost you that much. On top of that you also have to consider that Ford wanted to keep the costs down so we're not stuck with a Muscle Car within Sports Car territory. We have the performance and power of sport cars but at a fraction of the cost. After watching the video I'm convinced it maybe time to let go of my 2011 and get the 13.

Your an idiot if you think that. I'm not drinking any kool aid. Plus that Drake kid is a f***ing idiot. I hope I run into him on the street since he lives near me

well I guess I am an idiot, because you sure talk and complain like one of those morons. How bout you get your car, drive it, enjoy it then give it the once over and the change the things you dont like then share with us, instead of constantly nitpicking at everything...be happy that Ford built one of the greatest mustangs ever at under 55K. As for that toolbag Drake, I hope you do run into him...pics/video or it didnt happen!

well I guess I am an idiot, because you sure talk and complain like one of those morons. How bout you get your car, drive it, enjoy it then give it the once over and the change the things you dont like then share with us, instead of constantly nitpicking at everything...be happy that Ford built one of the greatest mustangs ever at under 55K. As for that toolbag Drake, I hope you do run into him...pics/video or it didnt happen!

I am happy they built this car. And definitely if I run into that tool bag my phone is in hand and ready to capture every second of the raping I will give him.

I am happy they built this car. And definitely if I run into that tool bag my phone is in hand and ready to capture every second of the raping I will give him.

I don't visit the Camaro forums. What's up or who is this guy, Drake?

Phill

Archived