TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Time to buy a new computer after 9 years but don't know which is the best now

Optical mouse and standard keyboard for me - heavy duty gamers will opt for the fastest mouse and keyboard they can find, i.e. razer and others!

Sam

I like wireless mouses. But to be honest I want the razer products because of the backlit keyboard and the fact their mouse also has lights lol. Thats really the only reason. I could care less if my keyboard is 5ms faster or not.

Since 1984, I've owned eight Apple computers - that's over a 28 year period. I still have a G5 DMD running and use it on a regular basis. . .that one is from 2001. How many PCs are still running tough from 2001? Over that same period, I've owned PCs. They are simply not as stable, dependable and reliable as Macs.

Agreed 100%, it took me 10 years to finally try Mac, I will never go back. Not to mention the Customer Service is not even on the same playing field.

Liquid cooling is neat, but not absolutely necessary, unless you're overclocking and or have a high-end, superfast processor, (as processors get faster, they'll run hotter - sooner or later liquid cooling will become necessary no matter what!). A middle of the road sound card, (Creative or other), will serve you well, just buy some decent speakers (3.1 or 5.1) and you should be fine.

Sam

they have 3.1 speakers? I never saw any. I just bought some klipsche 2.1 pro media

had a 5.1 altec lansing system for like 10 years, but I don't want to deal with 5 speakers again just for my computer

they have 3.1 speakers? I never saw any. I just bought some klipsche 2.1 pro media

had a 5.1 altec lansing system for like 10 years, but I don't want to deal with 5 speakers again just for my computer

Oops, I MEANT 2.1!

Sam

Oops, I MEANT 2.1!

Sam

alright so talon with silent fan, 16 gig ram, nvidia 670 gtx graphics card, 1 TB hard drive, I7 processor z77 3770k 3.5/3.9 GHZ processor for $2,244. Hows that sound? Does the quieter fan actually work you think? Is it worth the 44 dollars? Because if not then my computer will be $2,200 even. Sound like a good set up? Was looking into 25 inch HD LED LCD by HP or Samsung. Whch would you go with?

Wait a week? Some interesting announcements coming.

Do you know what it is???? The guy told me that too today. He said I'd be interested in whats about to come but wouldn't tell me what exactly. He said they only have 3 talon cases so if I didn't order today or tomorrow I'd have to wait a month for my computer. So if you know whats coming can you tell me? Because I rather not wait a month if I don't have to.

Probably a newer/faster processor from Intel and or AMD...wait a week/month if you want the latest and greatest! (Of course, the price will change!)

Sam

I thought he was hinting more at a new line of desktop I don't know. He asked if I care about upgrading and said the talon would be easier to upgrade. Also he said the prices will drop a little bit actually since they are inflating them now to keep people from ordering as much since they only have 3 more talon cases and need to get more from like Taiwon. He said the price will pretty much be the same for what I am getting. But I guess i'll wait, in the meantime i'll just get the moniter, keyboard, and mouse so I have something new to at least entertain me for the next week.

Ok so update on what I plan on doing. I didn't know microcenter offers a service where you can build a computer from scratch so if I go that route I save 300 dollars roughly. So probably going to do that because I end up getting a better computer in the end. I have it with asus p8277 pro motherboard 3770k i7 both are 3rd generation, 16 gb ram ddr3 1600 corsair vengeance, 128 crucial SSD, western digital 1tb OEM harddrive, asus dvd writer/player, nvidia gtx 670 card, corsair ax750 watt fully modular power supply, windows 7 professional, hp 25 inch HD led lcd, razer mamba mouse, razer blackwidow ultimate, 2 year warranty instead of falcon 1 year, and corsair obsidian 550d silent case. All for 2650. As oppose to falcon it would be 3000.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought the macbook pro retina. Never used anything from apple before. Its taking a little time to get familar with but it is crazy fast compaired to our 3 year old gateway laptop.

I just bought the macbook pro retina. Never used anything from apple before. Its taking a little time to get familar with but it is crazy fast compaired to our 3 year old gateway laptop.

I had the same experience with my MacBook Pro, but now I find it difficult to use a PC laptop... because you can fall asleep waiting. lol

I had the same experience with my MacBook Pro, but now I find it difficult to use a PC laptop... because you can fall asleep waiting. lol

If you added up all the time wasted staring at my old pc just to boot... I am liking the instant gratification

oh yea so the new computer takes 5 seconds to boot up and shut down. Its lightning fast. I got way more value building my own then ordering from falcon. Also this computer rapes all macs out there. My computer cost less than my mom and dads macbook pros and the other mac desktop we have and its 10x faster. I did end up going witht he i5 3570k instead of the i7 3770k because in all reviews they practically ran identical with the i5 running a bit cooler. Unless I am editing video and crap which I don't do at all, the i5 and i7 were the exact same but my motherboard got discounted 50 dollars because I went with the i5 and the i5 at the time was further discounted due to a sale. I ended up paying 150 bucks for a motherboard and processor that normally costs 500 now.

Also since there was a deal I upgraded ram to 16 gigs of corsair vengence.

And I also got a better version of the Nvidia 670 gtx for the same price. I was debating getting the 4GB version but it was 200 dollars more so I don't need it. My graphics card as is can handle anything I could possibly throw at it.

Spoken from someone that has never used one. It will do everything I ever need a personal computer to do. I can write documents and print wirelessly. I can edit photos. I just don't need a computer for me.

May not be for everyone, but for me it works great.

Spoken from someone that has never used one. It will do everything I ever need a personal computer to do. I can write documents and print wirelessly. I can edit photos. I just don't need a computer for me.

May not be for everyone, but for me it works great.

Both my parents have ipads and macbook pros and we all have iphones. I have used and own every single apple product essentially lol.

Archived